You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland - What result do you want?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: What outcome do you want?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [83.15%]
15 [16.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

If we can draw with Germany, a draw in Glasgow will obviously suit best, as we would be guaranteed third spot and would have a free swipe at Poland for second place. But if we lose as expected when Germany roll into town, clearly a Polish win would be best. Pity both games will be on at the same fine.
Not in the poll, but under no circumstance do we want a Scottish win.

A Scotland win and we'll probably see the back on Martin O Neill, so not all bad.
Sponsored Links

Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

If we can draw with Germany, a draw in Glasgow will obviously suit best, as we would be guaranteed third spot and would have a free swipe at Poland for second place.

That's what i'm saying. Still reckon we can get at least a draw. Keep it narrow, flood the midfield and leave Long up on his own

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:55am
Germans need a point to qualify. Gentlemen's agreement and all that. I'll take a draw between Buckie and Tyskie and take our chances in Warsaw.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:58am
Scotland will beat Poland in glasgow, will be a cracking game I bet. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:59am
Us to draw against Germany and Poland to draw against Scotland. Scotland are out, we have a free shot at Poland to try and take automatic qualification from them with no pressure whatsoever on us. That's the dream
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 2:30am
Scotland are in the driving seat here, 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 3:31am
Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

I'm not so sure. I see the Scottish fans are talking up the fact that they 'only' have to beat Poland in order to get third place, but a defeat in Glasgow would be a very bad result for the Poles and could even leave them at risk of complete non qualification, never mind a play off spot. I reckon Poland will really go for this one and try and win it.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 3:42am
Poland will go out to win in Glasgow but I think scotland will get the 3 points. 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:07am

Poland will go out to win in Glasgow but I think scotland will get the 3 points. 

Poland are playing for automatic qualification and Scotland for a play off place at best. There's not much doubt who the form team would be here.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 4:10am
0-0 please
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 5:11am
Got to be a polish win - would take a playoff now. Would be no surprise if we don't get another point.

However I don't see a polish win in Scotland, can see Scotland winning, if that happens we'll be 4th.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:10am
Poland win and let's take our chances in a play off.
We would have taken that after the home match v Scotland.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:15am

Sure they have all the momentum behind them. 1pt out of the last 9 is table topping stuff.

dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:24am
We need to focus on the German game and aim to take something from it. We can't affect what happens in Glasgow only what happens in Dublin. At the start of the campaign my hope was that we could go into the final game still with something to play for and we're in that position. But hopefully the Poles can do us a favor and take all 3 points from the Scots and help guarantee us at least a playoff.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 7:46am
I cannot see us getting anything out of our remaining two games therefore a Polish win is vital to us securing a playoff spot.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:07am
Poland win every time though I could see us getting a draw in Warsaw if we need it with Poland already qualified ? Or have I read that wrong
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:43am
We will lose to Germany and Scotland will beat Poland . Have to go to Warsaw to win ...
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:47am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

We will lose to Germany and Scotland will beat Poland . Have to go to Warsaw to win ...
Ah Jaysus BB, where's your spirit of adventure and positivity gone??!!!

WinkWink

I don't believe Scotland will beat Poland.

I think they will draw, then we will draw with Germany and then go to Poland needing a draw for Poland to finish 2nd and us to finish 3rd.......Italia 90 Vs Holland beckons again...... EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by greengooner - 08 Sep 2015 at 8:48am
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic