Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTE Panel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 49>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Dunphy and Duffer not relaxed at all using it, whacking the screen with their fingers when it only needs a slight touch. Didi was much more in his comfort zone using it.

Interesting watching how seriously Dunphy was taking trying to master it. Could almost hear him thinking ; "If I balls this up they might start thinking about me as another panel dinasaur, like poor Johnny."Smile

LOL

I have spent the last year teaching my 67 year old mother how to use her first touch screen phone and the 72 year old auld boy who see's his new tablet as Superman sees kryptonite. 

It's a thankless task Cry
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm
Duff really is a sh*te pundit. Adds nothing, spouts the usual cliches 

He's making the bond Villian Eamon 'Red Eye' Dunphy look good

Edited by irishmufc - 15 Mar 2017 at 10:07pm
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

thinks he knows it all then Some of the sh*te he'd say would make you cringe
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

thinks he knows it all then Some of the sh*te he'd say would make you cringe
He reminds me of Paul Scholes both of them shied away from the media when they were playing and I always thought it was because they were shy.
Turns out they have nothing insightful to say.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:10am

RTE trying to copy Sky's stylish presentation/analysis on a computer screen interface like MNF and when making a point Dunphy goes "Can I touch the machine?" LOLLOLLOL 

He probably thinks its a Commodore 64 

Soccer republic doing it too in case you didnt see Wink
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:12am
https://youtu.be/5eIXB7tcZ6o

14 minutes in the lads crack a bottle of champagne open after qualifying for USA. The 3 lads at their best!
sidekick simon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidekick simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:54am
I was actually just watching that as you posted! Meant to be doing some work related study but not really the night for it. I remember that night vividly. I was a student at home in Belfast. We always went to the pub for games but that was just a non starter for this one. I haven't been as nervous about a game before or since but that was some night. Horrible atmosphere around town for weeks before and the match just seemed to crystallise that. It's amazing watching Dunphy callling out the six for their triumphalism after Quinn's goal - can't see him or RTE thinking like that these days.
It was a crazy night of football across Europe - let's hope for another tonight!!!! ybig

Edited by sidekick simon - 09 Oct 2017 at 1:56am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Liking Kevin Doyle so far. Hope we see more of him on RTE Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

yeah wonder if he has any plan to get into coaching 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

yeah wonder if he has any plan to get into coaching 
Currently coaching the Wexford U20 footballers
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:17pm
will be interesting To see how Hope Solo gets on. Think she will be doing The semis.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by niallmc niallmc wrote:

will be interesting To see how Hope Solo gets on. Think she will be doing The semis.
Awful attempt at innuendo.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:30am
Hate to say this but did anyone see Stephanie Roach the other day ?
Poor kid was so out of place something wrong with her voice keep drinking water all the time , I did fine it hard to hear what she was saying .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hate to say this but did anyone see Stephanie Roach the other day ?
Poor kid was so out of place something wrong with her voice keep drinking water all the time , I did fine it hard to hear what she was saying .

She was on the piss at Billy Joel concert the night before, very unprofessional from her. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:16am
Yeah, she claimed she had a cold or something but it was fairly clear from her voice she had been roaring her head off the night before.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:34am
Bit of a left field suggestion but I think your man on Newstalk Ger Gilroy would be good as an anchor on RTE. I don't listen to Newstalk much but heard his interview with Cathal McCarron before and just there this morning with the GAA CCCC Ned Quinn regarding the Kildare Newbridge issue and thought he was very impressive. 

Not afraid to ask tough questions but not in a aggressive Vincent Browne way. I think he'd be good on it. 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:39am

Bit of a left field suggestion but I think your man on Newstalk Ger Gilroy would be good as an anchor on RTE. I don't listen to Newstalk much but heard his interview with Cathal McCarron before and just there this morning with the GAA CCCC Ned Quinn regarding the Kildare Newbridge issue and thought he was very impressive. 

Not afraid to ask tough questions but not in a aggressive Vincent Browne way. I think he'd be good on it. 

It's not left field at all, Ger Gilroy is an outstanding presenter as is Eoin McDevitt, when McDevitt's Second Captains was on RTE I was hoping he'd get the gig to succeed Billo.

McDevitt and Gilroy are way ahead of any of the RTE anchors, or in some cases put a w in front of anchor.

Re Stephanie Roche, she shoulda just gone sick the other day, it was very tough seeing her barely able to breathe with the voice being completely wrecked.

Dunphy has been shown up this WC as being again washed up, factually incorrect and utterly without credibility now.  Kevin Doyle been a very good addition.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:55am
I disagree there freewheeler, I think the newstalk lads (even though I listen a lot to it) are in love with themselves, they would be the w-anchors... I think darragh Moloney is quite good compare..
Come on Irelind
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 49>
  Share Topic