You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:27pm
Something just randomly popped into my head there when I was looking at old ireland clips on YouTube....Keane missed a peno for us away to Romania in 1997, a game we lost 1-0. Was that the only penalty he took in his professional career? Don't remember him ever taking another?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Something just randomly popped into my head there when I was looking at old ireland clips on YouTube....Keane missed a peno for us away to Romania in 1997, a game we lost 1-0. Was that the only penalty he took in his professional career? Don't remember him ever taking another?

Took one in an fa cup final and scored against arsenal but they lost peno shoot out. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:09pm
His comments about Henderson being selected by England. LOL
"Stay out of this! This is personal, and it’s private. Real f***ing private."

Don Henley
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm
Pundit Arena will be all over that quote.
1874eire View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:48pm

Remember McCarthy got hammered by the pundits after for not having a designated peno taker instead of Denis Irwin. 

Roy v lucky not to be sent off in that game after he gave one of the Romanians a 'Mayfield handshake'.
VanBosch View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:54pm

Just watched it on you tube - some tackle by the goalkeeper!
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:12pm
Knowing he had a debilitating hip injury and being barely able to walk the day after matches didn’t stop Keane from signing and taking a wage from Celtic so it’s harsh to criticise Henderson for wanting to play in a European Championship when not 100% fit. Certainly don’t think Strachan signed Keane for his positive impact on team moral.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

Knowing he had a debilitating hip injury and being barely able to walk the day after matches didn’t stop Keane from signing and taking a wage from Celtic so it’s harsh to criticise Henderson for wanting to play in a European Championship when not 100% fit. Certainly don’t think Strachan signed Keane for his positive impact on team moral.

That's a load of bollox
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148
  Share Topic