You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland - What result do you want?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Poll Question: What outcome do you want?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [83.15%]
15 [16.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 9:19pm
Basically, in the Scotland-Poland game, I want the same result for the home team that the home team gets in the Ireland-Germany game. So if Ireland are to lose, I want Scotland to lose because this would seal 3rd place for Ireland, and they wouldn't have to worry about going to Warsaw NEEDING a result as this does not usually turn out well. If Ireland can hold on to a draw, a draw in Scotland would guarantee Ireland at least 3rd place, but also give them a free shot at automatic qualification with no worry of being eliminated entirely. T'would be a great opportunity for Ireland to really let their hair down and go for broke, although cautious O'Neill would probably play a cagey game all the same. In the event that Ireland could break their almost 15 year duck and beat a top team in competition, then I would like to see Scotland win because that would give them an outside chance of still making 3rd place, if Ireland could also beat Poland in Warsaw (dare to imagine that for an end to Ireland's campaign) and the two sets of fans could share drinks and hearty banter in France.
Sponsored Links

Cliffs of Dover View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliffs of Dover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 12:49pm
Poland to win, certainly. Any other preference would be madness. However, given Scotland's impressive form, it is anything but inevitable.
conord97 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conord97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:30pm
A draw for sure
DavidMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:04pm
POLAND WIN
We March On
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 1:47pm
People seem to forget that Poland, like scotland are also famous for bottling it. The scots have nothing to lose now, i think they have a more than reasonable chance of beating them. id rather a draw between the two, if we cannot get a point in the last two matches, we frankly don't deserve a playoff spot.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic