You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roscommon eviction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Are the details of this particular case in the public domain? Such as what was owed and what attempts had been made at repayment etc? If the house had been in the family for three generations, then it must have been remortgaged so when did that happen?
This crossed my mind too.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:17pm
Banks spin. Bottom line is if they lent money in the correct manner we wouldn't have gotten into the mess. It's great the ways people are blaming a few people who don't pay their mortgages as the reason we have high interest rates.

Dodgy loans from banks are the reason we pay high interest rates now and sure we won't mention banks profits in the last couple of years either!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Tis only the start

what makes you think that? 

I can think of 66,000 reasons. As was reported in the sunday business post last month vulture funds have been given the green light to "clean up the mortgage crisis". They don't do nicely nicely.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Banks spin. Bottom line is if they lent money in the correct manner we wouldn't have gotten into the mess. It's great the ways people are blaming a few people who don't pay their mortgages as the reason we have high interest rates.

Dodgy loans from banks are the reason we pay high interest rates now and sure we won't mention banks profits in the last couple of years either!

What's your solution so? 
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:41pm
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:20pm
Vulture funds will do deals. Banks don’t. However if we want to do a deal with a vulture fund you need to be able to pay them a lump sum. If you owe €300K, your house is worth €150K, and they bought your loan for €90K, chances are they would take €120K to settle. In this case the home owner wins. If it is a bank they will pursue the €300K for the next 50 years and never offer to write off a cent of it.

If you can’t or won’t pay then you are f..ked.

Edited by EdisonCavani - 17 Dec 2018 at 1:20pm
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:28pm

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Tis only the start

what makes you think that? 

I can think of 66,000 reasons. As was reported in the sunday business post last month vulture funds have been given the green light to "clean up the mortgage crisis". They don't do nicely nicely.
what evidence have got for that? Repossessions on homes are tiny in number. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:29pm
Are people missing the real issue here? Thug f**kers of the Loyalist kind coming down from the North to forcefully remove Irish people form their property.

I'm delighted they got attacked.     
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm
Having had a think about this one, I've decided I support the Loyalist paramilitaries in this particular case. 

Bear in mind that I haven't bothered to read up fully on the details of the case through laziness, but still feel entitled to judge based on incomplete information, as that's what everybody on the INTERNET does. 

As somebody from Limerick once said, everybody else is doing it, so why can't I?

The people who launched the violent attack on them are the Roscommon equivalent of the O'Donnells of Vico Road, aren't they?

I bet they're supported by the likes of that utter crackpot and slimeball "Ben of the family Gilroy".

And they killed two dogs. 

f**k them.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Are people missing the real issue here? Thug f**kers of the Loyalist kind coming down from the North to forcefully remove Irish people form their property.

I'm delighted they got attacked.     
Loyalist paramilitaries are Irish too. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Having had a think about this one, I've decided I support the Loyalist paramilitaries in this particular case. 

Bear in mind that I haven't bothered to read up fully on the details of the case through laziness, but still feel entitled to judge based on incomplete information, as that's what everybody on the INTERNET does. 

As somebody from Limerick once said, everybody else is doing it, so why can't I?

The people who launched the violent attack on them are the Roscommon equivalent of the O'Donnells of Vico Road, aren't they?

I bet they're supported by the likes of that utter crackpot and slimeball "Ben of the family Gilroy".

And they killed two dogs. 

f**k them.
LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:06pm
The type of situation that unites the unaffiliated left and the alt right. 

I also find it interesting how the issue of nationality has been raised as it was in Summerhill in the summer. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The type of situation that unites the unaffiliated left and the alt right. 

I also find it interesting how the issue of nationality has been raised as it was in Summerhill in the summer. 
Anybody who invokes "nationality" over these type of things is a gobsh*te.

The housing protest in Dublin was a totally different issue to this. 

The real similarity is between the land hoarders and speculators in Dublin and the likes of the O'Donnells and the Roscommon crowd. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:15pm
Surprise, surprise - Mr. Thug himself is involved. 

And a republican, the loyalists must be sh*tting themselves. If you're such a republican would you like to join me in Roscommon when we put the loyalists scum out if that house, you can go in first and lead the way, keyboard warrior.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anybody who invokes "nationality" over these type of things is a gobsh*te.

The housing protest in Dublin was a totally different issue to this. 

The real similarity is between the land hoarders and speculators in Dublin and the likes of the O'Donnells and the Roscommon crowd. 

Very specific similarity in raising when the private security come from. That was raised then. However, I totally agree that ithe housing protest was vastly different in that the Roscommon case has a particularly sinister edge given what we know about Saturday, which didn’t transpire in Dublin or ever look like happening.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:23pm
Most people will only argue from their own relative economic situation and relate to that.

In a country everyone is complicit. 

If I lent someone 20 pounds,  and they didnt pay me back. Who gets burnt? Me.
Does the Government bail me out? No. 
Can I go to the courts and get a court order to forcibly get the money back by use of force? No

Why is it different for banks?

Because they have the foot on the throat of the economy in a country and government will bail them out. They have too much power and our the 21st century landlords in Ireland.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What's your solution so? 

Short Term: Governments to protect people from eviction. 

Long Term: Education. Economics should be a mandatory subject in schools. It would lead to the next generation been aware of the basics and be able to see economics from every particular situation. From the Banks perspective to the Mortgage holders perspective.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

What's your solution so? 

Short Term: Governments to protect people from eviction. 

Long Term: Education. Economics should be a mandatory subject in schools. It would lead to the next generation been aware of the basics and be able to see economics from every particular situation. From the Banks perspective to the Mortgage holders perspective.
why would anyone pay their mortgage if there was no consequences for defaulting? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic