You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Manning (QPR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
Linked with a move to Celtic. Personally think he should stay in the Championship for another year or two. 
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:41pm
Has also been linked with Palace in the local press.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Has also been linked with Palace in the local press.

A better move than Celtic. But I’d still like him to stay at QPR. At 21 years of age, next season is vital for his career. 

If he can nail down a starting place, and get himself a few more goals, I could see him playing for a decent Premier League team. I.e A Burnley or an Everton in the not too distant future.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 8:55pm
Yep agree stay where he is for now . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Gallowgate 67 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gallowgate 67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:15am
Celtic would be a good move for him.chance to get first team football under a good manager like Rogers ..champions League football.

Whats not to like!Fe years up there and he could get a big move like many other Celtic players have got in the recent past!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:17am

I'm not averse to the idea of some of our Championship contingent signing for Celtic on the basis that they aren't defenders. Rodgers does good work with attacking players in fairness to him. 
El Puto Amo
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm not averse to the idea of some of our Championship contingent signing for Celtic on the basis that they aren't defenders. Rodgers does good work with attacking players in fairness to him. 

Funnily enough, it’s the defenders and goalkeepers who previously played for Celtic who have gone on to greater things in the past few years. Forster and Van Dijk spring to mind.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Funnily enough, it’s the defenders and goalkeepers who previously played for Celtic who have gone on to greater things in the past few years. Forster and Van Dijk spring to mind.

Yeah but they were there long before Rodgers was in charge.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Gallowgate 67 Gallowgate 67 wrote:

Celtic would be a good move for him.chance to get first team football under a good manager like Rogers ..champions League football.

Whats not to like!Fe years up there and he could get a big move like many other Celtic players have got in the recent past!

Disagree, standard is atrocious. What will he learn from pumping weak sides every weekend in the league? and then the opposite in the Champions League, getting pumped every game?

Better off in the Championship.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Forster has regressed big time and is now a liability and can't get a game

Edited by thebronze14 - 19 Apr 2018 at 3:14pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 3:21pm
I always thought Forster was overrated at Celtic, for a fella that tall he has always been desperate with crosses.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Doubt Rodgers will be at Celtic next season.
Based on what?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

That job has a shelf life....he has done very well and I'd be amazed if he doesn't leave in the summer. He has done all be can with Celtic.
  This is only his second season at Celtic! Got a feeling he will be sticking around for ten in a row.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:27pm
Rodgers or Manning? LOL

Edited by The Huntacha - 19 Apr 2018 at 10:28pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:00pm
Joins Rotherham on a season long loan. 

I think this is a good move, he should play every week and isn’t dropping down a division. 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:08pm
Prob for the best, at least it's still championship level.

Saw him play for them the season before last and he was by far the best player on the pitch (away to PNE), shame he didn't kick on from there, although not sure he was given the chance.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
Definitely for the best he won't be working with McClaren
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Prob for the best, at least it's still championship level.

Saw him play for them the season before last and he was by far the best player on the pitch (away to PNE), shame he didn't kick on from there, although not sure he was given the chance.

He’ll easily play senior football for us from what I’ve seen. He’s a talented lad and still very young. 

I think he’s a confidence player and there doesn’t seem to be much faith in him at QPR at the moment. 

With that being said Rotherham aren’t exactly that stable either. A lot of QPR fans on twitter are questioning why they are loaning a talented player to a relegation rival. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic