You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rovers V Bohs Megathread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 66>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:38pm
Watching from Budapest tonight (provided I can get a stream), wish I was in dalyer....into these c**ts mon Bohs
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

ONLY1ROVERS View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:33pm
Expecting a big win against this filth by 4 to 0. Come on Rovers batter the sc#m.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 6:03pm
Mon the Boez
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:44pm
Long got it wrong tonight, if we can't cause absolute muck like them many problems then we are rightly in trouble. Dinny had nothing coming to him all night; Ward should have started. Doyle would have given us more than Simon from the start, and Lorcan Fitz a disaster zone. Only positives are that Dinny got 90 minutes under his belt and Sule continues to look a tidy player.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 12 May 2017 at 9:46pm
ONLY1ROVERS View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:52pm
Easy victory against a shambles of a team/club in a ground that should have a health warning when entering it. Always nice to do the filth
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:59pm
Dont worry mate, 
You wont have to play us next season. Thumbs Up
That is unless youse are  unlucky enough to draw us in a cup competitionLOL

piece of pi$$ victory would be understating it..
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:25pm
Bohs were awful, lot of work to be done there

Croly to take over from Long?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bohs were awful, lot of work to be done there

Croly to take over from Long?

We really offered absolutely nothing. We've shown at times this season we can play well and get out of this hole we're in if we play the right team and keep it on the deck. Why Keith Ward didn't start is beyond me. Simon has pace but f**k all else, Doyle has a physical presence and is easily the better ball player. 

I think we'll be alright if Dinny stays fit and Akinade gets a run of games towards the back end of the season - him particularly against the better sides as he's a valuable outlet when we're under pressure. No taking away from the fact that we were absolutely awful against a poor rovers side tonight though and playing like that i couldn't see us taking many points off anyone.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:35pm
Man,that was hard to watch.awful game,hoops took their two chances well,then did nothing else ,they didnt have to.that young clarke is a gem,lovely player ,also our little diamond fuad sule,only positive for us.roll on next week,cant come quick enough after that muck.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Man,that was hard to watch.awful game,hoops took their two chances well,then did nothing else ,they didnt have to.that young clarke is a gem,lovely player ,also our little diamond fuad sule,only positive for us.roll on next week,cant come quick enough after that muck.

Credit where it's due Trevor Clarke does look like he can play at a higher level. Sule has been very good for us. If Dinny is going to start next week then Ward absolutely has to be starting. Last time we turned over Bray from 2-0 down came completely from their link play and Ward is our most creative and technical midfielder.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:56pm
Sule looked good alright, the only one

Too right about rovers not doing anything as they didn't have to, takeaway the atmosphere and a few good Derby crunching tackles and it was a very poor match
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:36pm
Did what we had to do on the first and we're far better than a turgid Tan team. Took our foot off the gas and bit too much in the second but they were too bad to take advantage. We could have had 6 without playing well.

It was the usual battle on a crap pitch and we wanted it more but I was amazed with how bad they were.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:43pm
f**king love Trevor Clarke. Bohs were awful, we got in front comfortably and never looked threatened.

Good night's work.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:45pm
Question for the neutrals. Was the ref soft on Bohs leading with the elbow? I thought he was poor and gave them everything
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:00am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Question for the neutrals. Was the ref soft on Bohs leading with the elbow? I thought he was poor and gave them everything

Obviously not a neutral but he was soft on them. they should have had someone walk.

Was laughable seeing Dan Byrne trying to swan around like he was a gypo hard man but getting lifted out of it by Clarke who was half the size of him.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:06am

Can't say I noticed, he made two bizarre calls booking bohs players for tackles that looked like rovers fouls

Was in lime for offside calls on both goals, both correct
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:11am

Thought the ref was poor full stop, The challenge on Miele wasn't even a foul from where I was, Miele pulled out and got a smack.
Clarke & Burke are excellent talents
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 7:38pm
Two Very Good goals and a sell out which is always to be welcomed considering how bad the crowds have become in Dublin of late. Shame on RTE for not broadcasting this regardless of whatever you may think about the clubs it is by far the biggest derby in the country and should have been shown. Some argue televised games deter crowds well so be it even just slightly this is a showpiece game to show off the league especially considering it could be the last Derby in Dalymount for up to five years I'm hearing yet it receives a ridiculous 25 second cameo on our national broadcaster news programme this evening while the English PL and Motor Cross racing Confused received more. I would love if Eir Sport had all coverage of the league. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 66>
  Share Topic