You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland down the years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:29pm
There mus have been a lot of the Celtic European Cup winners team playing for Scotland, yis must have had a good team back then Ersatz?? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 2:21am
Johny Giles was talking about Dave Mackay getting so little caps for Scotland which he said was scandalous but Bremner was actually playing so well for Scotland they couldnt drop him. Mackay was a hero to Bremner he also said
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:03am
The Scots were too tight to pay for their transport home so said they were injured
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

Johny Giles was talking about Dave Mackay getting so little caps for Scotland which he said was scandalous but Bremner was actually playing so well for Scotland they couldnt drop him. Mackay was a hero to Bremner he also said
Dunno how I could have discussed this without referencing one of my favourite football photos of all time:

Anyhow, this guy has an interesting take on Mackay:

Note that when Sir Alex Ferguson and Hugh McIlvanney got together to pick their greatest ever Scotland team, not only did they include Mackay, but they made him Captain.

P.S. Apparently he was proud of his record of never getting sent off in his entire career!

Edited by Territorial - 15 Jan 2018 at 5:16pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Bremner not going to put up any resistance there! Venables in the background.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 1:53pm
No suitable thread

Billy Gilmour named in the U21 squad.
Surprised he wasn’t put into the senior squad. He looked great for Chelsea the last 2 games.

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 2:31pm
Not suitable thread either but does anyone know of decent irish pubs in Aberdeen?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

Not suitable thread either but does anyone know of decent irish pubs in Aberdeen?

Are there no decent Scottish pubs in Aberdeen then?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Why not mix with the glitterati in Peep Peeps? Some set of tits at the 2:18 mark Heart

El Puto Amo
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 4:41pm

No idea, just on my way up there now for work
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Why not mix with the glitterati in Peep Peeps? Some set of tits at the 2:18 mark Heart

"It's nae a posh, up-market place"

Really? We'd never have guessed LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:01pm
It’s a shame it is closed, it looks tremendous fun.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How come all the rough and ready sh*tholes keep closing? They always the best. Bairds in Glasgow  was great spot if ya  didnt mind not having a toilet street, bog roll and having to sh*t in front of a crowd due to no toilet doors half the time
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 5:59pm

How come all the rough and ready sh*tholes keep closing? They always the best. Bairds in Glasgow  was great spot if ya  didnt mind not having a toilet street, bog roll and having to sh*t in front of a crowd due to no toilet doors half the time
I was in the new Baird’s and I liked it, it isn’t the same though. I actually think a lot of pubs and pub companies are doing themselves out of business by not catering for different markets. There used to be pubs for different occasions, times and situations. It is harder to find the dodgy kip now.
 There used be a decent dive bar near me. The clientele was heavy drinking regulars by day, music fans at night and football fans at weekends. It had some cracking punk and ska nights, barely drinkable beer but very cheap shots and bottles. It kicked all the regulars out, had a refurbishment and is now empty every time I walk past. 

In saying that, I was in Scotland for the first time in a while recently and found there was a better mix. The Central Bar in Leith is still as it was! Change from a fiver for two drinks, everybody a different level of drunk and the worst pub band I have heard. Tremendous.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm

I was in the new Baird’s and I liked it, it isn’t the same though. I actually think a lot of pubs and pub companies are doing themselves out of business by not catering for different markets. There used to be pubs for different occasions, times and situations. It is harder to find the dodgy kip now.
 There used be a decent dive bar near me. The clientele was heavy drinking regulars by day, music fans at night and football fans at weekends. It had some cracking punk and ska nights, barely drinkable beer but very cheap shots and bottles. It kicked all the regulars out, had a refurbishment and is now empty every time I walk past. 

In saying that, I was in Scotland for the first time in a while recently and found there was a better mix. The Central Bar in Leith is still as it was! Change from a fiver for two drinks, everybody a different level of drunk and the worst pub band I have heard. Tremendous.

Egerton arms in Stockport like that, £1.80 for pint of John Smith's, £2.30 for Carling, mix of pikeys, Bagheads, oaps, homeless lads stinking place out, and the hi vis brigade after work. Bar half the crowd,  go bust, change owners, let everyone back in and same thing again. Dukebox free and half the fights start over that. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 6:34pm
Just had a quick search and one of the first stories I find is of two regulars who decapitated a lad and set him on fire.Shocked
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 7:20pm
[QUOTE=pre Madonna]Just had a quick search and one of the first stories I find is of two regulars who decapitated a lad and set him ]

Least they didn't do it in the pub
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:01am
Stewart Houston - 1 cap

left back. 7 years at man united making 250 apps.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic