You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 142>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Weird one. Prigozhin seems to have been hopelessly naive throughout this on the face of it. Once he started his march towards Moscow and then didn't see it through, pretty much everyone else knew he was a dead man walking. But he seemed to genuinely think he had negotiated a deal with Putin.

Which opens up the possibility that he's not naive at all, that this has been staged and he wasn't actually on the plane. But why would Putin bother with that when he could just have him killed? I'd lean marginally towards Prigozhin just being an absolute idiot here to be honest.
Well said. The only reason Putin would stage this killing would be if he was on Putin's side all along and staged the march on Moscow to weed out who was loyal to Putin and who wasn't in the military. So now he'll under go all sorts of treatments to change his identity and live his life out peacefully on some yacht or villa somewhere.

But I'm siding with the he was an idiot theory aswell. I'm just glad he's gone so all those idiots who idolised him can't anymore.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Weird one. Prigozhin seems to have been hopelessly naive throughout this on the face of it. Once he started his march towards Moscow and then didn't see it through, pretty much everyone else knew he was a dead man walking. But he seemed to genuinely think he had negotiated a deal with Putin.

Which opens up the possibility that he's not naive at all, that this has been staged and he wasn't actually on the plane. But why would Putin bother with that when he could just have him killed? I'd lean marginally towards Prigozhin just being an absolute idiot here to be honest.
Well said. The only reason Putin would stage this killing would be if he was on Putin's side all along and staged the march on Moscow to weed out who was loyal to Putin and who wasn't in the military. So now he'll under go all sorts of treatments to change his identity and live his life out peacefully on some yacht or villa somewhere.

But I'm siding with the he was an idiot theory aswell. I'm just glad he's gone so all those idiots who idolised him can't anymore.

Not into conspiracy theories but this would actually be a very clever ruse to carry out if you wanted to root out any disloyal military leaders. 

I think he probably had him killed. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 2:12pm
It would damage this forums' reputation
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 10:34am
Russian have been launching massive waves of attacks the last few weeks and have been suffering casualties both armour and personnel. Why are they starting these crazy attacks now when the weather is turning to sh*t? Surely would have made more sense over the summer. 

Looks like they've made slight gains in the East beside Bakhmut and Donetsk (Avdiivka). 

Ukraine have been expanding their attacks over the river at Kherson and for the first time could be making serious gains. The area they are attacking is protected by two sides from the river and on the other side the the huge sand dune national park. Russia can't send armour in to reinforce because they get taken out by artillery or drones. And their artillery is losing the counter battery battle. 

This conflict has been getting very little attention lately despite Russia suffering possibly their highest weekly casualties since the opening days of the war. Hopefully Ukraine can withstand the assaults in the East and gain decent foothold across the river at Kherson. So far all previous attempts ultimately sizzled out and they retreated back to the swamps.

Edited by eireland - 15 Nov 2023 at 10:35am
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 1:55pm

Russian have been launching massive waves of attacks the last few weeks and have been suffering casualties both armour and personnel. Why are they starting these crazy attacks now when the weather is turning to sh*t? Surely would have made more sense over the summer. 

Looks like they've made slight gains in the East beside Bakhmut and Donetsk (Avdiivka). 

Ukraine have been expanding their attacks over the river at Kherson and for the first time could be making serious gains. The area they are attacking is protected by two sides from the river and on the other side the the huge sand dune national park. Russia can't send armour in to reinforce because they get taken out by artillery or drones. And their artillery is losing the counter battery battle. 

This conflict has been getting very little attention lately despite Russia suffering possibly their highest weekly casualties since the opening days of the war. Hopefully Ukraine can withstand the assaults in the East and gain decent foothold across the river at Kherson. So far all previous attempts ultimately sizzled out and they retreated back to the swamps.

Any day now Ukraine will have won this war, keep the faith. 

I had a google to see if I could find any reports even from biased western media about this claim of Russia suffering highest weekly casualties and found nothing recent. I assume you have a reliable source?

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Any day now Ukraine will have won this war, keep the faith. 

I had a google to see if I could find any reports even from biased western media about this claim of Russia suffering highest weekly casualties and found nothing recent. I assume you have a reliable source?

Reports from the Ukrainian military and accounts that track equipment losses but I follow telegram channels on both sides that publish losses for the other side and I've never seen so many dead Russians scattered over the battlefield. 

It's really lifted my mood lately. Ukraine are far better at defending and Russia far worse at attacking. This war could last 5 year's easily if Putin wants it too. He could easily sacrifice 2 million Russians and still won't take Ukraine. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 10:27am
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 11:01am
315,000 troops? How many do they have? That seems like an insane number. What are the Ukraine losses?
Here we go again
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 11:10am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

315,000 troops? How many do they have? That seems like an insane number. What are the Ukraine losses?

Over 5000 tanks , goodness what a loss .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Realistically a country like Russia could easily minimise and lose another couple of million. But everyman lost is one less to help run the economy. Considering how expensive imports are these day's they need all the manpower they can get to be self sufficient. 

If this war lasts another 2 years it's going to look pretty bad for Russia especially now Ukraine mow them down with cluster munitions. They'll be driving around mainly T-65 and T-55 tanks by then.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 4:09pm

Realistically a country like Russia could easily minimise and lose another couple of million. 
Just the entire military and then some then? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2023 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Realistically a country like Russia could easily minimise and lose another couple of million. 
Just the entire military and then some then? 
I'm not sure of the number although there's number's out there but their military currently comprises of hundreds of thousands active soldiers. There's talk of Russia conscripting 20k men a month. Currently there losing more then then that but most months that's sufficient to keep going. If things keep going to sh*t they'll have to announce another mass mobilisation. 

Analysts are suggesting Putin is hoping to delay this until after the "election" to avoid this PR nightmare before.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 2:59am
Eye opening report on Avdiivka where Russia are suffering huge losses I their attempt to breakthrough and give Putin a PR victory. It's crazy that one of the biggest battles since WW2 is taking place and most of Europe doesn't even know it. Not taking a dig at the GAZA conflict even before October this war was well off the front page.

https://youtu.be/79elE8WE2Ug?si=ZjG02OqYci8aRqDy

Poland and Finland locking down their border with Russia and Belarus after Russia decided to use illegal immigration to destabilise. Now the Baltics are following suit. As they say themselves men from Somalia probably didn't come up with this Idea themselves. 

Funny how this tactic is spreading as the cold nights approach for maximum effect.

Edited by eireland - 18 Nov 2023 at 5:20am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 6:25pm
Sorry to harp on about it but here's what militarizing immigrants looks like. Freezing their bollox off at a border crossing the Russians told them would be no problem crossing. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:06pm
https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1726713618639782047?t=VGYjR8FkAsya-X8XnT2odg&s=19

Look at the shockwave from this Russian glide bomb dropped 3KM away from the Russian trench. These bombs can carry an enormous payload and are the biggest threat to Ukraine all year. The only counter to this is F16's or sending enough patriot battery's that Ukraine could move one into a forward position. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 10:10pm
What'd you think of match, Rambo?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 12:21am
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1727394083566752192?t=oc7F37d6bU1r9qdbZ61MTQ&s=19

Finland has closed every border crossing with Russia except 1 which is 1,200km North of Helsinki. If Russia keep sending a load of Africans and Middle Easterners to cross up there they'll end up freezing to death. How do they fool these migrant's into these situations or do they pay them to come? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 6:09pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67555626

Finland have now fully closed their border with Russia after the latest surge in migrants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 142>
  Share Topic