Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 163>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:06am
I like Cunningham as a pundit 
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 10:41am
How can people have a bad thing to say about Kerr? The man is a national treasure and knows his stuff. Some of his analogies on commentary are amazing.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Goodness he is as bad as i have heard anywhere .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:09pm

People put far too much stock in how he sounds rather than what he says. 

He was spot on about Thiago being an inferior "6" to Henderson and Fabinho, and got slaughtered by everyone at the time. He turned out to be absolutely correct.

He was also the only one who spoke any sense about Luxembourg after our defeat a couple of weeks ago.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:12pm
Duff and Kelly are shocking.  RTE is the worst out of all the channels now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Duff and Kelly are shocking.  RTE is the worst out of all the channels now.

Social media has ruined punditry imo.  Too many attempts at attacking click bait and Keane is perfect for that as he delivers a one liner etc. Neville and Carragher on a Monday night have been excellent but recently have gone down the route of Keane and Richards.  

Kerr is good as is Souness imo.  There are very few really good pundits anymore that give insight and tell us stuff that we do not know already.  I don’t mind Sadlier and I think he is a good
communicator.  Wouldn’t want a panel fuller Sadlier types. Kelly is the Irish Jame Redknapp.
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:29pm
Punditry should be a form of entertainment in itself though.  What you want is is a mix of a solid level headed character with good analysis and a few head the balls shouting at each other for pure entertainment.  Good cop/ bad cop routine.

Who else is going to sl*g off a newspaper journalist for leaving his wife and running off with a young wan?

I dont want fake bantz but genuine lunatics.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goodness he is as bad as i have heard anywhere .
Mmmmmm oh goodness I’m shocked you think so 
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:58pm
What Keane said about Spurs was spot on in my opinion. Their fans can blame Mourinho as much as they like but their players are gutless cowards who will let their next manager down like they did with Poch and Mourinho. But no let's blame the manager who has won big trophies at every other club he has managed, and still might win a trophy this season with Spurs. That w**ker Redknapp has been stealing a living as a sh*t pundit for years, and the likes of him and Jenas can never bring themselves to criticize their old club.  
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbhoy Jimbhoy wrote:

What Keane said about Spurs was spot on in my opinion. Their fans can blame Mourinho as much as they like but their players are gutless cowards who will let their next manager down like they did with Poch and Mourinho. But no let's blame the manager who has won big trophies at every other club he has managed, and still might win a trophy this season with Spurs. That w**ker Redknapp has been stealing a living as a sh*t pundit for years, and the likes of him and Jenas can never bring themselves to criticize their old club.  
You’re very angry Jim
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

How can people have a bad thing to say about Kerr? The man is a national treasure and knows his stuff. Some of his analogies on commentary are amazing.

Because we remember what he was like as a manager
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He was also the only one who spoke any sense about Luxembourg after our defeat a couple of weeks ago.

Spoke a lot of sense before that game too, though I didn't appreciate it, or necessarily agree with it, at the time. What struck me was that he kept looking/glancing over to Sadlier when he was talking, almost looking for reassurance or approval in what he was saying.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Because we remember what he was like as a manager

Israel Cry
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:42pm
I just seen himself and Eoghan O’Conell enjoying a Costa. Took a while to realise it was Eoghan O’Connell until I heard the accent. Another wasted talent of Irish football.

Edited by TigerRoll - 14 May 2021 at 12:43pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:30pm
That’s you outing yourself so Byrner. Not that there was any doubt �£

Car valeting ffs 

Edited by McG - 14 May 2021 at 1:30pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Car valeting ffs 

Confused I valet cars 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Car valeting ffs 

Confused I valet cars 

You were denying who you were so don’t be talking sh*te
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:56pm
Ban him. Ridiculous how many times he gets banned and then just sets up a new profile.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 163>
  Share Topic