You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 230>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

4 years since he broke his leg. Almost to the day. Time flies and all that.
I think it's sometimes forgotten what a massive loss that was to us at a key time. He was playing the best football of his life that year. Great to see him back performing at a good level, I think he's a great captain
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:43am
Coleman was the best player on the pitch by a mile last night. Has such a good football brain and certainly doesn't look his age. If only we had another 10 of him
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 10:55am
I am delighted to admit that I owe Sheamie an apology for suggesting that he was finished after his leg break. He struggled for a while after his return but is now playing like his old self. Long may it continue.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 31 Mar 2021 at 10:56am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I am delighted to admit that I owe Sheamie an apology for suggesting that he was finished after his leg break. He struggled for a while after his return but is now playing like his old self. Long may it continue.
There must be plenty fairly embarrassed by their remakes of Seamie on this thread over the last year or two especially. Time and time again he’s been put down, they have tried to replace him with Everton and Ireland but he’s still kept fought back and kept his place.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

There must be plenty fairly embarrassed by their remakes of Seamie on this thread over the last year or two especially. Time and time again he’s been put down, they have tried to replace him with Everton and Ireland but he’s still kept fought back and kept his place.

He could easily keep playing at a high level until he's 35/36. He may need to move on from Everton in the summer in search of regular 1st team football
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 4:11pm
Playing as part of a back three seems to suit him. He can drive forward into midfield like a libero, instead of being trapped on the wing.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Playing as part of a back three seems to suit him. He can drive forward into midfield like a libero, instead of being trapped on the wing.

agree, very happy we have finally tried him as RCB, looks great there
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:02pm
Seamus Coleman - 8

Rolled back the years. This was like watching a 25-year-old Seamus Coleman all over again. Got forward as much as possible but did not shirk defensive duties against Wilfried Zaha either. Fashioned a good chance for Richarlison with some superb footwork. Subbed.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-player-ratings-james-rodriguez-20325105

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
class act.
Wish we had ten of him

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:29pm
Fantastic assist for Sigurdsson's second goal.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:33pm
Coleman comes on and gets an assist with his second touch. He's still far and away our best player and can still do the business at the highest level

Looks like Everton are managing his game time carefully as he can't play games in a row.

Would be great if we could produce another of his quality 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 11:34pm
Hes really back on form in the last year or so. He defo dipped there for a few years but fair play to him hes back as good as ever nearly now. I did question him but hes proved any doubters like myself wrong.
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:43am
Another clean sheet but Everton's CL hopes are over, realistically speaking.

Seamus Coleman 5

Full of effort and endeavour but will reflect on an evening where his final ball let him down. Subbed with less than 20 minutes left.

Could make his 300th league appearance for Everton on the final day of the season if he plays in all the remaining games.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 5:23pm
Will miss the final game of the season so has to wait for his 300th league appearance.

Also doubtful for Andorra/Hungary.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:44pm
I thought he might be the Kevin Kilbane 2007 of the senior players and be the one who actually turns up for this get-together. But I'd say this knock will give Everton the cover they need to pull him out. To be fair he's getting on and, unlike a lot of our players, he has actually played a reasonable amount of top level football this season. So it might make sense anyway for him to sit this one out.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 1:05pm
Coleman ruled out which is a blow. Really needed his leadership skills at the back in the Andorra game. 

Doherty will fill in at right back which is an adequate replacement and good to see committed to the cause and playing in these games. If Coleman and Doherty were not there Im not sure 3rd choice is would be anything but makeshift.

Would like to see 

Kelleher 
Doherty oshea Egan Manning 
           Cullen Molumby
                   Knight 
          Idah collins parrott 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:59am
I wouldn't bother playing Doherty. Give Lee O'Connor a game. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Would like to see 

Kelleher 
Doherty oshea Egan Manning 
           Cullen Molumby
                   Knight 
          Idah collins parrott 

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I wouldn't bother playing Doherty. Give Lee O'Connor a game. 

I'd play both in a 3-4-1-2 and get rid of that stocking Collins. No need play him through the middle and pushing the other 2 wide just to accommodate him.

Kelleher
    O'Connor  O'Shea  Egan
Doherty  Cullen Molumby  Manning
                    Knight
                Idah   Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 230>
  Share Topic