You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roscommon eviction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:34pm
I don't know the ins and outs of this situation, and I agree economics should be taught in schools.

I do think though, and I am very much on the left, I don't even agree with private property at all, but that's an aside, that people have to take some responsibility for their actions. People taking mortgages out that they can't afford are hurting those at the bottom too.
I understand that is more difficult to live within your means when you are trying to look after your family and the whole 'property market' is run by a bunch of robbing ****s and badly regulated, but a lot of the time in Ireland, and we all know this is true,people overextended themselves for reasons that weren't altruistic. People became as greedy as the bankers are and it ended in a right mess. By taking out mortgages that they struggle to pay back, they are pushing up the prices for lads trying to buy an affordable home for their family. I
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Banks spin. Bottom line is if they lent money in the correct manner we wouldn't have gotten into the mess. It's great the ways people are blaming a few people who don't pay their mortgages as the reason we have high interest rates.

Dodgy loans from banks are the reason we pay high interest rates now and sure we won't mention banks profits in the last couple of years either!

What's your solution so? 

Short Term: Governments to protect people from eviction. 

Long Term: Education. Economics should be a mandatory subject in schools. It would lead to the next generation been aware of the basics and be able to see economics from every particular situation. From the Banks perspective to the Mortgage holders perspective.

How does that help banks with their bad loans now?

I'm one year into a 25 year mortgage, if I stop paying for a few years, won't engage in payment plans etc then I think I would deserve to be turfed out. There's obviously some genuine cases but always reading about people who've not made a payment in years contesting convictions.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:50pm

Most people will only argue from their own relative economic situation and relate to that.

In a country everyone is complicit. 

If I lent someone 20 pounds,  and they didnt pay me back. Who gets burnt? Me.
Does the Government bail me out? No. 
Can I go to the courts and get a court order to forcibly get the money back by use of force? No

Why is it different for banks?

Because they have the foot on the throat of the economy in a country and government will bail them out. They have too much power and our the 21st century landlords in Ireland.

Bit different lending a mate a score as a favour than a six figure loan, taken out against an asset, with a contract signed clearly stating what happens if you default.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:59pm

Most people will only argue from their own relative economic situation and relate to that.

Can I go to the courts and get a court order to forcibly get the money back by use of force? No

Because they have the foot on the throat of the economy in a country and government will bail them out. They have too much power and our the 21st century landlords in Ireland.
Again, what's the difference between these people and the O'Donnells of Vico Road?

The O'Donnells were chancers. 

So are this crowd. 

You are basically arguing for the disintegration of the banking system and for everybody to lose their life savings.

There's so much bullsh*t written about evictions in Ireland. Utterly ridicuolus comparisons between the 1880s and freeloading chancers today.

The irony is that the same gobsh*tes who support these chancers are the same people who vilify the genuine poor and homeless. 

The Land League was an actual social justice movement. 

The likes of these "Freemen On The Land" crackpots, the so called "New Land League" of ultra-gobsh*te Jerry Beades, and these Yellow Vest gobsh*tes are far right defenders of the idea of a privileged, oligarchic, propertied class. And to hell with everybody else.

In another life, these are the sort of scum who would have been off fighting for Franco in Spain.

Edited by sid waddell - 17 Dec 2018 at 3:01pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Banks spin. Bottom line is if they lent money in the correct manner we wouldn't have gotten into the mess. It's great the ways people are blaming a few people who don't pay their mortgages as the reason we have high interest rates.

Dodgy loans from banks are the reason we pay high interest rates now and sure we won't mention banks profits in the last couple of years either!

What's your solution so? 

Long Term: Education. Economics should be a mandatory subject in schools. It would lead to the next generation been aware of the basics and be able to see economics from every particular situation. From the Banks perspective to the Mortgage holders perspective.
why would anyone pay their mortgage if there was no consequences for defaulting? 
Correct. But in light that evictions like these came under the shambles of the bust, where banks had to be bailed out, then so should the people. I.e. An Exception
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:11pm

What's your solution so? 

I'm one year into a 25 year mortgage, if I stop paying for a few years, won't engage in payment plans etc then I think I would deserve to be turfed out. There's obviously some genuine cases but always reading about people who've not made a payment in years contesting convictions.

I dont know if they are chancers or genuine. tbh. And I agree chancers dont help and are a factor but they arent the main reason why interest rates are so high. Interest rates are high because banks are trying to cream as much profits as they can
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Again, what's the difference between these people and the O'Donnells of Vico Road?

So are this crowd. 

You are basically arguing for the disintegration of the banking system and for everybody to lose their life savings.

There's so much bullsh*t written about evictions in Ireland. Utterly ridicuolus comparisons between the 1880s and freeloading chancers today.

The irony is that the same gobsh*tes who support these chancers are the same people who vilify the genuine poor and homeless. 

The likes of these "Freemen On The Land" crackpots, the so called "New Land League" of ultra-gobsh*te Jerry Beades, and these Yellow Vest gobsh*tes are far right defenders of the idea of a privileged, oligarchic, propertied class. And to hell with everybody else.

In another life, these are the sort of scum who would have been off fighting for Franco in Spain.

I dont know if they are chancers or genuine. I agree there are chancers but they arent the reaon interest rates are high. 

You can have a go at the yellow vests, but they are only the morror image of a banks forceful bailliffs. Why should force be acceptable just because a bank can afford the legal route and hire them.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:16pm

Bit different lending a mate a score as a favour than a six figure loan, taken out against an asset, with a contract signed clearly stating what happens if you default.

I didnt say he was a mate LOL

only messing

Its like the old saying if you owe the bank 1000 euro, your in trouble and if you owe them 1000000 euro they are in trouble. However if you owe them the proce of the mortgage its all your fault, regardless that the bank didnt do their homework and equally were betting on the viability of the property market
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:16pm

What's your solution so? 

I dont know if they are chancers or genuine. tbh. And I agree chancers dont help and are a factor but they arent the main reason why interest rates are so high. Interest rates are high because banks are trying to cream as much profits as they can

Most analysis would say it's to do with people taking an age to be evicted as opposed to the profits.

Do you not think banks should be allowed to make profits? They're commercial companies.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:22pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

So are this crowd. 

I dont know if they are chancers or genuine. I agree there are chancers but they arent the reaon interest rates are high. 

You can have a go at the yellow vests, but they are only the morror image of a banks forceful bailliffs. Why should force be acceptable just because a bank can afford the legal route and hire them.
Who was using force again?

These so called "anti-eviction protestors" ****s set fire to cars and killed dogs. 

Far right thugs, that's what they are.

Lock 'em up.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:45pm
regardless of the background, i find it remarkable that people are relaxed about former udr members being hired by banks down here to drag old people out of their homes. i hope these "security" fellas enjoy their Christmas dinner through a straw.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

regardless of the background, i find it remarkable that people are relaxed about former udr members being hired by banks down here to drag old people out of their homes. i hope these "security" fellas enjoy their Christmas dinner through a straw.
I hope they're ex-Shankill Butchers, and I hope they dish out a few kneecappings on the Roscommon freeloaders for the craic. 

Any chance we could un-dead Lenny Murphy for a couple of days? Big smile

Lenny
Puts a hole in your head for Christmas
Gonna boot out your family

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:59pm

What's your solution so? 

Most analysis would say it's to do with people taking an age to be evicted as opposed to the profits.

Do you not think banks should be allowed to make profits? They're commercial companies.

Its only right that its taking an age to evict people.

Ofcourse they should but the problem is banks are geared toward profits only and without proper control on them profit hunting leads to the detrement of society.

Edited by OohAah... - 17 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:05pm

regardless of the background, i find it remarkable...

After repossession happens it’s not “their home” anymore.

And the concept of roaming vigilantes impeding lawful evictions though violence and destruction is something far more sinister.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:18pm
Yer man owed 429k to Revenue. 

A fooking chancer and a crook.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

And the concept of roaming vigilantes impeding lawful evictions though violence and destruction is something far more sinister.

again i dont know the facts of this case but id suggest if your grandparents were dragged from where they live by a bunch of hired mercenaries you might hold a different view. 

some heartless f**ks on here.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:27pm

again i dont know the facts of this case but id suggest if your grandparents were dragged from where they live by a bunch of hired mercenaries you might hold a different view. 

And if it was one of my relatives hospitalised by a roaming gang of thugs I wouldn’t like it either. But that’s all appealing to emotion, which is pointless. A repossession happens on the back of a long and arduous process. Repossessions don’t happen overnight.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

If they'd paid any tax, made any repayments, or walked out, they wouldn't have been dragged out. 

This case is a trojan horse for the racist far right in this country who offer only misery and the deliberate break down of society, make no mistake.

As are the so called "Yellow Vests".

Gilroy and his likes are unashamedly fascist thugs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic