You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Hogan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 90>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.

Totally agree with that. There should be no pussyfooting around with these lads. Call him up and cap him asap.

Glad we didn't miss out to the USA on Lapira.

Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hard to know if he'd get much game time there but it would certainly be enough to pique any England ambitions he has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with any promising player it's imperative we act quickly, particular a striker like Hogan as we're obviously in need of a young forward to replace our ageing attackers.

Totally agree with that. There should be no pussyfooting around with these lads. Call him up and cap him asap.

Glad we didn't miss out to the USA on Lapira.

Was Joe Lapira ever really a promising player though? Or just a chancer who Stan was gullible enough to indulge....
We're decent enough..
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Up and running for the season with a goal against Nottingham Forest
The only way is up
Eire_Andy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eire_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:18pm
Puts Brentford 1-0 up against Forest!!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:19pm
SH scored tonight after a brilliant save from Stephen Henderson.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:23pm
Did he score lads?
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 9:08am
if he is not in the squad v Oman i think we can take it he is hedging his bets. MON clearly likes him, so based on that I assume he will call him in if he accepts. With qualifiers around the corner, not too many chances to try lads out.
It's not me it's you:-)
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:33pm
Another goal today vs Brighton
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:34pm
and another 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:39pm
Surely has to take the spot vacated by Robbie?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Patrick Jane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 5:57pm
2 goals and had another couple of decent chances going by the highlights
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:12pm
Hogan now has 10 goals in his last 13 Championship games (could be wrong) , is there any valid reason as to why he shouldn't be selected next month?

Keane is gone, Long isn't scoring, Murphy will more than likely be back up at Newcastle, O'Neill likes to use Walters on the wing.

It should be a straight forward call up for O'Neill, I don't get his reluctance.......Even for the Oman/Serbia games realistically he could have been called up given how Keane was gone after the Oman match. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:43pm
Dont think hogan has any great interest in representing us, going on what he has said in the past, and rob brennan who is normally close enough to whats going on has also suggested this

Edited by Doyler1993 - 10 Sep 2016 at 9:43pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Dont think hogan has any great interest in representing us, going on what he has said in the past, and rob brennan who is normally close enough to whats going on has also suggested this

A total oddball imo LOL

Scott Hogan, doesn't sound like Mark Noble to me.

Then there is the Ireland thing, which again is a surprise. Roy Keane was at Huddersfield on Saturday apparently and if Roy Keane rang me up, I couldn’t say no to Roy Keane. He is one of my heroes.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:51pm
Well he accepted an under-21 call-up in the past only to miss out through injury, so he obviously has some sort of interest.
We're decent enough..
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:47am
Seen extended highlights of him Saturday bar the two goals he looks a player can run in behind drop short links well with the play.....would love to see him get a chance
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:59pm
Kevin Kilbane has just been talking about him on Newstalk. Says he really likes the look of him and that Hogan reminds him a bit of Jamie Vardy.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 2:07pm
Thought he was on stand by for the last 2 games (definitely said so on some sports news - not sure how accurate it was).window.post_1473771867718_16 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }window.post_1473771869040_37 = function(win,msg){ win.postMessage(msg,"*"); }

Does being on stand by mean he has committed to us and has sorted out the paperwork etc? I understand that he can change his mind if he hasn't played in a qualifier etc so not asking that.
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 90>
  Share Topic