You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryanair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Ryanair Ah fck you Ryanair 

You’ve just been fckin pickpocketed BSM LOL
I know..and I haven’t even landedAngry
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 2:27pm
https://www.facebook.com/ryanair/videos/1808111492638990/

Should help clear up any questions about the new baggage policy

Edited by Gigibongi33 - 22 Sep 2018 at 2:30pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm
Anyone see the photo of the crew sleeping on the floor at the airport in Malaga due to storms at their destination in Portugal? Has to be a new low for Ryanair. They also claimed that every hotel (roughly 400 in Malaga city) were completely full in October and that they upgraded the crew to the VIP lounge, which has since been found to be also untrue.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Anyone see the photo of the crew sleeping on the floor at the airport in Malaga due to storms at their destination in Portugal? Has to be a new low for Ryanair. They also claimed that every hotel (roughly 400 in Malaga city) were completely full in October and that they upgraded the crew to the VIP lounge, which has since been found to be also untrue.

Poor form from O’Leary. In the photo that’s circulating it only appears to be Cabin Crew? 
Ryanair has done a lot to correct their image, new marketing strategy and in areas new management I believe. No matter how much your crew earn no one should sleep on a floor. More strikes and salary increases on the way one would expect.

Ryanair claiming the photo was faked...

http://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1052559295718539264
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Poor form from O’Leary. In the photo that’s circulating it only appears to be Cabin Crew? 
Ryanair has done a lot to correct their image, new marketing strategy and in areas new management I believe. No matter how much your crew earn no one should sleep on a floor. More strikes and salary increases on the way one would expect.

Claiming?! It was faked.

Those gombeens should be handed the Portuguese version of their P45s today. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Claiming?! It was faked.

Something wrong with my macbook as it won't play videos embedded in tweets, hence the use of the word "claiming".
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Claiming?! It was faked.

The video was faked, but if they were left on plastic chairs overnight with Ryanair claiming all hotels were fully booked in October can you really blame them for trying to raise attention? Also, Ryanair sharing the CCTV footage on twitter is completely illegal under the GDPR.
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:02pm
Was getting a flight with Ryanair from Lviv airport to Warsaw Modlin this morning at 09.35. had a flight then in Warsaw back to Dublin at 13.35 with Ryanair too. So get to airport at 8am, go through security, grab a water and sitting at gate at 08.30. So about 09.05 they say, they will begin boarding soon, plane isn't even at gate. 09.10 plane lands. Tannoy says for all priority customers to come forward. So people stream up and are cramped in a  stairwell immediately behindthegate as is the Ryanair way. SoI'm standing about 2metres to the side of the desk. Screen still says boarding in green, the flight attendants have the tape across the doors still as they clean and last of the passengers get off. So at 09.17  I walk the two metres to the desk and hand over my stuff to board. Passengers still all cramped on stairwell, boarding still on screen at gate, no announcement whatsoever after priority boarding one and guy says the flight is closed, you are late and we have deleted your names. A further 5 passengers who were all standing by the gate waiting for the queues to go down followed over and all hell breaks loose really. Gate staff said I must be at gate 30 mins before departure. I said I was there over one hour before departure. He says you must give documents 15mins before departure. I went the two metres from where I was to gate 18mins before scheduledd departure and 23 mins before actual departure. Having none of it. Had to pay 500 quid to get home today with Lufthansa. All because of some jobsworth in the airport, absolute nightmare. Complained to Ryanair and no joy even though I complied with all their regulations to getting on the flight. Have flown with 22 different airlines and with Ryanair too many times to remember and never have I encountered anything like it. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:05pm
Arseholes. Just wanted to avoid doing any more work, the t**sers.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:09pm
At one point one of the gate staff was on the phone and said ok ok, give me your boarding cards and mr.jobsworth then cuts across her and says no no, it's closed. Like I could see the people standing on the stairs metres away. Outrageous. 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:29pm
That's mad. I always do the same thing.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:42pm
f**king hell ...that bate all. Get on to a journo. That'll make front page news and may result in a refund.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

Was getting a flight with Ryanair from Lviv airport to Warsaw Modlin this morning at 09.35. had a flight then in Warsaw back to Dublin at 13.35 with Ryanair too. So get to airport at 8am, go through security, grab a water and sitting at gate at 08.30. So about 09.05 they say, they will begin boarding soon, plane isn't even at gate. 09.10 plane lands. Tannoy says for all priority customers to come forward. So people stream up and are cramped in a  stairwell immediately behindthegate as is the Ryanair way. SoI'm standing about 2metres to the side of the desk. Screen still says boarding in green, the flight attendants have the tape across the doors still as they clean and last of the passengers get off. So at 09.17  I walk the two metres to the desk and hand over my stuff to board. Passengers still all cramped on stairwell, boarding still on screen at gate, no announcement whatsoever after priority boarding one and guy says the flight is closed, you are late and we have deleted your names. A further 5 passengers who were all standing by the gate waiting for the queues to go down followed over and all hell breaks loose really. Gate staff said I must be at gate 30 mins before departure. I said I was there over one hour before departure. He says you must give documents 15mins before departure. I went the two metres from where I was to gate 18mins before scheduledd departure and 23 mins before actual departure. Having none of it. Had to pay 500 quid to get home today with Lufthansa. All because of some jobsworth in the airport, absolute nightmare. Complained to Ryanair and no joy even though I complied with all their regulations to getting on the flight. Have flown with 22 different airlines and with Ryanair too many times to remember and never have I encountered anything like it. 

Jaysus. 

At the same time as you were been shafted I was at the Ryanair Lotto ticket winner event in Dublin. Guido Wermbinder won €100,000, been the nice german lad, he had said he'd share it with his friend that was flying with him at the time. So she's gettting 50k.

In another ironic twist it was looking likely that I couldn't do that job at one stage so I was gonna ask you to do it. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Jaysus. 

At the same time as you were been shafted I was at the Ryanair Lotto ticket winner event in Dublin. Guido Wermbinder won €100,000, been the nice german lad, he had said he'd share it with his friend that was flying with him at the time. So she's gettting 50k.

In another ironic twist it was looking likely that I couldn't do that job at one stage so I was gonna ask you to do it. 

Further irony is that the Germans saved me, albeit for an extortionate amount of money. Had i had a job on, maybe i'd have gotten a flight the day before Confused I'm still going to fight time tooth and nail on it.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:44pm
has anyone used them with the non boarding pass option and used a bigger bag but had very little in it? If I bring a school bag, but don't have much in it and it would squash up to the right size would that work? 

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 10 Mar 2019 at 9:45pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 10:25pm
“School” bag is fine.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

has anyone used them with the non boarding pass option and used a bigger bag but had very little in it? If I bring a school bag, but don't have much in it and it would squash up to the right size would that work? 

ya as long as it fits into bag checker you're grand. they've been strict-ish enough with the new rules with bags that are oversized. have seen a few people stung since january at the gate but at least it's only a 20 euro fine.

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Mar 2019 at 8:52am
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 8:50am
Ryanair have a heap of 737-MAX aircraft on order. I wonder what’s going to happen there. I know Boeing will get to the bottom of it (looks like it could be an issue with airspeed sensors) but until they do, some customers will be jittery. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic