You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rovers V Liverpool MEGATHRED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Not true Gary.

We get a basic fee and a cut of our 7,000. So we do have a material interest in this selling, which was never in doubt.

"YOUR ONLY HERE TO SEE THE ROVERS"
The 7000 yes but not the other 43000.#

"DOES YOUR TELLY KNOW YOU'RE HERE ?"

Giant Display with this or "Does your barstool know..." is a must for the SouthStand LOL . An opportunity to show up the plastics and promote ourselves and LOI so hope Croly goes with a strong line-up, tho I doubt it with League games either side. 
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

40,000 tickets sold to see liverpool reserve team and yet if Ireland was playing they would be lucky to sell 25,000, disgraceful, something seriously wrong with people in this country. 

Yeah they support Liverpool Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

If you see a circus as being more important than the League, who am i to judge. A day out in a stadium full of plastic english. Nah.

So the exact same as the Ireland games?

Rovers are flying the flag for Irish football in the only manner that counts - against teams from the best league in the world (tm). You should all be hoops for the day.

I don't go to Ireland home games, i'd think about going if we got england or the other crowd up the road. I go to most aways for the piss up as much as the game. I just couldn't bring myself to fund the CEOs salary. 

Give it a rest with this flying the flag bullsh*t. I supported Rovers in the Europa League Campaign, this is entirely differant. Honestly, if this match was out my back garden, i'd close the curtains.

You were happy enough to pay Joe Gamble's wages?
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

If you see a circus as being more important than the League, who am i to judge. A day out in a stadium full of plastic english. Nah.

So the exact same as the Ireland games?

Rovers are flying the flag for Irish football in the only manner that counts - against teams from the best league in the world (tm). You should all be hoops for the day.

I don't go to Ireland home games, i'd think about going if we got england or the other crowd up the road. I go to most aways for the piss up as much as the game. I just couldn't bring myself to fund the CEOs salary. 

Give it a rest with this flying the flag bullsh*t. I supported Rovers in the Europa League Campaign, this is entirely differant. Honestly, if this match was out my back garden, i'd close the curtains.

You were happy enough to pay Joe Gamble's wages?

That was in the height of the Celtic Tiger, not in the middle of a recession and Gamble earned his money.

And anyway, Gamble was a professional footballer , they were the wages being paid out by the big clubs at the time. You can't make comparisons between a Professional Footballer and a Politician.

Edited by Jason Kelly - 01 Apr 2014 at 7:49pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 11:02am
They were not standard wages at the time. They led to Cork City Foras coop
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 11:10am
Lads, this isn't about defunct clubs and the past.

This is about the future and Rovers flying the flag, yet again, for Irish football.
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 11:27am

Lads, this isn't about defunct clubs and the past.

This is about the future and Rovers flying the flag, yet again, for Irish football.

*Cringe*
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 11:39am
I'll be there! Come on you red men
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 12:33pm
Hope Liverpool hammer the sh*te outta them! 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Rovers uniting the bitter LoI also rans and the barstoolers since, well forever Clap
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Rovers uniting the bitter LoI also rans and the barstoolers since, well forever Clap

In my case I follow Liverpool aswel so obviously I want them to hammer rovers!

In fairness both teams will be reserves
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:17pm
Why have I visions of you at Abbey St Luas stop, crutch in one hand, bottle of lucozade in the other, 'helping' tourists put the money in the ticket machine, Pats shirt and Liverpool Trackie bottoms on?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:57pm

Why have I visions of you at Abbey St Luas stop, crutch in one hand, bottle of lucozade in the other, 'helping' tourists put the money in the ticket machine, Pats shirt and Liverpool Trackie bottoms on?

Iv no idea why you would have visions of me at all?

Have you thought about getting help?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:08pm
You got fiddy cent for a councellloooorrrr buuuud?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:35pm

You got fiddy cent for a councellloooorrrr buuuud?

No idea what your on about I'm sure you homeless would know more about what goes on them streets than me!

Anyways liverpools kids to smash shamrock rovers! Btw is this another "home" venue for shamrock rovers or what's the Craic?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:38pm

Btw is this another "home" venue for shamrock rovers or what's the Craic?

You are correct.
As Irelands Number One, the FAI's Model Club and RTE's favourite, Rovers have first option on Lansdowne Road as a D4 Club. This included glamour friendlies and future Champions League group games.
KOH.

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:43pm

You are correct.
As Irelands Number One, the FAI's Model Club and RTE's favourite, Rovers have first option on Lansdowne Road as a D4 Club. This included glamour friendlies and future Champions League group games.
KOH.

Good to know! Wonder how nobody thought of the place when they went and played a home game in cork?

Maybe they got an appearance fee to play in cork I'm not fully aware!

Enjoy your kick about with liverpools kids lads!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:47pm

You are correct.
KOH.

Good to know! Wonder how nobody thought of the place when they went and played a home game in cork?

Maybe they got an appearance fee to play in cork I'm not fully aware!

Enjoy your kick about with liverpools kids lads!

You are very quick to bring up history when it suits you.
But very quick to forget history when it comes to success
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic