You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rovers V Bohs Megathread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 66>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:38pm
Was in his sh*te biased towards bohs,kavanagh got a yellow for miele being a coward and that fool webster got away with jumping into the back all night. Irelandfan,count your blessings rte didnt show that,it was a pile,from both teams.would turn people off the league more than anything.we are a bigger mess than we were under farrelly and they are bar three or four good young lads a very poor outfit.they wont finish near the top 4.we are f**ked unless long decides to not keep our two best midfielders on the bench.sorry if this sounds like sour grapes its not,wouldnt mind losing the derby (well eah i would) if we went down fighting against a decent team but it was just rubbish.
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:39pm
If you maintain the pitch you might get better football. We weren't great, but the point is we didn't need to be. We did the business early and sat back knowing you would do hee haw and avoid injuries on a pitch you needed the fire brigade to make playable.

It was the right tactics then and there but I'm not sure it should be used against top half teams.
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

If you maintain the pitch you might get better football. We weren't great, but the point is we didn't need to be. We did the business early and sat back knowing you would do hee haw and avoid injuries on a pitch you needed the fire brigade to make playable.

It was the right tactics then and there but I'm not sure it should be used against top half teams.

Clap 100%.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 7:55am
Yep agree 100% re the pitch its shocking.there is a well in dalymount but the pump system is kaput,dcc will not be fixing it apparently so no watering .dosent bode well for the sometime in the future council house does it?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 1:53pm
If you can't water your pitch you should not be allowed play on it.

More criminality from the Bozo membership. They let a national monument rot while paying players ott wages. Still,so long as you had cheap pints of craft beer and gluten free tacos. Peoples club my hole
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:19pm
Not our pitch sonny.it belongs to dcc.do shamrock water and manage the pitch in tallaght stadium?doubt you put a penny more than the rent money in.as for spending money on players that should go into the stadium,well you shower wrote the book on that one,spending your grant money on players then having to be bailed out ayour debts reduced to 4% of what you owed,then have the ground taken off you by the sdcc and rented back to you.we are guilty of most of that too apart from we have to settle our debts because we had an asset.if you can hold up one loi club as an example of good practice go ahead.we all,apart from ucd,have at some stage f**ked up.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Not our pitch sonny.it belongs to dcc.do shamrock water and manage the pitch in tallaght stadium?doubt you put a penny more than the rent money in.as for spending money on players that should go into the stadium,well you shower wrote the book on that one,spending your grant money on players then having to be bailed out ayour debts reduced to 4% of what you owed,then have the ground taken off you by the sdcc and rented back to you.we are guilty of most of that too apart from we have to settle our debts because we had an asset.if you can hold up one loi club as an example of good practice go ahead.we all,apart from ucd,have at some stage f**ked up.
The Dalymount pitch followed the ground into 'unsafe' territory years ago. Don't blame the Corpo for that shambles.

The difference is as soon as we found out what our board were up to we got rid of them and started from scratch as a members club. Your membership knew about and voted for the borrowing for players strategy.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 3:52pm
As soon as you found out?? You were spending money you didnt have in f**king milltown.buying leagues at the expense of the club.as did we all.the pitch while not good was certainly playable (apart from the infamous pothole farce) up to now.and i dont believe even if bohs had stayed amateur the ground could have been maintained.no loi club could afford to upkeep a stadium on income generated in this league,given that sponsorship is as thin on the ground as supporters in this country.the model of progress in this country has to be clubs as tenants,look at dundalk for example, they will be spending more on oriel than important structures. Yourselves, City,Derry,etc. and in the future us will be at an advantage there.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Why does every topic about Bohs and Rovers go on about stadiums?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:58am
That was a tough watch on Friday night. Bohs were depressingly limited against a Rovers side that is, at best, slightly above average in the current premier division. I'm not quite sure why Ward and Poynton didn't feature at all as they would have added a bit of bite and creativity which was badly lacking. It has to be acknowledged also that Clarke looks a really outstanding young player.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:16am
Yeah TG, Clarkie is a little f**kin diamond.
Great attitude, not afraid to give his teammate's a rocket if they are not pulling their weight, never hides from a tackle, gets clattered and gets up again and on with the game.
I'd like to think we can keep him for another year or two, and would only be happy to see him depart if it was over the Irish sea (tho he looks tiny for English football).
He should be the yardstick for all young Rovers squad, and what they can achieve, if they put down their phones and get their head into what's achievable, through hard f**kin work
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:55am
Since Trevor made got in the team last year, I was immediately struck by his honesty, bravery, pace and massive heart.  I absolutely love this kid.  He'll get stronger with Darren Dillon doing the strength and conditioning, the lad has a real chance in my opinion.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:34pm
How is there empty seats at this? You are always guaranteed some form of entertainment of some sort at this.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:00pm
Party time... come on the Bohs...

Edited by BohsinMunich - 28 Jul 2017 at 10:00pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
Boez
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:07pm
Deserved win for Bohs. Akinade with a great goal but he also got some amount of handy free kicks.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Deserved win for Bohs. Akinade with a great goal but he also got some amount of handy free kicks.
He played very well but the referee was atrocious, which added to the entertainment. The most blatant back pass picked up by Supple was the highlight of his performance.
A really enjoyable derby for the neutral, although the result destroyed my a 36-1 bet.Angry
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 10:17pm
They wanted it more and we played sh*te . They deserved the points - fkuc em. 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 66>
  Share Topic