You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Hogan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 90>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_Eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 2:42pm
Roy Keane was at Brentford watching him today
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:23pm
Worth mentioning that Hogan is a United fan.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 4:46pm
I'd call him up. 

Our striking options are limited, what harm would it do calling him up for the games v Netherlands/Belarus to be in and around squad the same applies to Joe Mason who should be in our panel for the WC qualifying.

7 goals in 4 games.

Edited by SByrne24 - 07 May 2016 at 4:47pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 5:25pm
Keeps going like this and he might decide he's got a shot with England LOL I kid of course, but it's not quite as far-fetched an aspiration as it used to be. I'm sure plenty of strikers knocking around the lower leagues must look at the likes of Vardy, Lambert, Wilson, Andre Gray etc. and think "just maybe..."
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 4:39pm
Good interview with Mark Ogden from the Independent! Says he couldn't say no to Roy Keane as he is one of his heroes
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 5:36pm
“Then there is the Ireland thing, which again is a surprise. Roy Keane was at Huddersfield on Saturday apparently and if Roy Keane rang me up, I couldn’t say no to Roy Keane. He is one of my heroes."

Get on the phone, Keano!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:18pm
Did not realise that all the 7 goals this lad had scored this season had come in the last 4 games. Was he injured for the first part of the season or what?

Based on that I can fully understand MON not jumping in and calling him up. Give them a chance to observe for a longer period and see whether or not he's a flash in the pan
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:26pm
He's had two injury hit seasons! Needs a good pre season behind him
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:01pm
Martin O'Neill on Bees striker Scott Hogan: "I thought about bringing him in, but I left it at this minute"
The only way is up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:57pm
Hopefully we don't live to regret that decision. I thought Murphy was injured anyway so I'm surprised to see him in the squad.
We're decent enough..
Andy_Eire View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy_Eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:18am
So excited at the thought of him playing for us after the Euro's, didn't know he was first choice ahead of Andre Gray before he got injury aswell. Natural goalscorer http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scott-hogan-bounces-back-from-two-career-threatening-injuries-in-bid-to-live-up-to-jamie-vardy-a7024466.html
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 6:47pm
Puts Brentford 1-0 up. The mans a goal machine
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:21pm

Looking forward to seeing him v Oman. His first full pre season in about 2-3 years!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:23pm
Another poachers goal. He's always in the right place at the right time, natural finisher, natural goal scorer.
Coleman esque View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleman esque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Another poachers goal. He's always in the right place at the right time, natural finisher, natural goal scorer.
Like ye say, his record towards the end of the season was unbelievable. Came on as a sub for 30 minutes in most games and scored 1 or even 2 most of the time
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:09am
Being linked with Leicester today, sign him up MON before the Vardy/England hype begins!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm
Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.

Totally agree with that. There should be no pussyfooting around with these lads. Call him up and cap him asap.
The only way is up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 90>
  Share Topic