You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland vs Poland
    Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 2:24pm
Absolutely huge game. How do people see this going? I can see a score draw but will be hoping for a Poland win so we can relax and look forward to a play off and give it a go from there.
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 2:28pm
All I know is it's great to see Lewandowski in such fine fettle. 8 goals in 2 games? Big smile
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

All I know is it's great to see Lewandowski in such fine fettle. 8 goals in 2 games? Big smile

10 in 3 actually
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 3:08pm
Hope Poland give them a hiding.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 3:28pm
Caught in 2 minds. The forever optimist in me that, however stupidly, still thinks we can beat Germany wants Scotland to win and then we can have a go at 2nd place!!
However the emotionally battered Irish supporter in me who thinks the optimistic me is an idiot wants a Poland win to guarantee 3rd for us

Edited by DangerHere - 30 Sep 2015 at 3:29pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 3:43pm
I can't see Poland losing this even though Scotland are the type of team who can pull out a huge one off result completely at random.

One thing that may be a factor is that Poland will have massive travelling support. They could easily have 20,000 fans in the stadium (loads of Poles living in Scotland and free to buy tickets).
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I can't see Poland losing this even though Scotland are the type of team who can pull out a huge one off result completely at random.

One thing that may be a factor is that Poland will have massive travelling support. They could easily have 20,000 fans in the stadium (loads of Poles living in Scotland and free to buy tickets).

yeah that's a good point. Loads of Irish there too though which didn't help us much over there. Maybe Lewandowski's bangin form could turn out to be a blessing

Edited by DangerHere - 30 Sep 2015 at 4:47pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:59pm
They have to get the ball to him first. For every Lewandowski or Krychowiak in that team there's a Rybus or Wawrzyniak. And Krychowiak was sh*te against us

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 30 Sep 2015 at 4:59pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

However the emotionally battered Irish supporter in me who thinks the optimistic me is an idiot wants a Poland win to guarantee 3rd for us

This, I'd take my chances in a play off.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:10pm

I would bite your hand off for a playoff now however maybe we will shock a few people in the next week and a half.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:16pm
I reckon a playoff is our lot. Don't think Scotland will overhaul us now (i certainly f**kin hope not) and dont think we'll do enough to overtake the Poles. I'd probably have taken it if you'd offered it to me at the start of the campaign. Especially if somehow we are seeded. We might surprise everyone and come second or completely f**k it up and come 4th but i think we'll remain where we are now
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:18pm
It's the group deciding game
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:24pm
Im hoping for a draw.

I think playing Poland in a must win game would be better than a 2 leg playoff against the likes of Turkey/Holland, Russia/Sweden, Croatia etc..

Get a point Vs Germany and we'll have nothing to worry about either way.

Edited by valo88 - 30 Sep 2015 at 5:25pm
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:26pm
Is this on same time as our game?
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:26pm
No way would I fancy us to get anything in Warsaw if they're having to get something as well.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 30 Sep 2015 at 5:27pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

yeah that's a good point. Loads of Irish there too though which didn't help us much over there. Maybe Lewandowski's bangin form could turn out to be a blessing

I think there will be far more Poles than there were Irish in November. There are tens of thousands of them living in Glasgow and Edinburgh and they can all legally buy tickets for the game (and that's on top of their official allocation).
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Yes, both 7.45pm kick offs.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Yes, both 7.45pm kick offs.

Cheers.

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic