You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:47pm
About what you'd expect. Deadwood drifting away. Can't have too many complaints.
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:51pm
Stevens, Hamilton, Festy, Will Keane, Manning, Dunne, Lenihan, Christie, Kelleher omitted from last squad. All fit bar Kelleher? 

Edited by Eoink21 - 15 Sep 2022 at 12:53pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 12:55pm
Strong showing of our defensive options there. Dunne and Lenihan are good centre halves at Championship level. Christie, Manning and Stevens have good experience at wing back at Championship level. These lads would have made a lot of squads in recent years. 

Look like Brady is going to be McClean's competition for left wing back based on the lack of any other option and the fact that he's in the squad as a defender. That will be interesting. 
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Stillill Stillill wrote:

Lads anyone been to Hampden before? I know you can get a train out from Glasgow but a Scottish mate has just told me they close the station after the match as it's too small to accommodate the crowds. That can't be right, can it? I'm in the Scottish end with the young lad, I'd rather not be stuck without an exit plan.

It’s a good hours walk . Best to find a bar nearby and wait for the crowds to die down 😬
Here we go again, we're on the road again
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Stevens, Hamilton, Festy, Will Keane, Manning, Dunne, Lenihan, Christie, Kelleher omitted from last squad. All fit bar Kelleher? 

No Stevens isn't fit either. Has been out since the opening game of the season.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:04pm
Good to see Brady back in.

Not happy to see Hourihane at all. There's just not enough in midfield.

Stevens & Lenihan both injured too.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:08pm
As expected. No real surprises. Last call up for a couple of players with Nations league nearing an end. 

Not too many form players going into this round of games unfortunately.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:14pm

Lads anyone been to Hampden before? I know you can get a train out from Glasgow but a Scottish mate has just told me they close the station after the match as it's too small to accommodate the crowds. That can't be right, can it? I'm in the Scottish end with the young lad, I'd rather not be stuck without an exit plan.

All you have to do is walk down the road to Cathcart station (less than ten minutes walk) and you can get a train back to Central from there, it's what many Scotland fans do after a game. The area is also quite safe to walk about at night in.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

All you have to do is walk down the road to Cathcart station (less than ten minutes walk) and you can get a train back to Central from there, it's what many Scotland fans do after a game. The area is also quite safe to walk about at night in.

So it's not closed after the match?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:18pm
Going into a game vs Armenia with no creative CMs...

Only 24 named, I wonder who's close to being added.

If Byrne puts in a performance this evening vs Gent he might be added.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

So it's not closed after the match?

Mount Florida (the closest station to Hampden) is sometimes closed after well attended games so I think it probably will be closed for the upcoming game. There have been some unpleasant bottlenecks in the narrow footbridge leading from the direction of Hampden into Mount Florida and the platform has also at times became dangerously overcrowded.

That's why even if Mount Florida is open many of us just walk down to Cathcart which has a big long platform more suited to accommodating crowds.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Going into a game vs Armenia with no creative CMs...

Only 24 named, I wonder who's close to being added.

If Byrne puts in a performance this evening vs Gent he might be added.

Agreed. Far more concerned with Armenia than Scotland game. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Good to see Brady back in.

Not happy to see Hourihane at all. There's just not enough in midfield.

Stevens & Lenihan both injured too.

Lisa needs braces. DENTAL PLAN!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:16pm
So happy to see Robbie back Star
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:18pm
The work over the past 18 months is seeing the squad become more settled and to an extent predictable (an not necessarily in a bad way.) Also, even though there is only a handful of PL players, the bulk are playing regularly and in some cases very well.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The work over the past 18 months is seeing the squad become more settled and to an extent predictable (an not necessarily in a bad way.) Also, even though there is only a handful of PL players, the bulk are playing regularly and in some cases very well.

It's quite alarming to see no midfielders or attackers playing in the Premier League.

"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Stillill View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 3:47pm
Thanks for the replies, lads. Cathcart looks like the way to go, so.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 3:57pm
Decent, settled squad. Can't have too many complaints really - would have been good to see another body in midfield maybe, someone like Sykes to add depth. I wonder did Hogan squeeze in there ahead of Keane after last night or was he always going to be in with Keane missing out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
  Share Topic