You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roscommon eviction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:44am
the unfortunate thing about Gilroy is his supporters. they are the kind of people who head to hatch 13 on a Thursday with their Celtic jersey on while whistling to the Wolfe Tones. few posters in this thread can relate to these boyos 

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 19 Dec 2018 at 8:47am
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Delighted those northern thugs got battered and delighted KBC are being made look like fools. I don't disagree that a man can't be evicted from his home although they should take other assets first with the home as the very last option. They also shouldn't be kicking anyone out so close to Christmas.

But my problem is lads who are not Irish coming into our country and kicking people out of their homes. The banks should be hiring Irish security companies. 

LOL LOL LOL LOL

I don't consider a bunch of Scottish planters to be Irish. The good half up north I do however. 
Do you consider Kylie Minogue to be Australian?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

N
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Doc, serious question, what is your stance on unification and Brexit? if you wish to keep that private that’s fine.

I don’t understand the question heartfelt what are these 2 unachievable things you speak of ?

Essentially, do you have an opinion on unification of the Island of Ireland and Brexit?
Why ? Do you reckon my opinion would have any bearing on the powers that be ? Why such a question on a totally different thread ? we’re you trying to be funny ? I know 1 are  sole who thought you were, so maybe I missed the joke , but just to be clear I have offered no opinion whatsoever on either of your questions on this forum but would be glad to discuss with you over a pint sometime in the future Thumbs Up

I would be interested to see your stance, having read your posts. Not just yours, the many who are complaining about ‘former UDR members coming down here’. Like it or not, the U.K. is still in the EU and companies there can tender for work south of the border, be they builders, barmen or private security. As can Irish firms apply for work in Germany. Free movement of labour and services. 

Also, the UDR was a British army regiment, which it was legal to be a member of and, while it had a very negative element amongst its membership, there were undoubtedly some members who were not involved in paramilitaries, and the leadership of the UDR took action against some of its members who crossed the line. Any United Ireland is going to have to accommodate not only the UDR members who were not involved in illegality, as well as those who were, and allow them the esteem of citizenship. 

So someone who takes issue with northerners being allowed to carry out a legal task here, or UDR men being allowed to do that same task, seems to me to be someone who is not in the correct mindset for Irish unity or EU integration.

But I suspect that these very same people are also those who are first to pardon Irish militant republicanism of the late 20th century and to bemoan Brexit. Essentially their United ireland view is mono-cultural extension of the border to include the whole island, little change to 26 county life, and a pogrom of unionists. 
Unfortunately I think a lot of these people are deeply confused between what is actual Republicanism and what is nationalism. 

I'd like to see a 32 county Irish Republic. Britain has always treated this island as a colony and still does.

But I'm not an Irish nationalist.

I've increasingly come to believe that nationalism is a severe mental illness, precisely because it is mono-ethnic and mono-cultural by nature, and the logical outcome of mono-ethnicism and mono-culturalism is the gas chambers of Auschwitz.

I've no problem with former UDR members working in the south of Ireland, much as I despise the organisation they were a part of.

That's sort of, you know, why there was a peace process and all that.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:34am
Regrettably, this is the form of strike back in Ireland, which has brought us Trump and Brexit in the US and UKWhat we have got here is a willingness to play to a nationalist gallery, with a large dollop of anti-British sentiment. The required mental gymnastics are easy to do to morally justify. It’s focussed, it’s retaliatory and it can be viewed as a different form of nationalism, as it is not the grubby sort which is part of a post-colonial/imperial mentality. But it is just as toxic and just as exclusive, and it is just as ridiculous.

A pluralist, United Ireland is the only way unification will be satisfactorily achieved, which will be inclusive of people of a different mindset, be it political, cultural, religious etc.

My original point which ilikeflynn has very capably expanded on, and further by Sid, is that the relevance of Unification and Brexit is that if you believe in unification, and wish for Brexit to be repudiated, an objection to where the security staff come from is inconsistent. They have the right to be here, and a Republican should automatically agree with this. Also, if you oppose Brexit, by implication you agree with the rights to freely move and work, and in turn a hard border or a customs border (both of which are incredibly bad and would hark back to the bad times) in a Brexit situation could impact the ability of such people to work here freely. Again, I would see it as inconsistent.

Those who feed this mindset are playing a dangerous game. Also, there are people who will feed this as they have a very strong vested interest in undermining the system of repossessions and foreclosure. Rather than looking to legal or regulatory defence harking back to history, which is abusively compared to the modern situation, is done in order to whip up tensions and appeal to nationalist sentiment. It is inappropriate.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:06pm

Regrettably, this is the form of strike back in Ireland, which has brought us Trump and Brexit in the US and UKWhat we have got here is a willingness to play to a nationalist gallery, with a large dollop of anti-British sentiment. The required mental gymnastics are easy to do to morally justify. It’s focussed, it’s retaliatory and it can be viewed as a different form of nationalism, as it is not the grubby sort which is part of a post-colonial/imperial mentality. But it is just as toxic and just as exclusive, and it is just as ridiculous.

A pluralist, United Ireland is the only way unification will be satisfactorily achieved, which will be inclusive of people of a different mindset, be it political, cultural, religious etc.

My original point which ilikeflynn has very capably expanded on, and further by Sid, is that the relevance of Unification and Brexit is that if you believe in unification, and wish for Brexit to be repudiated, an objection to where the security staff come from is inconsistent. They have the right to be here, and a Republican should automatically agree with this. Also, if you oppose Brexit, by implication you agree with the rights to freely move and work, and in turn a hard border or a customs border (both of which are incredibly bad and would hark back to the bad times) in a Brexit situation could impact the ability of such people to work here freely. Again, I would see it as inconsistent.

Those who feed this mindset are playing a dangerous game. Also, there are people who will feed this as they have a very strong vested interest in undermining the system of repossessions and foreclosure. Rather than looking to legal or regulatory defence harking back to history, which is abusively compared to the modern situation, is done in order to whip up tensions and appeal to nationalist sentiment. It is inappropriate.

"where" they come from is irrelevant. the issue is why are banks down here, paying security firms made up of loyalist paramilitaries to violently boot people out of their homes. possibly illegally. their brutality was met with equal brutality which regrettably was necessary as our garda are totally inept.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:12pm
Randy, you’ve totally contradicted yourself with the “ Banks down here” remark. Why should it matter where the bank’s employ the people from? Particularly as they are being hired from the North.

Also, I’d be interested to know where you see this possible illegality in the eviction? If you’re going on the footage, we can only speculate as to what happened in the run up to the filming. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:24pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:21pm

Randy, you’ve totally contradicted yourself with the “ Banks down here” remark. Why should it matter where the bank’s employ the people from? Particularly as they are being hired from the North.

Also, I’d be interested to know where you see this possible illegality in the eviction? If you’re going on the footage, we can only speculate as to what happened in the run up to the filming. 
I think the problem, and it is a problem, albeit one that is being lost as people solely discuss their political and religious  background, is their personal background and way of doing it. 
Hiring thugs and goons, whether Irish, British or Greek, to physically turf people out,   especially the two seemingly  innocent parties in this eviction, is causing a big mess for everyone.
Adding in people with a loyalist background in the  north, while it should be  irrelevant, it is making a rod for their own back. This is especially true when you have groups like Gilroy's spouting irrelevant pseudo-nationalism.
There is no doubt that that aspect was incredibly careless.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think the problem, and it is a problem, albeit one that is being lost as people solely discuss their political and religious  background, is their personal background and way of doing it
Hiring thugs and goons, whether Irish, British or Greek, to physically turf people out,   especially the two seemingly  innocent parties in this eviction, is causing a big mess for everyone.
Adding in people with a loyalist background in the  north, while it should be  irrelevant, it is making a rod for their own back. This is especially true when you have groups like Gilroy's spouting irrelevant pseudo-nationalism.
There is no doubt that that aspect was incredibly careless.

agree with pm here. atleast the english can get professional gammon heads to do the job and make channel 5 tv programmes out of it.

anyway, regardless, to me the thought of anyone being physically evicted on the orders of a bank sicken me. especially given their record. there has to be more human ways of dealing with these issues. sending loyalists down rural communities in Ireland isn't the way of doing this.  

regarding the legality of the eviction until we know the full story its hard to say. the other tenants certainly had rights based on their tenure in the property. irrespective, the brutal manner of the eviction is surely not legal. didnt a neighbour/ ex-guard have teeth broken by this security mob?  how is that legal?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
But it’s not on the order of a Bank. It will be on the basis of a court order. Normally, the Bank will make an application to repossess the property, and will lay out all the efforts made to ensure the mortgage is redeemed. This will range from early letters requesting repayments, letters advising continuing default will result in legal action being taken, evidence of default (mortgage account particulars), and evidence of any cooperation from the borrower. The Bank only can legally do so once the legal due diligence has been completed. They don’t just show up without warning.

PM hits the nail on the head when he makes mention of the cultural insensitivity. I can totally agree with that. There are more sensitive approaches that can be employed However, people have to know that it’s not an argument in this case, and it goes to
Sid’s point about Republican v Nationalist.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:11pm

But it’s not on the order of a Bank. It will be on the basis of a court order. Normally, the Bank will make an application to repossess the property, and will lay out all the efforts made to ensure the mortgage is redeemed. This will range from early letters requesting repayments, letters advising continuing default will result in legal action being taken, evidence of default (mortgage account particulars), and evidence of any cooperation from the borrower. The Bank only can legally do so once the legal due diligence has been completed. They don’t just show up without warning.

PM hits the nail on the head when he makes mention of the cultural insensitivity. I can totally agree with that. There are more sensitive approaches that can be employed However, people have to know that it’s not an argument in this case, and it goes to
Leaving cultural insensitivity aside, as it should be, maybe getting somebody professional would have been a start!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Leaving cultural insensitivity aside, as it should be, maybe getting somebody professional would have been a start!

Image result for bodie and doyle
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:24pm
I see Gilroy is very much attempting a return to the public domain. New social media posts popping up. The Haughton J judgement makes for very interesting reading.

Edited by Het-field - 19 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 4:53pm
Just on the evictions, I'd imagine a lot of people who just stop paying anything make the logical conclusion early on that they are losing their home, they have paid x amount for it already which they will loseso may as well live in the house for as long as possible. If I was faced with a smiliar situation I'd do  the same. Amd when they came round to take the property I'd have made plans for that long in advance. 

Just curious here for those in the banking world. Someone is in arrears and they have paid 30,000 so far on a house that cost 300,000. They are never gonna afford to pay it off. Let's say the house would now be sold for €315,000 do the banks ever make a deal and say look you've paid 30k - when we sell the house we can give you 10k back from it once it's sold? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Just on the evictions, I'd imagine a lot of people who just stop paying anything make the logical conclusion early on that they are losing their home, they have paid x amount for it already which they will loseso may as well live in the house for as long as possible. If I was faced with a smiliar situation I'd do  the same. Amd when they came round to take the property I'd have made plans for that long in advance. 

Just curious here for those in the banking world. Someone is in arrears and they have paid 30,000 so far on a house that cost 300,000. They are never gonna afford to pay it off. Let's say the house would now be sold for €315,000 do the banks ever make a deal and say look you've paid 30k - when we sell the house we can give you 10k back from it once it's sold? 

Not only do they, they have to.

If the proceeds of sale are in excess of the amount outstanding and the costs of sale, the excess goes to the borrower. Of course, the costs of sale can miraculously be more than for a normal house sale, but there you have it.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 5:12pm
But in practice, within the contemporary market and over the course of the past ten years, I would have thought it unlikely that many properties would see in excess of the originally inflated price, and as a result the initial contribution may cover the shortfall.

Also, if you’re on an interest only mortgage, I would have thought that until you start paying down the capital you would be effectively paying the cost of the loan, and even if the house sold for an excess of the  original capital price, you could be scuppered from getting anything back if the interest exceeds the price bump?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 6:08pm

I saw a video from a far right Scottish kunt called Jim Dowson heavily siding with the evictees over the thugs sent by “that Indian fella” Varadkar. Apparently you won’t have seen any “Varadkars in the GPO in 1916”. 
Interesting. I would have thought Loyalist Paramilitaries would have been right up his street what with the “there’s no black in the Union Jack” and all that sh*te. However he is on board with the Republican dissidents instead. Maybe this can be the struggle that brings all sides of this island together. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 19 Dec 2018 at 6:08pm
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I saw a video from a far right Scottish kunt called Jim Dowson heavily siding with the evictees over the thugs sent by “that Indian fella” Varadkar. Apparently you won’t have seen any “Varadkars in the GPO in 1916”. 
Interesting. I would have thought Loyalist Paramilitaries would have been right up his street what with the “there’s no black in the Union Jack” and all that sh*te. However he is on board with the Republican dissidents instead. Maybe this can be the struggle that brings all sides of this island together. 
In fairness to Jim, he is a Scottish nationalist too. He believes an independent Scotland would be free 'from Islamification'.
A touch of Willie Frazer about him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic