You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rough Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:07pm
3.70 for a guinness in The Snug. Always aul lads in the jacks doing lines of coke. Jukebox in it though which is decent. Always a weird mix of people. Proper funny farm
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

3.70 for a guinness in The Snug. Always aul lads in the jacks doing lines of coke. Jukebox in it though which is decent. Always a weird mix of people. Proper funny farm
If the Guinness is decent you have the perfect pub there.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

If the Guinness is decent you have the perfect pub there.

Quality pint
Danger here, OH NO
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:12pm
Grand spot.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Grand spot.

As are most places when you happen to be 7 feet tall LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:24am
Any pub that has a pool table, darts board, and is attached to a shopping centre is usually rough as fook
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Any pub that has a pool table, darts board, and is attached to a shopping centre is usually rough as fook

There is no more surefire indicator of roughness than this.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 6:44am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I was working relief in one pub in Edmonton in North London that was in a shopping centre and it closed at 8.30pm each night .
Now to be honest as soon as the sun went down the place cleared out and if anyone knows the area then you could understand .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I was working relief in one pub in Edmonton in North London that was in a shopping centre and it closed at 8.30pm each night .
Now to be honest as soon as the sun went down the place cleared out and if anyone knows the area then you could understand .

Was that the Old Circus?...............was in there a good few times in the '70s.........IU know exactly what you mean about when the sun went down around there Shocked
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:53am
Myself and herself found ourselves having rambled in to the Chancery Inn by accident a couple of Friday nights back. Holy good jaysis, it's fairly shady. When herself asked the tired looking bar man what white wine they had, his reply was "ah, the usual", which had us bemused. Friendly chap though.

There's a place around the corner from me that I sometimes go to catch midweek football, McGarry's of Harold's Cross. Can't work the place out at all. Sometimes you have well heeled aul lads from the big gaffs on Kimmage Road Lower in there having a pint and then other times, absolute scrotes from Sundrive and Crumlin. There's a pool table there, which obviously brings with it the usual malarchy, but sh*t you not, there was a fella in the jacks the other night smoking a crack pipe. 

Great pizza though.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Myself and herself found ourselves having rambled in to the Chancery Inn by accident a couple of Friday nights back. Holy good jaysis, it's fairly shady. When herself asked the tired looking bar man what white wine they had, his reply was "ah, the usual", which had us bemused. Friendly chap though.

There's a place around the corner from me that I sometimes go to catch midweek football, McGarry's of Harold's Cross. Can't work the place out at all. Sometimes you have well heeled aul lads from the big gaffs on Kimmage Road Lower in there having a pint and then other times, absolute scrotes from Sundrive and Crumlin. There's a pool table there, which obviously brings with it the usual malarchy, but sh*t you not, there was a fella in the jacks the other night smoking a crack pipe. 

Great pizza though.

I had a rollover session a couple of weeks ago and found myself in the Chancery Inn at 7am on the Saturday. Its a few years since I was last in. It held a far more genteel clientele this time. The previous occasion there were lads selling coke and MDMA per line in the jacks. As hard as I looked, I couldn't find any of these entrepreneurs mores the pity. It was really populated by your bog standard chronic alcoholics mainly minding their own business. 

Yeah McGarrys is a strange one. I've had the same experiences in there. 

One of my mates was telling me that a new hipster Irish speaking bar has opened on the Captains Road in Crumlin of all places. That's a serious gamble taken by the owners there. They may have overestimated the impact of gentrification but good luck to them. 

El Puto Amo
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm
The dark side.. And the light
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Great pizza though.

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:56pm

LOL very true 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:57pm
Who changed the thread title?LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3456383,-6.2718738,2a,75y,343h,80.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgzMJJ23iauFWk5ZY6Lmsdg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Metal Paul or Hodor I can't tell.

ffs for a second there I thought I was in that photo LOL. I've a very similar shirt 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Who changed the thread title?LOL

I think that was the original title LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:56pm
Muff's Pubes rough as his Manchester mayo accent 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic