You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTID Best of the season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 11:45am

Any word from the cops about the vandalised statue ???

"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

LOL
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

The Murray Walker of the L of I section.

I would say he is more like the Willie Frazer of the LOI section
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

The Murray Walker of the L of I section.

I would say he is more like the Willie Frazer of the LOI section
LOL
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:39pm

Now now, you know that was naughty....
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 1:09pm
I particularly appreciated RTID's advice that Waterford should simply pay their bills after being served with a winding order .

Ironic really , coming from a fan of a club that entered examaniership in 2005 with debts of 2.5 million , after paying a substantial 6 figure sum the Shams exited debt free leaving creditors at a loss of 2 million euros including 500,000 to the Revenue & by extension us as taxpayers.

Stones & glasshouses spring to mind !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 1:39pm

It is advice you should clearly take - as you say, we made an arrangement and exited squeaky clean and went on to achieve fantastic things. You just refused to pay a man who you owed money to.

Next will be Waterfords, what, 8th season in the first?

Enough said. 
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It is advice you should clearly take - as you say, we made an arrangement and exited squeaky clean and went on to achieve fantastic things. You just refused to pay a man who you owed money to.

Next will be Waterfords, what, 8th season in the first?

Enough said. 

Squeaky clean , such delusion - ask the creditors to whom the Shams owed 2 million euros to if the process was quite so clean ? I bet the answer is a massive no !

Yep , next season will again be spent in the first division but that's life & hopefully things can only improve , thankfully I can reflect on the Blues win in Dalymount all those years ago which consigned Shams to the promotion relegation playoff & then relegation ! - but that's football , highs & lows

Edited by deiseblue - 21 Oct 2013 at 2:58pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Squeaky clean , such delusion - ask the creditors to whom the Shams owed 2 million euros to if the process was quite so clean ? I bet the answer is a massive no !

Yep , next season will again be spent in the first division but that's life & hopefully things can only improve , thankfully I can reflect on the Blues win in Dalymount all those years ago which consigned Shams to the promotion relegation playoff & then relegation ! - but that's football , highs & lows

The overwhelming majority of those creditors got their money back in time.

The taxpayer has more than earned their money back.

As you say, highs and lows, and I hope to see you back up soon.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 12:13am

I hear the garda have set up a wire tap on the lead suspects phone.
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 4:48am

There will be a reconstruction on the next Crime Call.

Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 2:21pm
Bump

the Jersey thread Clap
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 5:05pm
The one where he says that everyone and their dog knows quigley is going to Sligo. When he went to pats he then started talking about a christmas party quigley was at...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 1:24pm
Shamrock paid quigley "not one cent", then dan McDonnell reports quigley paid off
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 1:46pm
No, McDonnells report doesn't state that. It states Rovers and the drunk agreed a termination deal.

If you can't read an article correctly, butt out etc.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:09pm

No, McDonnells report doesn't state that. It states Rovers and the drunk agreed a termination deal.

If you can't read an article correctly, butt out etc.

2 paras from said article:

SHAMROCK ROVERS have officially parted company with striker Mark Quigley after thrashing out a settlement to cancel his contract.

The player has reached agreement with the Hoops on a fee that makes him a free agent and will now consider his options for next term

I know your thick but it clearly states "The player has reached agreement with the Hoops on a fee"

A FEE !!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:08pm
And I am saying that fee is nothing...

If he got a payoff, it would state he got a payoff.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:10pm

And I am saying that fee is nothing...

If he got a payoff, it would state he got a payoff.

If the fee was nothing it wouldn't be a fee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic