You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Roy Keane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Roy Keane

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 135>
Author
Message
eireland View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 12 Feb 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 1922
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:38am
I enjoyed it. Definitely blown out of proportion. Anyway I'd love to see Roy's reaction to Walters making a show of himself on that paddy Power sponsored Joe.ie challenge. Gimp is not the word. And I mean that literally not as an insult. 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 20513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 5:33am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

And for such a ‘tough guy’ he didn’t half do some amount of bitching and crying to the media. Ironic that he used the term “ratsapp” really, given his own predisposition to talking about others. Of course, if he wasn’t so ridiculously egotistical and lacking in all traces of humility and self-awareness he might actually see the irony in his bullsh1t. Epic, epic bellend. 

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think of Keane. 


Edited by irishmufc - 09 Sep 2019 at 5:33am
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
Avatar

Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
Those public interviews would be much more craic if the interviewer asked questions like “You’ve had a go at SAF for the way he managed you.  Given that he was a hugely successful manager and you were completely incompetent when you tried it yourself, is it just possible he was right  all along?”
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
www.revolut.com

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Milan, Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 30503
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

Those public interviews would be much more craic if the interviewer asked questions like “You’ve had a go at SAF for the way he managed you.  Given that he was a hugely successful manager and you were completely incompetent when you tried it yourself, is it just possible he was right  all along?”


LOL

Or ''Roy, you walked out of a world cup after an accusation that you didnt play numerous games for EIRE because you faked injuries including the 2nd leg of a world cup playoff. Can you square that with accusing Jonathan Walters and Harry Arter, even though Walters had to retire from the game weeks later through injury while you played on for another 4 years?  Who do you think faked inury more?
For all your Bitcoin enquiries contact David Meyler

Crap senior is my full time stalker.
Back to Top
TRV View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2016
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 59
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:54am
Irelands Best Ever Player .
Back to Top
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5520
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I enjoyed it. Definitely blown out of proportion. Anyway I'd love to see Roy's reaction to Walters making a show of himself on that paddy Power sponsored Joe.ie challenge. Gimp is not the word. And I mean that literally not as an insult. 

The same Roy Keane that used to dress up as a leprechaun for money?

And then literally weeks later went on a rant about people dressed as leprechauns in the airport when they were flying out. 


Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 09 Sep 2019 at 9:15am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 28621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Irelands Best Ever Player .
 
What's that got to do with anything that's happened recently?
 
 
Back to Top
TRV View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
Avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2016
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 59
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
nothing 
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 37660
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:20am
I’m not sure he is Ireland’s best ever player either, as good as he was. The best player from Ireland? Probably. Ireland’s best ever player is the other Keane due to his consistency and longevity.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 16453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Unpopular opinion - it wasn't as bad as the headlines made out, I was honestly expecting worse. 

Comment about crying - shouldn't have happened. 

I like Jon and he is a good guy. Jon is also a big personality so I can see whey would clash. 

Keane does talk a a lot of sense for most of it. He comes across extremely well in fact for a hell of a lot of it. It was Gary N who got the headlines for cutting across Joe. 

He was treated badly by United, that was a sh*t thing to do to someone who was 12 years there and had won everything.

95% of lads here have questioned Arters commitment to the cause. Keane questions him and there is outrage. 

I would have like if he was pushed more about the football and the style, he did concede Ireland have always struggled to keep the ball. I would have liked the presenters to push more and ask his opinion on the future, ie can it be changed or do we have go the next 50 years hoofing the ball. 

2 hours though and a great watch IMO.
Correct.

Fascinating 2 hours. Nevilles contempt and lack of respect toward Joe Molloy is almost as bad as what Keane said about Walters.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 20513
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Unpopular opinion - it wasn't as bad as the headlines made out, I was honestly expecting worse. 

Comment about crying - shouldn't have happened. 

I like Jon and he is a good guy. Jon is also a big personality so I can see whey would clash. 

Keane does talk a a lot of sense for most of it. He comes across extremely well in fact for a hell of a lot of it. It was Gary N who got the headlines for cutting across Joe. 

He was treated badly by United, that was a sh*t thing to do to someone who was 12 years there and had won everything.

95% of lads here have questioned Arters commitment to the cause. Keane questions him and there is outrage. 

I would have like if he was pushed more about the football and the style, he did concede Ireland have always struggled to keep the ball. I would have liked the presenters to push more and ask his opinion on the future, ie can it be changed or do we have go the next 50 years hoofing the ball. 

2 hours though and a great watch IMO.
Correct.

Fascinating 2 hours. Nevilles contempt and lack of respect toward Joe Molloy is almost as bad as what Keane said about Walters.

Of course it was Roy LOL
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Back to Top
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Location: Delaney Park
Status: Offline
Points: 34793
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’m not sure he is Ireland’s best ever player either, as good as he was. The best player from Ireland? Probably. Ireland’s best ever player is the other Keane due to his consistency and longevity.
 

liam brady for me every day and twice on sunday 

very hard to seperate robbie, roy , ronnie whelan and paul mcgrath , all of those were exceptional. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Back to Top
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Location: Delaney Park
Status: Offline
Points: 34793
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 12:18pm
also i never saw johnny giles play and my uncle says he was the best for ireland 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Back to Top
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5520
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

also i never saw johnny giles play and my uncle says he was the best for ireland 

Giles, Brady and McGrath are all in the conversation. Premier League generation that only saw Roy play think it's cut and dried when it's far from that. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Back to Top
doherty View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 2196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.
Back to Top
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Location: Delaney Park
Status: Offline
Points: 34793
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.
 

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 24157
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:22pm
I would say in my time watching Ireland it was McGrath for performances for Ireland.
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
www.revolut.com

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Milan, Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 30503
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think even though all of have not seen everyone play i think generally our greatest player consists of

Roy keane
Giles
Brady
Mcgrath

Anyone after that falls into a different category. That list is not in any order either.
 

ronnie whelan has to be in there imo , pain the ass pundit but what a player 


Whelan?  Did he play much in Italia 90?  Never remember him too much for us apart from the USSR volley.
For all your Bitcoin enquiries contact David Meyler

Crap senior is my full time stalker.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 135>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.