You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland - What result do you want?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: What outcome do you want?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [83.15%]
15 [16.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland vs Poland - What result do you want?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 11:59pm
A Polish win in Glasgow will secure us a play off before we even arrive in Warsaw and will be make the fixture somewhat of a friendly.

A draw in Glasgow will make it a bit strange. A win in Warsaw & we qualify automatically or do we play for a draw to send us both home reasonably happy?
Sponsored Links

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:02am
Poland to win so we can relax in poland knowing that we have a playoff spot secure and hope for the best in the draw
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:04am
Poland to win in Glasgow would be ideal...However I see a draw there
I see us drawing in Warsaw & that would be exactly what I'd take from that
The only way is up
CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:11am
Scotland will beat Poland in glasgow. They stood toe to toe with Germany tonight but the result didn't go their way, they gave Germany a hell of a game!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:15am
Large scale rioting to see both teams deducted three points
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:18am
Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

Scotland will beat Poland in glasgow. They stood toe to toe with Germany tonight but the result didn't go their way, they gave Germany a hell of a game!!

The Germans were definitely the better side though. 72% possession and had six shots on target to Scotland's two.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

The Germans were definitely the better side though. 72% possession and had six shots on target to Scotland's two.

Germany are world champions and easily the best team in our group but scotland went for it tonight and I commend them for that.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:24am
I'm quite shocked by the poll results. A draw would be the best result surely.

I rather we go to Poland and win and claim automatic qualification than hope for the luck of the draw in the play offs.

We have a chance right now why not try and take it?
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I rather we go to Poland and win and claim automatic qualification than hope for the luck of the draw in the play offs.

I'd really only want to answer the poll question if I already knew the Ireland - Germany result. At the moment, we're just guessing what would be a good outcome.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:27am

You must be mental to think anything other than a Polish win is good for us. If they have to get a win in Warsaw as a result of drawing in Glasgow they will get it. Poland winning is the ideal scenario for us
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:31am

Nah, a draw for Scotland means we absolutely have to get something from the Germany or Poland games. Tonight we struggled to beat Georgia, I think we've reached our final points total for the group.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:32am
Well look at it like this if Poland win there through. A point for us against Germany and Poland is all to play for in Warsaw if they draw

Edited by Guest - 08 Sep 2015 at 12:34am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Nah, a draw for Scotland means we absolutely have to get something from the Germany or Poland games. Tonight we struggled to beat Georgia, I think we've reached our final points total for the group.

We haven't beaten a top team at home for 14 years and we haven't beaten a top team away for 28 years and with this current set-up I don't see that changing.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:36am
Like O Neill said its in our own hands and not depending on results elsewhere. Scotland will take something from Poland or there gone
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:38am
I'm pretty sure we won't lose our last two games. We'll pick up one point minimum, maybe more.
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:38am

A point for us against Germany

Yeah, that should be straight forward enough. Why settle for just a point though?
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

A point for us against Germany

Yeah, that should be straight forward enough. Why settle for just a point though?

Of course it won't be straight forward but we managed it already. A win makes things easier LOL
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 12:43am
If we can draw with Germany, a draw in Glasgow will obviously suit best, as we would be guaranteed third spot and would have a free swipe at Poland for second place. But if we lose as expected when Germany roll into town, clearly a Polish win would be best. Pity both games will be on at the same fine.
Not in the poll, but under no circumstance do we want a Scottish win.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic