Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 163>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:23pm
revenge for what Doherty said about o Neill and Keane coaching methods 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I'm surprised how annoyed Redknapp gets over this

Roy doesn’t think much of young Doherty.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 28 Feb 2021 at 9:25pm

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Exactly, he just cant let anything go. It was very obvious what keane was doing when he  mentioned Doherty.i taught it was really pathetic.

Edited by aviva8 - 28 Feb 2021 at 9:34pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:51pm

I didn't like Doherty sticking the knife in somewhat after O'Neill left (think it was on Off The Ball interview) and I posted it at the time on here. Doherty does have a bit of a mouth on him. 

Keane though is only proving what a spiteful prick he is in waiting to have a pop at Doherty and no matter how many wise men in hindsight or revisionists on here that like to either claim that Keane was 100% right over his treacherous conduct in Saipan or that Mick was just as much to blame 50/50 false equivalency bollocksology, doesn't negate the fact that Keane treated the national team with contempt from day one with his absences and his comments in his autobiography. 

He couldn't wait to stick the knife in after Henry's handball. As if he wouldn't have focused on it if he was the Irish manager that night. 

Anyway I think I'm going to start following Roy on Instagram Tongue

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Exactly, he just cant let anything go. It was very obvious what keane was doing when he  mentioned Doherty.i taught it was really pathetic.

Doherty being sh*te was the only thing they agreed on funnily enough.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:43pm
The argument didn't really work tho with the delay on the line. Jamie was cursing them when he went off air id say. Ya he really stuck the knife into Doherty. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:01pm
Keane started out suggesting that Reguillon wasn’t a good player and if he was Real Madrid wouldn’t have given him away before doing a u turn and saying he is a good player 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:38pm
f**king epic how fuming redknapp was though LOL
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 12:04am
Doherty had that coming and then some for the pop he had at Keane and O Neill. Nor, given Dohertys form for Spurs, was it necessarily even a revenge pop. Consensus was that Doherty has been very poor.

Edit - just rewatched it and actually he definitely did put the boot into Doherty  especially, almost certainly in revenge, so I take that back

Edited by rebelbrowser - 01 Mar 2021 at 12:11am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Keane started out suggesting that Reguillon wasn’t a good player and if he was Real Madrid wouldn’t have given him away before doing a u turn and saying he is a good player 

Yeah he was talking sh1te. 
Saying anybody who can trap a ball is an International footballer these days.

He should never be a football manager. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:34am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

fair play to him.

Other pundits just let Keane talk a lot of crap and never stand their ground.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:46am
Roy Keane is a creep
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:35am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Doherty had that coming and then some for the pop he had at Keane and O Neill. Nor, given Dohertys form for Spurs, was it necessarily even a revenge pop. Consensus was that Doherty has been very poor.

Edit - just rewatched it and actually he definitely did put the boot into Doherty  especially, almost certainly in revenge, so I take that back

O Neill and by extension Keane should of walked after the Denmark humiliation - after that coupled with the lack of tactics and putrid displays they were fair game .
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:43am
Lack of tactics with a group of players who have only beaten Georgia at home and Gibraltar home and away competitively since then with two different managers. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

fair play to him.

Other pundits just let Keane talk a lot of crap and never stand their ground.

Yeah but I think he got so wound up he was stuttering a bit. 
Keane though was being a bit of a dunphy on it, having to back track on his point about the left back 
Anyway I thought it was hilarious 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Lack of tactics with a group of players who have only beaten Georgia at home and Gibraltar home and away competitively since then with two different managers. 
I was very critical of the pair to the end of their campaign but it wasn't much worse than what has went on since. We have a complete and utterly woeful side. We're now at the stage we get excited when a lad scores a few goals in League 1
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:35am
What exactly did Roy say that was so bad about Doherty, I saw him say that Doherty wouldn’t turn them into a top 4 side, and I saw him say that barring Kane & Son Spurs were poor. 
Did I miss something? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

I was very critical of the pair to the end of their campaign but it wasn't much worse than what has went on since. We have a complete and utterly woeful side. We're now at the stage we get excited when a lad scores a few goals in League 1

20-30 years ago we would have been top half premier league team
We are definitely a championship level team now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 163>
  Share Topic