Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saudi League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Very few clubs would want these players.

Whose going to pay 100k for Lingard?

Drinkwater is just a washed up alco.
He should just drink water.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 1:45pm
Saudi league is outside the UEFA fair play regulations and don't have a price cap like US league.

So if I am not wrong, they could easily just keep the tap running and flood their league with a good chunk of the best players from around the world and no one to stop them even if they are making huge losses.

Agents will probably be pushing the players to sign over there
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 8:40am
Jordan Henderson off to join Gerrards Saudi club....
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:18am
Fantasy football over there and the first player you go after is Jordan Henderson LOL

Reportedly £700k a week, can’t turn that down at his age.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 10:34am
Liverpool through and through is Gerrard. 

First thing he does is goes after Liverpool's deadweight, milking the Saudis of millions who will no doubt pay over the odds for players who will not be contributing to Liverpool any more. 

His beloved Liverpool maximize their transfers fees Big smile

I bet Henderson is only the start. Expect the likes of Nat Phillips and Tiago to follow 

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Jul 2023 at 10:39am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fantasy football over there and the first player you go after is Jordan Henderson LOL

Reportedly £700k a week, can’t turn that down at his age.

You can when you've been earning close to 100k for probably 10 years.

Most EPL players would be multi millionaires at this stage.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 11:41am
The money in top level sport is sickening tbh.   Everyone is a greedy child.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 11:45am
If Henderson does go then he'll be letting a lot of people down. Went out of his way to be an ally to the LGBTQ+ community and then taking the money from a country where they are oppressed. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 11:59am
I'd wonder, if he decides to go, and given Liverpool's political values would they turn down asking for any transfer fee?
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 2:29pm
Immoral scumbags all.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:03pm
This is going to go down the same route as the Liv/PGA debacle
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:08pm
Can anyone see a way we avoid some sort of Saudi/UEFA/Top clubs having a super league to replace the Champions League in the next 10 years? Heading that way for sure
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

This is going to go down the same route as the Liv/PGA debacle

Looking that way. I'd say it represents an existential threat to the future of European club football as we know it.
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:27pm
I’m looking forward to choosing a new side to support! Saudi super league > European super league.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:55pm
Baggio rocking up with a Al Ittihad\City half and half jersey
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Looking that way. I'd say it represents an existential threat to the future of European club football as we know it.

The China and USA comparisons have been made, but this is very different. SA are actually using their financial muscle to build a product. Thanks to the weird modern loyalty fans have to players rather than clubs, and the mercenary nature of the modern game, this represents a real test to the existing leagues. And its not in the short term. Going forward, thanks to streaming services, and new marketing opportunities this could grow. I would find it amusing, only the source of funds and the reasoning for the move is nasty.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The China and USA comparisons have been made, but this is very different. SA are actually using their financial muscle to build a product. Thanks to the weird modern loyalty fans have to players rather than clubs, and the mercenary nature of the modern game, this represents a real test to the existing leagues. And its not in the short term. Going forward, thanks to streaming services, and new marketing opportunities this could grow. I would find it amusing, only the source of funds and the reasoning for the move is nasty.

And unlike the Chinese Super League which some have tried to compare it to, the Saudis arent going to go away. I would have no faith in FIFA and/or UEFA standing up to them either.
Idah Dream!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 4:27pm

And unlike the Chinese Super League which some have tried to compare it to, the Saudis arent going to go away. I would have no faith in FIFA and/or UEFA standing up to them either.

Agree. And players are simping in order to encourage moves. A cash grab if ever there was one, and a pension plan for any player late in their career. Unlike the ESL, I think there will eventually be open cooperation with some form of intercontinental trophy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic