You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:47pm
f**k it id take a play off- hoping for a Poland in. There is no doubt we would all like to qualify automatically but with where we lay a month ago in the table till now id take our chance in a play off.
Sponsored Links

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:17pm
If Scotland win were out. We won't get  anything more than a draw from our two games.
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:04pm
I really think Scotland will get the win against Poland they will have the crowd rocking in Glasgow one set piece will be enough for Scotland in a really scrapie game so we will need to get the win in Warsaw
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

I really think Scotland will get the win against Poland they will have the crowd rocking in Glasgow one set piece will be enough for Scotland in a really scrapie game so we will need to get the win in Warsaw

Agree with this sentiment unfortunately.

I'd be delighted with a draw and even more with a Polish win though I fancy Scotland to beat them
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:26pm
With the form lewandanski is in you'd think Poland will score once. Can't see Scotland scoring more than one.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:32pm
Yep Lewandowski is on fire...I think/hope they'll dismantle the Scots with quick break aways .....the Scots are all huff and puff with little or no quality, to have a play off spot wrapped up by Thurs night would be the dream, to finish outside that top 3 might aswell be finishing bottom
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

With the form lewandanski is in you'd think Poland will score once. Can't see Scotland scoring more than one.

As has been stated before Leva doesnt play as a 9 for the Polskis which is why his goal ratio is not as impressive.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:33pm

I wouldn't rule that out but the Scots are under ferocious pressure to get the win. It remains to be seen if they can handle that pressure.
ObserwatorPZPN View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ObserwatorPZPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm
We scored in every qualifier so far. Can`t see why we won`t do it in Glasgow as well. Scotland will have to play open game, at least for some parts of the game and this is an additional chance to get some goals on the counter.
But...if I was Nawałka I would go on Scots from the beginning, let`s say first 10-15 minutes pressure and attacking football because that will be the phase of the game when they will try to settle nerves and deal with pressure and of course not to concede. Goal at this stage and we have this game in the bag, if not move the game to the middle of the park and counter when ready.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:07pm
Hoping for a draw in this game and a chance for second place with a win in Warsaw.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by ObserwatorPZPN ObserwatorPZPN wrote:

We scored in every qualifier so far. Can`t see why we won`t do it in Glasgow as well. Scotland will have to play open game, at least for some parts of the game and this is an additional chance to get some goals on the counter.
But...if I was Nawałka I would go on Scots from the beginning, let`s say first 10-15 minutes pressure and attacking football because that will be the phase of the game when they will try to settle nerves and deal with pressure and of course not to concede. Goal at this stage and we have this game in the bag, if not move the game to the middle of the park and counter when ready.

Yup that's what I'd do too.

The risk I guess is conceding early to Scotland and that could get the Scots going.

I would also do the exact same when Poland play us in Warsaw.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Hoping for a draw in this game and a chance for second place with a win in Warsaw.

Mental...and I'm doing the euro lotto and a chance to win gazilions......and why not hope for a Scots win in your scenario
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by ObserwatorPZPN ObserwatorPZPN wrote:

Yes, the fact that Scotland need to win means they cannot play defensively. They will have to have a go at Poland but this means the Poles can counter attack at will. It should be an open game with a lot of chances.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Mental...and I'm doing the euro lotto and a chance to win gazilions......and why not hope for a Scots win in your scenario

Think about it.

If we draw with Germany and Scotland win, we need a win in Poland or else we're completely out.

If we draw with Germany and Poland win, we are in third place and there's nothing we can do about it.

It we draw with Germany and Scotland draw with Poland, we are guaranteed third and a win in Poland gets us second. It's so much better than either of the alternatives.

Obviously if we lose to Germany, there is little enough difference between a Scottish win and draw, but you have to consider the fact there is a benefit to the draw if we also draw.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Think about it.

If we draw with Germany and Scotland win, we need a win in Poland or else we're completely out.

If we draw with Germany and Poland win, we are in third place and there's nothing we can do about it.

It we draw with Germany and Scotland draw with Poland, we are guaranteed third and a win in Poland gets us second. It's so much better than either of the alternatives.

Obviously if we lose to Germany, there is little enough difference between a Scottish win and draw, but you have to consider the fact there is a benefit to the draw if we also draw.

I'm being a realist...hand on heart I see nothing for Ireland from these 2 games ......so I'll take 3rd place now and live to fight another day
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:07am

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Think about it.

I'm being a realist...hand on heart I see nothing for Ireland from these 2 games ......so I'll take 3rd place now and live to fight another day

That would be a serious drop off in form for us though. One defeat in eight and we've conceded only five goals. I would be extremely disappointed if we lost the two October games.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I wouldn't rule that out but the Scots are under ferocious pressure to get the win. It remains to be seen if they can handle that pressure.

Any Scots I've talked to are convinced they'll fold under the pressure. It'll be a nervy crowd with an expectancy of failure, as far as I can see.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:24am
1-0 Scotland
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic