You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

rescheduled our Easter flights so it doesn't suit but I did notice when claiming a refund their time alteration is now +- 5 hours  - used to be 3 hours  not sure when it changed

Also did book something with Booking . com and they want money 3 weeks before you stay , now sure it was always 72 hours .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:33am

rescheduled our Easter flights so it doesn't suit but I did notice when claiming a refund their time alteration is now +- 5 hours  - used to be 3 hours  not sure when it changed

A 3 hour delay should entitle you to a refund.

It is worthwhile fighting your corner with the airline and not backing down/giving in. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

A 3 hour delay should entitle you to a refund.

It is worthwhile fighting your corner with the airline and not backing down/giving in. 

One of the flights is over 5 hours 13.30 to 19.15 so I don't think it will be an issue but surprised this wasn't more widely highlighted  - especially if the EU regs haven't changed

Edit  - your link doesn't mention rescheduled flights

Edited by Newryrep - 15 Feb 2021 at 12:16pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:56pm
Refund landed back in Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:09pm
Refund one cheque lodged today. Other two outstanding refunds, the last of which was approved yesterday, cheques on the way. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:43am
My flight from Sofia to Berlin was DAC schedule change and offered a full refund - which I applied for - I got a voucher which is due to expire soon, you can then apply for a refund but when I do it says "
  • Flight has not been cancelled or delayed > 3 hours
"
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My flight from Sofia to Berlin was DAC schedule change and offered a full refund - which I applied for - I got a voucher which is due to expire soon, you can then apply for a refund but when I do it says "
"

Yeah That’s my point think they have now upped it from 3 to 5 hours 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Refund one cheque lodged today. Other two outstanding refunds, the last of which was approved yesterday, cheques on the way. 
Refund cheque 2 arrived this morning...one to go.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:29am

"

Not sure but with Booking.com we acepted a voucher with a hotel and Booking have now washed their hands with us quoting " you acepted a voucher not our problem " as you can guess we are still working on it Angry
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

"

Not sure but with Booking.com we acepted a voucher with a hotel and Booking have now washed their hands with us quoting " you acepted a voucher not our problem " as you can guess we are still working on it Angry

voucher from the hotel ? or from Booking ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm

"

Contacted them via Twitter and they are organizing a refund.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

"

voucher from the hotel ? or from Booking ?
Now book with Booking but they said all we can give you is a voucher as we paid upfront so had to take it now the hotel may have gone to the wall as i said booking said you acepted a voucher not our problem sort it out with the hotel . Mrs Claret is dealing with charge back but was turned down six months ago and is trying again as the hotel looks to be gone .
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 11:00am
Was having issues getting my cash refunds instead of the vouchers kept getting error messages when trying to do it online. Spoke to them via twitter and was told have escalated my claims and should get refund soon so guess its back to playing the waiting game to see if I actually get the money this time 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:01pm
anybody changed flights lately ?

Have a flight booking that I don't need happy enough to change it to another flight but the other flight (different destination ) in the year is significantly cheaper  - will they give you a voucher for the difference ? likely to be circa 500 euro so significant enough 

would of just changed the dates but the revised dates are twice the what the original ones were and the original ones were pricey

(still waiting on a refund from Xmas thought its only 60 quid)

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
If you contact the Ryanair Twitter account they'll sort it. 

I was due a refund for nearly a year but they gave me a voucher and the after I contacted Ryanair Twitter - I got the refund within 10 days.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:33pm

I was due a refund for nearly a year but they gave me a voucher and the after I contacted Ryanair Twitter - I got the refund within 10 days.

the refund I know I will get at some stage it the changing flight bit is the worry  don't really want to join twitter but might have to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:39pm

Wouldn’t count on it! Have been going back and forward with them on Twitter for months looking a refund.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:13pm
Bit mad what happened in Belarusian airspace today forcing a flight from Athens to Vilinus to land at Minsk.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic