Running marathon for Jack @ Jill Foundation

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running marathon for Jack @ Jill Foundation
    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:05pm
First of all, massive thanks to all the YBIGers who have already donated. 
Overwhelmed by the reaction. 

Just under a year ago, Samuel came into the world. A few days later the genetics results delivered news that left the body cold and emotions dumb. 
"He won't walk, talk or communicate.  It's unlikely he will be aware who you are."
Samuel was born with a complex chromosome problem that has left him with profound physical and mental disabilities, including a serious heart problem and epileptic seizures.
So on Sunday, October 27, I am going to go for a little gallop around Dublin for just over 26 miles.
All donations are very much appreciated and will go to the Jack and Jill Foundation who offer respite care and great support for families in similar circumstances.
Please help me help them by giving whatever you can using the 'Give Now' button. The more people that know about Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation, the greater their impact, so please also spread the word by sharing my page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot.

Edited by The GerK - 17 Oct 2019 at 10:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019 at 10:37pm
Best of luck with this great cause bud.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:11am
Sorry to hear about your sons health Gerk, good luck with the marathon and fund raising. I've thrown in a few quid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 9:28am
Best of luck with everything Gerk Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 3:47pm
Good luck Ger, I'll be on the bike supporting on the day as my missus is running. Will be sure to give you plenty of abuse.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 8:24pm
Cheers lads.

You not running CR ya lazy bollox?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 12:25pm
Good Luck Ger Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 9:33am
Met a YBIGer at the start line. By pure coincidence, we crossed paths again at around 24 miles. At that moment I was bent over trying to drum up the energy for the final two, agonising miles. 
He passed me and reminded me why I was running and it was enough encouragement to get the legs motoring again. 
Told him to run ahead and not worry about me and that I was grand. 
Saw him again a few hundred yards from the line and we finished together. 
YBIG Clap

Thanks to all for the donations. Huge number of Ireland fans chipped in to raise 13,079 - the highest amount raised in this year's race Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 9:44am

Met a YBIGer at the start line. By pure coincidence, we crossed paths again at around 24 miles. At that moment I was bent over trying to drum up the energy for the final two, agonising miles. 
He passed me and reminded me why I was running and it was enough encouragement to get the legs motoring again. 
Told him to run ahead and not worry about me and that I was grand. 
Saw him again a few hundred yards from the line and we finished together. 
YBIG Clap

Thanks to all for the donations. Huge number of Ireland fans chipped in to raise 13,079 - the highest amount raised in this year's race Clap

Excellent stuff
 Cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 10:10am

Cheers lads.

You not running CR ya lazy bollox?

Well done Ger, was out on the course supporting the wife this year as opposed to running. Fair play on getting around

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm
There's a good piece about the Dublin marathon in last Sunday's Irish Independent by Eamonn Sweeney. Not sure if it was online I just read the paper version.

Edited by Double Maxim - 29 Oct 2019 at 1:39pm