FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schoolboy football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

So the FAI absolutely bottle the big decision at the first sight of trouble. This makes a mockery of the underage LOI plans.  
Exactly.

Player Pathway me bollix.

Every other club has implemented these recommendations and now its been thrown back in their face. 

Spot on from MCH and GMcK. You'd swear SKB were the only show in town when it comes to development of elite players. They shouted loudest and with the most consistency against this and the spineless t*ssers in the FAI folded when they just needed to show a tiny bit of f*cking backbone - it wouldn't have taken much fortitude for the FAI to simply inform SKB that all schoolboy clubs must get on board with the structures laid out in the development plan. Ah well, at least we can look forward to a full and frank discussion (awkward questions and dissenting voices welcome as always) on the subject at the annual North Korea themed AGM next month .
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

kevins single handedly killed schoolboy football a long time ago
Can you expand on this ?
I've two kids playing at St. Kevins and haven't a bad word to say about them. People complain about them that they're all about the money etc. and this and that but the coaching, facilities and opportunities the kids get is second to none. The kids are also emersed in a level of professionalism that helps prepare them if they pursue a professional career in football.      
I've no issue with SKB at all and have attended two of the last 3 Academy Cups.

But to say that other clubs don't have the same coaching, facilities and opportunities is wrong.
There is also a 'level of professionalism' at a lot of clubs even those outside the elite formally so-called 'Big 6'.

SKB still use two council pitches and share an astro with a school.

This is the FAI's cock up not SKB's.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:03pm

Imagine we had a football governing body who had a bit of bollox and actually enforced their plans. 
You can be sure if there supporters or reporters were giving the main men in the FAI grief then they would be put in their place as we have seen in the past. 
I wonder why they can't make the clubs and the leagues tow the line in the same manner? (That was a rhetorical question by the way) 
El Puto Amo
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm

Can you expand on this ?

I've two kids playing at St. Kevins and haven't a bad word to say about them. People complain about them that they're all about the money etc. and this and that but the coaching, facilities and opportunities the kids get is second to none. The kids are also emersed in a level of professionalism that helps prepare them if they pursue a professional career in football.      

That's grand for Kevins and the kids there if they are good enough. However, SKB are going against the plan for the development of the Irish game. We have a dearth of young talent coming through and the underage LOI structure has been put in place to try and address that. SKB are taking the piss out of it and now can continue to punt young lads to Stevenage and Fleetwood for a few bob to the detriment of the rest of Irish football. 

Case in point 

Finally when it looked like something good was happening at underage level, it has been completely undermined. 
They're not the only ones. The Summer Soccer was always going to be the big one in the Development Plan. Kildare were due to change from this month and a week before the season was to start it was pulled. They're reverting to the standard season commencing in August as they normally would. Looks like that part of it will never get off the ground.
There are leagues not even implementing the first few recommended steps yet
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 1:51pm

Can you expand on this ?

That's grand for Kevins and the kids there if they are good enough. However, SKB are going against the plan for the development of the Irish game. We have a dearth of young talent coming through and the underage LOI structure has been put in place to try and address that. SKB are taking the piss out of it and now can continue to punt young lads to Stevenage and Fleetwood for a few bob to the detriment of the rest of Irish football. 

Case in point 

Finally when it looked like something good was happening at underage level, it has been completely undermined. 
El Puto Amo
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm

Can you expand on this ?

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm

So the FAI absolutely bottle the big decision at the first sight of trouble. This makes a mockery of the underage LOI plans.  
Exactly.

Player Pathway me bollix.

Every other club has implemented these recommendations and now its been thrown back in their face. 

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:29am

Originally posted by DylanCCFC DylanCCFC wrote:

I thought that the reason for the underage LOI was to provide a pathway to the senior team? Where are the Kevins players gonna go after U15? Madness from the FAI.
This is the thing you see.

SKB players will then go across the water like they do now, for a small consideration  of course Wink

SKB can still host their u13 Academy Cup against the cream of Europe every Easter.

Status quo maintained, everyone's a winner Rodders.

El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by DylanCCFC DylanCCFC wrote:

I thought that the reason for the underage LOI was to provide a pathway to the senior team? Where are the Kevins players gonna go after U15? Madness from the FAI.
This is the thing you see.

SKB players will then go across the water like they do now, for a small consideration  of course Wink

SKB can still host their u13 Academy Cup against the cream of Europe every Easter.

Status quo maintained, everyone's a winner Rodders.
DylanCCFC View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DylanCCFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 7:49am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 10:38am

Can you expand on this ?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:27pm
Money is power and Kevins have an abundance of money, no doubt some underhand dealing going on again, kevins single handedly killed schoolboy football a long time ago

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 27 Jun 2017 at 9:28pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:57pm

The FAI never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:48pm
Be killings and rightly so. What they even thinking?

tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:45pm
I can't wait to hear the FAI try to justify this one! There will be absolute mayhem if this goes through.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:21pm

I’d imagine the bigger Dublin schoolboy clubs are gonna lose their sh*t over this 

El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:07pm
This will cause absolute murder.

Another shambles by the FAI.

Another thing I saw yesterday was the DDSL introducing matches for clubs academy teams.
These are for 5s and 6s. An absolute fcuking joke.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:54pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/st-kevins-boys-firmly-in-the-frame-for-new-u15-league-as-decisions-loom-35868957.html
Strange that others have been turned down but they seem to be getting in. Another team from Dublin isn't really needed in fairness
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic