You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Turdbridy/RTÉ Scandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Good guy Ryan Clap

Just as i suspected. Tubridy has nothing to answer for here. Great opening statement.

I missed the start of this. How did he explain not questioning the fact that RTE reported figures for his pay that was lower than he recevied?

He apologised for it as poor judgement. 

Beyond that I honestly don't think he's done an awful lot wrong. He was nearly apologising at one point for taking the Renault money when others were taking pay cuts during COVID. To be honest that's bollocks, if anyone else in that room or any of us were offered a decent side gig that was fully legal etc. we'd take it and wouldn't have given it a second thought. Why should he have been any different?

Probably his other mistake was being too loyal and delegating towards his agent though. It does seem unlikely that Kelly is a completely innocent party in all of this as he claims he is, there was a lot of waffle and spin in his answers. Tubs though is probably a victim here at this point more than anything though.

Some of the committee members were absolutely pathetic as well. Imelda Munster had an absolute disaster, wouldn't let either of them answer a question during her 15 minutes - which meant her stint was a complete waste of time and she just ended up making herself look like an idiot.

And then that gombeen Stanley who is somehow the chair asking Kelly what he sold for Cadburys! WTF does he think he sold for them like? Absolutely brain-dead stuff, god help us if Sinn Fein ever get into government based on what I've seen of those two.

Edited by You Tell Me - 11 Jul 2023 at 2:36pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 2:36pm
Kelly has blamed RTE on everything and refused to accept any responsibility. 

Alan Kelly calls him out on this and basically calls him corrupt - there is no corporate governance within his company. 
Invoices coming into one company going out the other company without any acceptable explanation. 

Tuberidy pleading ignorance and trying to play the sympathy card and saying he leaves everything to his agent, then evades questions about how Kelly is representing him. He then takes a pay cut of 75k and then gets 75k from Renault.

Invoices paid with instructions to have no names on it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Good guy Ryan Clap

Just as i suspected. Tubridy has nothing to answer for here. Great opening statement.

I missed the start of this. How did he explain not questioning the fact that RTE reported figures for his pay that was lower than he recevied?

He apologised for it as poor judgement. 

Beyond that I honestly don't think he's done an awful lot wrong. He was nearly apologising at one point for taking the Renault money when others were taking pay cuts during COVID. To be honest that's bollocks, if anyone else in that room or any of us were offered a decent side gig that was fully legal etc. we'd take it and wouldn't have given it a second thought. Why should he have been any different?

Probably his other mistake was being too loyal and delegating towards his agent though. It does seem unlikely that Kelly is a completely innocent party in all of this as he claims he is, there was a lot of waffle and spin in his answers. Tubs though is probably a victim here at this point more than anything though.

Some of the committee members were absolutely pathetic as well. Imelda Munster had an absolute disaster, wouldn't let either of them answer a question during her 15 minutes - which meant her stint was a complete waste of time and she just ended up making herself look like an idiot.

And then that gombeen Stanley who is somehow the chair asking Kelly what he sold for Cadburys! WTF does he think he sold for them like? Absolutely brain-dead stuff, god help us if Sinn Fein ever get into government based on what I've seen of those two.

Absolutely pointless stuff this afternoon. Alan Dillon going over stuff that they have already answered. It's basically the same questions to see if they can come up with something. This stuff was covered this morning.
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 3:46pm
Come up with something? Wacko

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 4:07pm
Dillon was poor alright, seemed to have his facts wrong. The lad Fitzpatrick from Louth was on another level though, absolutely humiliated himself there, hadn't a clue. 

There at least seemed to be some decent questions this morning, but they've sent out the idiot brigade this afternoon.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Dillon was poor alright, seemed to have his facts wrong. The lad Fitzpatrick from Louth was on another level though, absolutely humiliated himself there, hadn't a clue. 

There at least seemed to be some decent questions this morning, but they've sent out the idiot brigade this afternoon.

Agree
I love beer gardens
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 4:33pm
Not much coming out of today really, RTE are the crooks in this story, not Tubridy IMO.

He's too comfortable on TV to be embarassed into saying anything here unlike some of the Committee witnesses that have been on before
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 4:36pm
Tubs was a proper pro from what I caught. The elected members were often making a fool of themselves with their line of questioning. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 5:14pm
Mattie McGrath on now just to complete the farce.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 5:40pm
Saw a few mins this morning and saw the last 30 mins now on Virgin.   Tubridy seems genuine.  His agent however seems a bit evasive to me.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2023 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Not much coming out of today really, RTE are the crooks in this story, not Tubridy IMO.

He's too comfortable on TV to be embarassed into saying anything here unlike some of the Committee witnesses that have been on before

Exactly. The cameras, the questioning, it wont phase him. He's well used to it. Not his first rodeo. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 5:15am
It also helps him that he’s had a long time to prepare for through PR coaching, unlike the board who were up in front of PAC fairly quickly. You can see that in the differences between their answers. Tubridy’s are full of hubris and evasion, spouting enough nonsense to deflect from the question asked. The board dug more holes for themselves by either trying to dodge questions or not having the info prepared.

Tubridy playing straight from the JD playbook.

Edited by The Huntacha - 12 Jul 2023 at 5:15am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 8:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It also helps him that he’s had a long time to prepare for through PR coaching, unlike the board who were up in front of PAC fairly quickly. You can see that in the differences between their answers. Tubridy’s are full of hubris and evasion, spouting enough nonsense to deflect from the question asked. The board dug more holes for themselves by either trying to dodge questions or not having the info prepared.

Tubridy playing straight from the JD playbook.

Nah JD just pointed to his opening statement where he said due to legal advice he cannot answer most questions.

In fairness to Turbidy, I do think he was genuine. He took a separate contract for additional services. Now potential his agent might have taken part in some practices that were questionable (like what to out on the invoice). But I doubt Turbidy got into the nitty gritty details of invoicing layouts from his agency to RTE
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 8:40am
Claiming ignorance is not an excuse, he is a contractor and a company director of his own company, he has to take responsibility for this own affairs. 

He would have known full well what was going on at all times. However, his agent and RTE are more at fault.

The whole thing stinks if you ask me.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:13am
He was paid to a separate account in the uk for work he never completed for a company he never heard of with a blank invoice sent to his agents other company. 
Claiming innocence is laughable LOL
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:38am
The Ginger Lad seemed to do very well. Rattled the agent
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:45am
Where was Michael Healy Rea in all of this?

Edited by ripbomb - 12 Jul 2023 at 9:45am
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 9:51am
It would have been helpful if the questions werent being asked by a bunch of complete morons.

Imagine if someone with a brain cell asked a few, instead of whatever the absolute fcuk that idiot Mattie McGrath was on about.

He's up to his neck in it, just need somebody with intelligence to make him squirm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic