You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:49am
Cheats
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:50am
hook compares the earthquake in christchurch to the "affect it would have on irish people if cork was destroyed" - the vast majority would be delighted if that happened here LOL
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Pablo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:55am
What a brillant match French were class very unlucky well done to New Zealand Clap
Euro 2012
johnnycee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:01am
Talk about falling over the line, how and ever remember November 09, well done ABs!

Wherever theres a kiwi there won't be a safe sheep tonight!
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

hook compares the earthquake in christchurch to the "affect it would have on irish people if cork was destroyed" - the vast majority would be delighted if that happened here LOL

Stephen Ireland, Roy Keane, Jack Lynch,  Sonia O Sullivan, Barrys Tea, Mary Kingston, Terrence,

Your boys took one hell of a beating :)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 5:36am
dont forget eddie hobbs
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:13pm

Interesting looks like from this that Donald may have missed NZ's match winning peno

Could be the camera angle but it looks like it went to the right of the post Shocked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:18pm
definatley looks like the ball went wide of the post in that video

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 4:23pm
Was thinking that myself watching it earlier but looked like donald was celebrating before it reached the post so didnt take much notice.
Edit- had it recorded on my tv and it was defo over.

Edited by farfar - 23 Oct 2011 at 5:35pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:01am
Hugely underwhelming. Well done NZ, scraped home in the end with the ref's help. Ermm

One of the things that's always annoyed me about rugby is how easy it is to kill off a game. That match looked to be set up for a quality last five minutes, but instead the ABs just won possession and then kept recycling it through the forwards. Really poor stuff from a spectators point of view.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

agree, they were terrible odds on the all blacks going into this game, seen 1/9 and 1/10 for them, france know how to beat them (despite getting hammered by them a few months ago) and with the pressure on the all blacks it was always going to be tough

got france at 6/1 last night which was crazy

They were 1/12 in my local bookies on Saturday and I said to this lad from St. Mary's , was it worth a punt on France and he looked at me as if I was the village idiot with too much cash in my pocket.

I stuck a sneaky few bob on France at 7:1 and also took a covering +9 bet on them. I'm not sure what odds that was, but I'll be collecting later.

Poor enough final as RWC finals often are, but absorbing nonetheless.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 1:48pm
Reading the examiner today, one of the pundits (think it was Murray Kidd) was calling for a further expansion of the RWC. Maybe he wrote the article in a state of drunkeness or euphoria, or maybe even the 2, but is the fella nuts???.

Wasn't a particularly good tournament, very few of the minnows got anything but the expected hammerings, and now this lad is calling for even more cannon fodder?? As for the rest of it, Ireland played exceptionally well Vs Oz, but when you look at the influence Pocock had for Oz Vs Springboks, you start wondering if we would have beaten them had he been fit. Wales were generally good, and pity we will be seeing the end of Shane Williams, a genuine exciting player for his entire career. France stumbled in to the final, and could easily have won it, but it doesnt say much for the game that the traditionally 2 most exciting teams from each hemisphere, and noted for the quality of their backplay, could produce 4 scores between them, with the sole try coming from the speedy winger, Tony Woodcock.

Dont know what the solution is, I'm not even sure it matters to the IRB, the game seems to be growing regardless in some parts of the world, which is probably their main concern. The hardcore rugby fan will attend/watch on TV anyway, much the same as us football fans for the last (underwhelming) world cup in SA, but I didn't see too much in that RWC to appeal to the neutral.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 1:54pm
French captain Thierry Dusautoir named player of the year
wasnt that bad a tournament Deise,wasnt great but was more then adeqeute
i never expected the minnows to cause an upset
thought the final was emmense,just cause there was only 4 scores means fuk all,twas a great oul battle,NZ defense was awesome in the last 10/15minsClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:44pm
France were fined 10k for daring to confront the Haka Ermm It shows how much of a love in the IRB have with the All Blacks.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

France were fined 10k for daring to confront the Haka Ermm It shows how much of a love in the IRB have with the All Blacks.
Thumbs Down
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:13pm

And not even original, Willie Anderson did it back in the late 80's, when it was considered even more sacrosanct. Only annoyed the Kiwis though, they inflicted a worse beating than normal on us. As for the IRB, the love in can be traced back to awarding the Kiwis the RWC in the first place, it was fairly widely acknowledged that Japan had a superior bid at the time, but for marketing purposes, it suited the IRB to award it to NZ, they being fully aware of the marketing value of their most famous team having a chance of winning the RWC, something they have now managed to do twice, but only in their own country.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:35pm

Fcuking joke if that's the attitude the IRB are going to take then teams should refuse allow NZ to perform the Haka when NZ are playing away a la Wales a few years ago when they wouldn't allow NZ to do it at the Millenuium Stadium and they did it  somewhere else IIRC.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic