You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RYDER CUP 2021 ....SORRY 2020 TM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RYDER CUP 2021 ....SORRY 2020 TM
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm
Really looking forward to this.

Once again on paper US have individually the better team but I think Europe seem to be united. 

Hoping Europe can win for Pádraig 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:15pm

Im not pushed about golf at all so explain this to me: why does it matter which team is united? They arent passing the ball to each other 
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Im not pushed about golf at all so explain this to me: why does it matter which team is united? They arent passing the ball to each other 

Because they play as pairs in four out of the five rounds. Playing with someone you're comfortable with and can bounce off is key especially in the foursomes imo. 

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Foursomes is pretty much passing the ball to each other, it’s alternate shots 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:59pm
As a ROW fan looking forward to this as a neutral.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:05pm
Day 1 Foursomes 

Match 1
Garcia/Rahm vs Thomas/Spieth
Match 2
 Casey/Hovland  vs Morikawa/Johnson
Match 3
Fitzpatrick /Westwood vs Koepka /Berger
Match 4
 McIlroy/Poulter vs  Cantlay/Schauffele

Some great match ups there

Match 1 is a cracker too hard to call I'd go for half
Match 2 has USA written all over it
Match 3 think that's another half but Koepka could swing it
Match 4 hopefully McIlroy and Poulter experience has enough to win Europe points for in this one

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Sep 2021 at 11:10pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:12pm
Liking Europe's suits Cool
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Day 1 Foursomes 

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Match 4 hopefully McIlroy and Poulter experience has enough to win Europe points for in this one

Hoping to see these four win tomorrow’s foursome’s!  JT/Spieth Casey/Hovland Brooks/Berger and Cantlay/Xander.

2-2 going into the fourballs.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Day 1 Foursomes 

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Hoping to see these four win tomorrow’s foursome’s!  JT/Spieth Casey/Hovland Brooks/Berger and Cantlay/Xander.

Yep, Garth Brooks representing us tomorrow will give his campaign to do 5 in a row in Croker a big boost.

Heading to this tomorrow and the weekend. I don’t know of any other sport where you’d be watching 12 (give or take) of the top 20 in their sport in an afternoon - majors ye but obviously you wouldn’t be watching their every shot if down the field. 

Regardless, can’t wait and an away Ryder cup always an event I wanted to be but this is the pinnacle for Irish golf with 2 of our greatest sportspeople ever involved. It may be a long time before it happens again.. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Day 1 Foursomes 

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Yep, Garth Brooks representing us tomorrow will give his campaign to do 5 in a row in Croker a big boost.

Heading to this tomorrow and the weekend. I don’t know of any other sport where you’d be watching 12 (give or take) of the top 20 in their sport in an afternoon - majors ye but obviously you wouldn’t be watching their every shot if down the field. 

Regardless, can’t wait and an away Ryder cup always an event I wanted to be but this is the pinnacle for Irish golf with 2 of our greatest sportspeople ever involved. It may be a long time before it happens again.. 

Enjoy Pipkin, hoping you packed the YBIG flag Wink
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 9:53am
I'm a big fan of the pod system being used. Last time the yanks properly used it they destroyed Europe at Valhalla. Can see a similar outcome here unfortunately. 
That line up the USA have out this morning is absolutely frightening.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:09am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm a big fan of the pod system being used. Last time the yanks properly used it they destroyed Europe at Valhalla. Can see a similar outcome here unfortunately. 
That line up the USA have out this morning is absolutely frightening.

There is massive Psychology in the opening pairing I always feel, I know golf is an individual sport and players should only concentrate on their own game but that first game between Spieth/Thomas and Rahm/Garcia could trickle down to that Johnson/Morikawa v Casey/Hovland.

Spieth and Thomas picked up 3 wins out of 4 in the last Ryder Cup so it's a good pairing for them  
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:16am

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Day 1 Foursomes 

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

Enjoy Pipkin, hoping you packed the YBIG flag Wink

Am hearing reports that a well known FAI security officer is waiting outside Whistling Straits for Pipkin and his flag!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:19am
I’m surprised Padraig picked Garcia for the foursomes! Expected Rahm to go out with someone who putts well. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 10:19am
As usual their team looks miles better, although maybe even more so than usual this year.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

As usual their team looks miles better, although maybe even more so than usual this year.
Incorrect.

Their players look better but are they a team ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:09pm
Poor opening shot by Garcia 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Incorrect.

Their players look better but are they a team ?

Ok well the replace 'team' with 'collection of players' from my original statement!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic