You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 180>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 9:50am
Update 28-7-22
Appreciate where the lads are coming from re UK Intelligence and the North however in this instance many media agencies are happy to take the daily updates on Ukraine war. 

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 12:14pm
I see RT’s EU ban has been upheld. Out of sheer curiosity, I’d be interested to know which western politicians/journalists/commentators still appear or contribute.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I see RT’s EU ban has been upheld. Out of sheer curiosity, I’d be interested to know which western politicians/journalists/commentators still appear or contribute.

RT went to sh*te once the Viper Higgins left itLOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 12:53pm
Videos going around of Russian soldier's castrating Ukrainian POW's. Also rumour that the Russians shelled their prison in Donetsk to cover up the torture of Ukrainian POW's. At least 40 killed. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Videos going around of Russian soldier's castrating Ukrainian POW's. Also rumour that the Russians shelled their prison in Donetsk to cover up the torture of Ukrainian POW's. At least 40 killed. 

it seems the russians have stepped up their barbarity a few notches. the castrated ukrainian pow was subsequently shot in the head. osint volunteers have since discovered the identity of the animal who perpetrated the war crime - i hope the f**ker is caught and ends up in a ukrainian prison for the rest of his life. 

it's only the tip of the iceberg mind you. the americans earlier today said in a briefing that the russians are operating 18 filtration camps where executions are being committed. then you have grotesque crime which happened last night at the ukrainian pow camp shelled by russian wagner mercenaries - i accidentally played a clip earlier showing bunk beds of charred bodies - sick as f**k.

these bastards not only need to be stopped but hunted down so they face justice.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:32pm
' the Americans said'  you for real? Hopefully  the piers Morgan interview  and the vogue photoshoot have calmed things down for you Tory boy
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

' the Americans said'  you for real? Hopefully  the piers Morgan interview  and the vogue photoshoot have calmed things down for you Tory boy

Why the hate? What has gone so wrong in your life that you feel need to spew such bile? Seek some help.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:43am
You're cheerleading a war , Russia  been  encircled by Nato, No peace talks, no  negotiations,  no envoys,  nothing,  yet all you can talk about  is constant  militarization of the conflict
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 7:24am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

RT went to sh*te once the Viper Higgins left itLOL

LOLLOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 7:49am

You're cheerleading a war , Russia  been  encircled by Nato, No peace talks, no  negotiations,  no envoys,  nothing,  yet all you can talk about  is constant  militarization of the conflict

russias invasion of ukraine has nothing to do with nato, that's a red herring. the russians including putin himself have said this is an imperial conquest of ukraine. in short they want to see the remake of the soviet union, they have said it as recently as this week. ergo you cannot make peace with a regime hell bent on subjugating and ultimately destroying another people which is exactly russias stated goal. how do we know this? again they have said it loud and clear that they don't recognise ukrainians as a separate ethnic group nor is ukrainian a distinct language.

so to sum up I am not a war monger, far from it BUT in this instance the only solution to this conflict is for the west, and I include Ireland in this, to arm ukraine with the necessary tools to defeat russia in the battlefield, because if they fail russia will regroup and come again destabilising the whole of europe. we should listen to our european friends in the east, the finn's, estonians, latvians, lithuanians and poles all of whom know exactly the brutality russia can inflict on a nation which is why they are the greatest supporters of ukraine. they know if ukraine falls russia will turn it's menacing attention to them next.

the future prosperity and peace of the current and future generations of europeans including irish (the russians don't give a rat's ass about our neutrality - we are seen as the enemy to them) rests on a ukrainian victory. 
More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:07pm

Also: "Manuela Riedo tried to fight back against her attacker, therefore she was violent, her presence threatened Gerald Barry who had no choice but to murder her, he should be applauded for doing so. Those who sympathise with the violent thug Manuela Riedo are scum."
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:37pm
The railway bridge over the river at Kherson was hit last night and now trains can't cross. I'm assuming the Dam is still usable? Apart from that it's just pontoon bridges and ferries which should be easy to knock out of action. Apparently the Russian installed officials in the city have left. Ukraine has only made very small gains on the frontlines but if Russian logistics are hampered while the Ukrainian side only gets stronger it's surely only a matter of week's or months until we see a breakthrough. 

The Ukrainians might be happy to not quickly take back the city if it makes the Russian army pay and divert a lot of man power to try hold the region. If they do take the city back I find it hard to see them making much more progress for a long time. Maybe they'll focus on the frontline towards Melitopol. They're on the outskirts of Donetsk also so that's a possibility. In the Donbass the best I could see is they push the Russians who've crossed the river back to izyum. 

In other news the pentagon is in the process of purchasing very advanced missile defense systems for Ukraine. Bradly needed to reduce the number of Long range Russian missile strikes.

Long way to go yet but at least the momentum continues to slowly shift.

Edited by eireland - 30 Jul 2022 at 2:05pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:45am
Russia moving huge amounts of troops from the Donbass to defend Kherson. They will be far more exposed down there. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:13am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 2:41pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Russia invading Ukraine endangers civilians.

Noteworthy. 

Are Amnesty some kind of Putin loving kremlinbots?
More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 8:45pm

Noteworthy. 

Yes it would appear so given they didn't even consult the Ukrainian branch of their organisation. 

You couldn't get a better example of western privilege. Shure I mean what would the people who are suffering the brunt of the Russian invasion know. 

Only trust Russian propaganda and its western useful idiots.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 12:10pm

Noteworthy. 

Nope. I never said I disagreed with amnesty either although I never read their report. I do agree that some of the Ukrainian army tactics endanger civilians but their entire existence is a stake. They'll do anything to survive..the blame always lies with the aggressor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 180>
  Share Topic