Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Curtis (Sunday World)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy Curtis (Sunday World)
    Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:02am
An absolute gimp of the the highest order his player ratings were as follows

Given 5/10
Dunne 4/10
St Ledger 5/10
O'Shea 1/10
Ward 5/10
McGeady 1/10
Duff 6/10
Andrews 1/10
Whelan 2/10
Keane 2/10
Doyle 2/10

This is the typical Irish attitude that pisses me off Angry

Are we out of the running to qualify??? Are we so bad that we shouldnt show up to face Russia??? Have we got a team of players who play part time in the Iceland & Moldovan leagues , no our squad is full of EPL players who have huge experience!!!! We havent lost an away qualifer in over 3years , yes we were bad against Slovakia but we're still fighting arent we!!!

F*king gobsh*tes like Roy Curtis can f**k off lets all believe in the team and stop knocking them!!!

Edited by Green Devil - 04 Sep 2011 at 6:02am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:14am
Tbh I thought the back four played well on friday night
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:34am
Ya, Given and four defenders can't complain to much. But lads the rest of team was a disgrace.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

An absolute gimp of the the highest order his player ratings were as follows

Given 5/10
Dunne 4/10
St Ledger 5/10
O'Shea 1/10
Ward 5/10
McGeady 1/10
Duff 6/10
Andrews 1/10
Whelan 2/10
Keane 2/10
Doyle 2/10

This is the typical Irish attitude that pisses me off Angry

Are we out of the running to qualify??? Are we so bad that we shouldnt show up to face Russia??? Have we got a team of players who play part time in the Iceland & Moldovan leagues , no our squad is full of EPL players who have huge experience!!!! We havent lost an away qualifer in over 3years , yes we were bad against Slovakia but we're still fighting arent we!!!

F*king gobsh*tes like Roy Curtis can f**k off lets all believe in the team and stop knocking them!!!
If they played sh*t then deserve every bit of criticism they get. Now i'll admit his ratings for St Ledger, Given and Dunne are harsh but the rest are more or less spot on.

I dont like this attitude that seems to be around ybig that the players are immune from criticism because it might hurt their feelings. Ireland played sh*te vs Slovakia and they dont deserve one bit of praise or a pat on the back for it. The players need to know that they must do better.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:43am
The back four bar O'Shea did a decent job the other night. Don't like Curtis either but he's not far off with those ratings.
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:43am
Thats ridiculous.

Win on Tuesday and we'll top the group.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:44am
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

Thats ridiculous.

Win on Tuesday and we'll top the group.
If we win on Tuesday we'd be entitled to an audience with Jesus on the Wednesday. There isn't a feckin hope!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:49am
The front six players according to trap won't change so how the hell will Andrews and co be world beaters all of a sudden.should take a chane on mcarthy and defo call up Walters
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:51am
I know Ireland played badly , but seriously 1/10 & 2/10 ratings are way over the top imo!!

We can all pen our ideal Ireland team on paper but Trap picks the team and yes i find some decisions baffling but when Andrews , McGeady & Whelan have good games people suddenly sit up and take note that we have a decent team , yet when results like the one friday night crop up we're sh*t??!!

Traps system give our side a solid balance esp away from home but to think we actually have a few EPL players who are not even in the squad that have flair and creativity that could really change a game in the Aviva....

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:51am
The reason why I don't buy papers .............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:51am
To be honest, I lost interest at "Curtis". Didn't even have to read the thread, I could guess. The man's a joke at this stage
Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:55am
Double the ratings for Dunne and Sledge and I agree.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I know Ireland played badly , but seriously 1/10 & 2/10 ratings are way over the top imo!!

We can all pen our ideal Ireland team on paper but Trap picks the team and yes i find some decisions baffling but when Andrews , McGeady & Whelan have good games people suddenly sit up and take note that we have a decent team , yet when results like the one friday night crop up we're sh*t??!!

Traps system give our side a solid balance esp away from home but to think we actually have a few EPL players who are not even in the squad that have flair and creativity that could really change a game in the Aviva....

You dont want to read the "Player ratings thread" so.........there's lots of 1's and 2's there.

Your argument is a little odd too. From what i'm gathering it seems as if you feel the players didnt deserve the poor ratings because they played well in previous games.
If that is the case, i'm sorry but your talking through your hole!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:11am
His job is done though in fairness, now were talking about this prick and his paper so its happy days for him! At the end of the day the sunday world is a rag and paper's will be a thing of the past in a few years time and this is why! 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:29am
Jaysus Sham im in noway saying just because a player had a good game previous he should be immune to criticism if he has a sh*te game after that....

What im trying to get at is before the Slovakia game people were saying how important McGeady was to the team , yet because he has one bad game this campaign which was friday night people are slating him!!! Whelan shouldnt be starting ive always said it , Andrews is very average aswell so what do people expect from either of them esp at this level???

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:31am
What an absolute joke, not one of them players Fri nite deserved a 1 or 2 out of 10, 4 outta 10 for a couple of em minimum but 1 or 2, ridiculous!!
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:32am
Of course the players are not immune from being questioned about what was an under par performance but Curtis gave rateings like that and we got a draw?Well Slovakia must be the worst international side in the world if they couldnt beat us and we were that bad?Id hate to see the Slovakian Sunday World,they must have slaughtered their side to only manage a draw against such a poor irish team.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 7:39am
Had Andorra beaten us fair enough , Slovakia who beat Italy in the World Cup , beat Russia away from home and have some very good players Curtis really doesnt give us or them any credit imo....

My summary is when your keeper & back four keep a clean sheet no matter how they do it they deserve credit , Andrews & Whelan are not upto this level we all know that , Duff played well , McGeady cannot be blamed considering it was a minor miracle he even made the game , Keane missed a sitter but how many vital goals has he scored & Doyle obv wasnt in the right frame of mind considering Long was picked to start.....

Team performance considering the opposition a 5/10 , on to the Russian game with a positive mind!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic