You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I've been running with this on lately - https://www.amazon.co.uk/RDX-Neoprene-Slimming-Exercise-Training/dp/B010ASJL5G

The stories of losing 5-6lbs of water weight per session is true but you're not buying neoprene for the water weight, when you're running your body overheats and effectively turns into a sauna thus gaining the benefits from that - Detoxification and anti inflammtion. 

Any more than 10km running with it on is dangerous however, it's very easy to become dehydrated

FFS Embarrassed
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 10:42am
I’m not sure what’s hard to understand.

Why else would you use a sauna if you’re not draining out the excess water retention LOLEmbarrassed
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 11:49am

Why else would you use a sauna if you’re not draining out the excess water retention LOLEmbarrassed

It's the fact that I do understand is what was making me laugh.
"Detoxing" this way is bullsh*t quackery. Your kidneys and liver are your body’s best detoxifiers. Sweating only releases traces of what these people called toxins. Show me a peer reviewed journal showing how these detox your body?

Interestingly, the NCAA in the states banned these sauna suits after some wrestlers died trying to cut weight for a tournament.

IG @flanno_7hi
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Show me a peer reviewed journal showing how these detox your body?

Interestingly, the NCAA in the states banned these sauna suits after some wrestlers died trying to cut weight for a tournament.

When you're chugging 3000-4000 calories daily it's easy to have a large amount of water retention said suit literally cleanses the liver and kidney of the burden and literally pisses it all out.

I did put a disclaimer of don't go any further of running 10km if you're gonna wear one of those, they're absolutely brutal but they do work if you're going to be reasonable with it. I limit myself to 7km runs, chug a pint of water then jump straight into bed. Woke up this morning feeling extremely fresh.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:19pm

When you're chugging 3000-4000 calories daily it's easy to have a large amount of water retention said suit literally cleanses the liver and kidney of the burden and literally pisses it all out.

I did put a disclaimer of don't go any further of running 10km if you're gonna wear one of those, they're absolutely brutal but they do work if you're going to be reasonable with it. I limit myself to 7km runs, chug a pint of water then jump straight into bed. Woke up this morning feeling extremely fresh.

Does it? Throw up a link to a paper I can read about it.
IG @flanno_7hi
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm

I'd focus less on water retention and more on the fact that someone is eating 3-4k calories a day if they're trying to lose weight.

Losing "water weight" is a temporary measure that is not sustainable in the long-term.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm
Yes. Why do you think people involved in combat sports wear them? Other than the extremely dangerous water weight cutting.

It's not to look cool put it that way cos you don't wearing a rubber onesie.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:37pm
But why not just do a sauna separately? Even sticking to your limit of 10k with the suit on, it would be far more beneficial to train without the suit on and do a sauna separately, than running (no pun intended) the risk of severe dehydration.

Just to be clear, I'm taking about the general public, of which we all are here. Fighters have obviously different reasons as some of them are trying to lose ridiculous amounts of weight all to just make a weight limit for the 5-10 seconds they're on the scale.

Edited by The Huntacha - 17 Jun 2020 at 12:39pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'd focus less on water retention and more on the fact that someone is eating 3-4k calories a day if they're trying to lose weight.

Losing "water weight" is a temporary measure that is not sustainable in the long-term.

I wear it for the anti inflammatory effects it gives! It's absolutely amazing on the shoulders and legs.
That and I eat 5 times a day so I do tend to retain alot of water also.

Sauna's arent really a viable option for the foreseeable future so it's pretty much the next best thing.

Edited by coyne - 17 Jun 2020 at 12:40pm
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:12pm
14.2km under the belt today, time of 1hr:26m wasn't too good but at least I'm out and about moving again
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:00pm
Went for a run to compare pre-lockdown times and now post-lockdown times.

Over 3 minutes 30 seconds difference. Turns out lockdown is pretty good for your cardio! 

Can't wait to hit the treadmills again however, much easier on the knees.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
So I've signed up for the "virtual" Dublin marathon.

With no bike racing I've been doing a lot more running than normal so figured this was as good a chance as any to do it. Doing it with 2 mates who have 16 marathons between them, so that will be interesting.

It's in 3 months, most I've ever run it 1 25km, 1 half marathon, both this year, and 2 20k mountain runs in the last 2 years.

Pretty much every other run I've done has been no more than 10k

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:38pm
I've signed up as well. Think the plan is to do the actual route on the day. I haven't done much at all over the last month so will be a hard 3 & 1/2 months training. Not a hope of beating my previous time given traffic and no water stations so I think we'll be stopping every 10k for water at a shop.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 2:07pm
One of out mates has said he would do support on a bike if needed, we have to come up with a route though.

I'm not familiar with the marathon route but would you not try and avoid the city?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 2:37pm
we're going to get caught with traffic no matter where we try to do the distance. Once we get out of the city centre and up towards the phoenix park we should be ok. Being a bank holiday weekend traffic should be light enough anyway. Only talking about it over lunch and plan is to stop in Castleknock, Doplhins Barn/Walkinston, Miltown and then finish at Merrion square. Then to the pub. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:44pm
Was that you I seen horsebox out powerwalking earlier around airfield  foxhill area
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Was that you I seen horsebox out powerwalking earlier around airfield  foxhill area

I regularly see him on that stretch alright 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Went for a run around the Millbrook field about 5:30.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic