You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRovers / Bohs - Kid friendly?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rovers / Bohs - Kid friendly?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:03pm
lads - may seem like a strange comment, but have been out of the country for some time and I know there have been bad reports of skumbags causing trouble at league of ireland. Not worried about meself, but have a little 8 year old daughter, who is pure soccer mad and is begging me to take her to a game while we're home. I'll definitley take her to 1-2 bray games ( so she understands its not all glamour!) but wanted to get your thoughts if the rovers / bohs game on april 4th is appropriate (bad language no problem, but would prefer avoiding punch ups in / around the ground etc. Kid safe, or not?
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:27pm
can't advise you there Billybunter but it's an awful shame you have to even  think about what should be a happy first game for your daughter
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2008 at 7:49pm
It's in Tolka BB.
There will be a great atmosphere at it and I would advise you to just stay away from the main support cause there will be a lot of comments and chants that you don't want your daughter to hear.
The main Rovers fans will be in the Riverside stand I think for that, wioth Bohs at one end of the opposaite stand.

Find a part of the ground where the more quiet folk are, maybe the lego stand behind the goal.
There would be no problems there.
If there are any punch ups it will be outside the gound but Bohs will probably be kept back for a few mins so you will be ok.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 4:07am
Spot on there Ger........don't let the little scummers put you off going, as Ger says just avoid where you see them and you'll all be grand.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

lads - may seem like a strange comment, but have been out of the country for some time and I know there have been bad reports of skumbags causing trouble at league of ireland. Not worried about meself, but have a little 8 year old daughter, who is pure soccer mad and is begging me to take her to a game while we're home. I'll definitley take her to 1-2 bray games ( so she understands its not all glamour!) but wanted to get your thoughts if the rovers / bohs game on april 4th is appropriate (bad language no problem, but would prefer avoiding punch ups in / around the ground etc. Kid safe, or not?

How dare you Billybunter,ill have you know that Bray are the Rolls Royce of Irish football,In my head anyway,Shame on you,Im highly offended, The seagulls will peck your eyes out for making a comment like that on arrival to our world famous Carlise grounds.

PS; if you can drag any more people along please do as we could do with the extra cash, GUR R GUR R
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 12:00am
will there be a spot to pay at the gate...was on both rovers and bohs websites and good fukn luck trying to get info about how you would buy tickets for this match!!
any info lads? - am in the air tomorrow, but its either rovers / bohs, or I may have to settle for Bray / Fin harps on fri evening.. (no offence intended ernesto) but would prefer the big dublin derby...
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 5:50am
Sporting Fingal and Dundalk is the big one this weekend Bunter Thumbs%20Up
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 6:31am
Ye pay in at the gate BB, but try get there early enough cause there is always the last minute rush and there should be a decentg crowd at it.

Remember, there are parts of the ground that will be family friendly so just look out for them, enjoy
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 6:52am
nice one gerk - will do!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 7:40am
Did you go BB?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:37pm
gerk!

just settling back after a rough month in april. was unable to get along to rovers/bohs - overnight flights on the thursday night so did'nt get in until 8am the morning of the match and jet lag got the better of the young one!!). I was fortunate to take in 2 bray games (2 wins may I add against Finn Harps and Derry, so she settled for Derry and Bray - which was the coldest fcuking night i was ever at a game!). I was also lucky to take in Man Utd and Roma at Old trafford, so 3 games, 3 wins. no complaints.
Cheers for now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic