You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : The Coaches Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schoolboy player takes club to court

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DylanCCFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schoolboy player takes club to court
    Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:20am
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:49am
I don't subscribe to online bullying but whilst not knowing the full facts, the combo of the brief outline of the case and the young lads haircut has prejudiced me against him completely. 

Needs a stint in the Marines for an alternative form of coaching. 

El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:25pm
The reasons given in the article, as well as the haircut, mean you are correct. If he wins,every GAA club in the country will be done!

Edited by pre Madonna - 27 Apr 2017 at 12:30pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:27pm
Read that this morning, unbelievable stuff.

This kid will be putting in claims for the rest of his life.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:33pm
I got dropped from my schools team U14 team for smashing up a player from Salesian College. I played against the f**ker the previous Saturday when playing against Celbridge Boys, he nutmugged me, I was still raging.

I never started for the school team again under that manager/teacher. I could have reached the top if it wasn't for that. I think I'll put in a claim.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:35pm
Am currently talking to my lawyer based on occurrences at previous fan's games. 

Could I also just take this opportunity to say what a fine bunch of lads have represented us in these games over the years. 

DylanCCFC View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DylanCCFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm
Case was thrown out.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I got dropped from my schools team U14 team for smashing up a player from Salesian College. I played against the f**ker the previous Saturday when playing against Celbridge Boys, he nutmugged me, I was still raging.
Wait, you thought, your time will come.
The ball was there, you thought.
BAM, take that you kunt.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by DylanCCFC DylanCCFC wrote:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/soccer-player-sues-club-for-trauma-448797.html

Thoughts?
The kids a fanny and his Dad is an ambulance chaser.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by DylanCCFC DylanCCFC wrote:

Case was thrown out.
Just as well. Clap

As PM said above, if that lad had won the case, there'd be GAA (and soccer and rugby) clubs up and down the country being hit with cases like this with parents queuing up to lodge claims just because their wee 'uns weren't getting a game.

It certainly speaks volumes for today's compensation culture that such a case was even considered, never mind taken all the way to Court. Unhappy 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I don't subscribe to online bullying but whilst not knowing the full facts, the combo of the brief outline of the case and the young lads haircut has prejudiced me against him completely. 

Needs a stint in the Marines for an alternative form of coaching. 

LOL

Probably would have got similar treatment (certainly would have been told to catch himself on, at least) if he tried taking a case like this about 20 years ago. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:41pm
They should be ashamed of themselves going to court over something so frivolous .

Good to hear that case was thrown out,hope they get caught for the costs.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:50pm
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:51pm
Jesus Christ when more people find out about this it won't be just at matches he's jeered
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Wait, you thought, your time will come.
The ball was there, you thought.
BAM, take that you kunt.

I did it in 1997, Keane copied me in 2001. I'm a trendsetter.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
This is up there with the case I read about recently of an 18 year old lad who had, at the age of 14 or 15, sued a driver through his father (took the case in his own name when he reached 18). The lad had been cycling the wrong way round a roundabout and crashed into the side of a stationary car. Thankfully he lost the case.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 3:03pm
Seán Ó Donnabháin is basically the worst judge for a case like that, from the kid's point of view. He takes no bullsh*t whatsoever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic