You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rugby World Cup
    Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 1:20am
Anyone on here going? Thinking of heading over for the game against the Ozzies, don't have a huge interest in it more going for the piss up if anything, hoping to get tickets through a friend also if I do go.

Who does everyone fancy, Kiwi's look unstoppable for me, the way they make the game look so easy is ridiculous, I know they usual crumble but they have to click some time, kiwi lad I work with was saying Ireland could get Kiwi's in the quarters which would be an absolute hiding!

Should be a great tournament and the ozzies will make a big deal of this for sure, an awful lot more so than the WC last year that's for sure.

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:38am

There are suppose to be very few people from Ireland heading over but im sure the ex pat communities in Austalia and N.Z will be out in force. All of Irelands games are on the weekend so it will be good in terms of watching on tv here.

New Zealand will bottle it again Thumbs Up

Edited by Landon Donovan - 03 Aug 2011 at 6:38am
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:49am
Ya the kiwis will bottle it big time with the home crowd. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:08am
See ye there sono
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:24am
Can't see New Zealand bottling it on their home turf to be honest. I'd say Henry's learnt a lot from the 2007 experience as well, so barring incredible bad fortune I reckon they will be unstoppable.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 8:16am
The french will win - from watching the first few tri nations games the Springboks are shocking, the aussie's look about on the same level as Ireland and england leaving it between the french and kiwi's and reckon the kiwi's will bottle it as usual
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 8:43am

Don't we either play South Africa or Wales in the quarters depending on who finishes first and second in our two pools?

New Zealand are clear favourites but they have been for most Rugby World Cups and usually look unstoppable until the bottle it out of nowhere

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 8:50am
i heard there are only 500 heading from ireland itslef - according to the IRFU, but i as someone pointed out, ex-pats like Dec will be out in force for the 'Guoys In Green'
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:18am
Best scenario for Ireland is win all group games and then beat wales in the quarter , regardless of who we got in the semi it would be a good tournament and who is to say what could happen.

If we lose to Australia then we will most likely face south africa , not making it easy at all...
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 10:21am
Kiwis can't keep bottling it, but I don't really give a bolix either way anyhow as I assume we'll be the only nation not walking out behind its national flag.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:10pm
Kiwis will bottle it the pressure on them this time around will be nothing like they've had going into previous World Cups. Wouldn't necessarily fear the Boks if we had to play them but think we can take the Aussies and ensure that we play the Welsh instead.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:12pm
Ireland will win this

Will be a great year. Ireland will win this, All 4 provinces will meet in the H Cup last 4, Connacht will win it, Mayo will win Sam, ireland will qualify for the World Cup, and we will be out of recession
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Ireland will win this

Will be a great year. Ireland will win this, All 4 provinces will meet in the H Cup last 4, Leinster will win it, Dublin will win Sam and Liam, ireland will qualify for the World Cup, and we will be out of recession

Fixed Wink 

I assume you mean we'll qualify for the Euro's as opposed to the World Cup Big smile
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:15pm
Whoops, I did indeed
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Ireland will win this

Will be a great year. Ireland will win this, All 4 provinces will meet in the H Cup last 4, Connacht will win it, Mayo will win Sam, ireland will qualify for the World Cup, and we will be out of recession

Mark, Have you considered entering the Presidential Race?Wink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:36pm
Was at Heathrow Airport on the way to Oz back in 2007 a day after France beat New Zealand in the world cup and who walks in only the All Blacks team, none of them were talking it was all heads down i plucked up the courage to ask Carter for his autograph he was dead sound, i asked him what the reaction will be back in NZ and he said "mate dont even ask ill be happy to just get off the plane" the hurt in his face was unreal they really do bleed rugby in NZ and anything else other than winning the tournament would be a national disaster. Australia or New Zealand for me with South Africa being an outside bet (they should have all there players back for the home tri nations games)
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:36pm
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:34am
Just been studying this from a betting point of view and all the groups have a competitive edge. Group A will obviously come down to the head to head between the Kiwis and Les Bleus.England's group is a nightmare one. Every game will be a gruelling forwards battle and will be intriguing. I imagine they will win with the Argentinians second. Our group is tricky too. We are I feel well capable of beating Australia and if we do we are on a roll. However we are as equally capable of getting it all wrong, getting battered and end up making extremely hard work of even qualifying against the Italians. I am certain there will be at least one surprise in Group D with South Africa in poor form and Wales unlucky not to beat them in November, lining one potential upset there. Samoa gaining confidence from beating Australia, albeit a weakened one, recently and Wales do have a habit of under performing against the tough Polynesian islanders. Take your pick for an upset.
Q/F France-England
New Zealand - Argentina              France- Australia      France to watch New Zealand bottle it
Australia- Samoa                               NZ-Ireland                            
South Africa-Ireland     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic