Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football games on TV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 281>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The only way Henrik goes up in my estimation is by killing Clattenburg... It's up to you Henke!

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:04am
The ITV highlights show was good there, just highlights from the three games and no punditry. i.e no need to go back to the studio after watching Poland Senegal to hear Lee Dixon talk us through another replay of the goals again 

Other sports highlight shows should take note IMO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The ITV highlights show was good there, just highlights from the three games and no punditry. i.e no need to go back to the studio after watching Poland Senegal to hear Lee Dixon talk us through another replay of the goals again 

Other sports highlight shows should take note IMO
Yeah, simplicity is key!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:37am

Todays matches

Portugal v Morocco
FIFA World Cup 2018 Group Stage
13:00
RTE 2/BBC One

Uruguay v Saudi Arabia
16:00
RTE 2/BBC One

Iran v Spain
19:00
RTE 2/ITV
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:01am
hopefully catch the latter two in Eindhoven
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
Keano re scramble on the line "You kick the ball AND the three players over the line.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Keano re scramble on the line "You kick the ball AND the three players over the line.

Eh thats a foul Roy
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:37am
Todays games

Denmark v Australia
13:00
RTE 2/ITV

France v Peru
16:00
RTE 2/ ITV

Argentina v Croatia
19:00
RTE 2 /BBC One

Edited by Double Maxim - 21 Jun 2018 at 5:39am
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:47pm
Is Patrice Evra dressed like that for a bet? LOL

For those of you not watching ITV, he's wearing a white shirt, a red v-neck jumper and....a dark blue bow tie. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Is Patrice Evra dressed like that for a bet? LOL

For those of you not watching ITV, he's wearing a white shirt, a red v-neck jumper and....a dark blue bow tie. LOL
just flicked over for a look.... kin ell LOL
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 3:56pm
Jacqui Hurley is good in the anchor role and is probably better than Darragh Maloney and Peter Collins, neither of whom are great. Bill O'Herlihy is still missed, as is Jimmy Magee. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:01pm
I prefer Maloney as a commentator.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:12pm
Only Clive Tyldesley can be compared to Magee, he was an appalling commentator.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Only Clive Tyldesley can be compared to Magee, he was an appalling commentator.

Well now we have GAA lads chancing their arm at the soccer. I'd rather have even Tyldesley than that

Edited by TonyNotJack - 21 Jun 2018 at 4:16pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:15pm
People always giving Magee a hard time. Maybe it's nostalgia on my part but I never thought he was a bad commentator and always remember him from the 1982 world cup and especially the Germany v France semi final. Always did the Irish games when I was kid.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

People always giving Magee a hard time. Maybe it's nostalgia on my part but I never thought he was a bad commentator and always remember him from the 1982 world cup and especially the Germany v France semi final. Always did the Irish games when I was kid.

Wasn't born when Maradona scored his 2 goals against England but the commentary for the 2nd one is iconic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Must have been alright back in the day so, because from the nineties onwards he was really poor. In fact I can't recall a worse football commentator off the top of my head.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:27pm
"It's a corner to Mexico. I remember the great Mexican flyweight Jimenez, he had the former silver medalist from the '56 games in Melbourne in his corner, Hernandez. A southpaw he was and a great fighter himself. I remember meeting him in the hotel before the semi-finals and he said ' this boy will be a star' and boy was he right. I suppose I should tell you that there's been a goal."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 281>
  Share Topic