You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roscommon eviction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roscommon eviction
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:13am
crazy story. what on earth are the banks hiring nordy security firms for evictions. any local knowledge of t this?

No doubt where these's boys are from either... (3 min of video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONWPDmTfIJA

Edited by randyrandolph - 17 Dec 2018 at 8:18am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:53am
Tis only the start
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Tis only the start

what makes you think that? 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:54am
They deserved everything they got on Sunday morning. The likes of the KBC bank brought it upon themselves by these heavy handed tactics and the use of ex loyalist paramilitaries for eviction purposes. I hope some of those boys got a right taste of their own medicine. They'll be whinging to the Irish authorities about protection now while they have nothing but disdain for anything Irish.
'I'm British' says it all.
Gardai standing by, hampered by the law. is also causing division in communities. AT least they weren't doing the dirty work like the Corrib gas field protests.
f**k that security firm back where they came from!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:42am
The people involved here broke back into the property after being evicted via the courts, which takes an unreal amount of time. That's the reason we are all paying the highest Rates in europe. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:00am
Ironically the Big Short was on TV on saturday
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:11am
Isnt it hypocrital, that its legal for the banks to use force in an eviction but for citizens to never use force to get their way.

It shows how the system is biased toward the moneyed 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:17am
The lads involved here are in contempt of a court order. Probably haven't made a payment this decade. Sure let everyone keep their homes with no repayments and no consequences if they don't. That will work. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The lads involved here are in contempt of a court order. Probably haven't made a payment this decade. Sure let everyone keep their homes with no repayments and no consequences if they don't. That will work. 

Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:40am

Works with the FAI and the GAA down at PUCLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:52am
Maybe if the banks adhered to their own rules and didn't lend money to people that on the balance of probabilities, wouldn't be able to pay it back. It's very easy to highlight instances where someone abuses the system but there are plenty of cases where banks and vulture funds have bullied people into situations and refused to offer any sort of reasonable deal despite purchasing the debt for relatively small money. Plenty of people have taken their own life as a result of such bullying.

It's very easy for banks to wipe the blood from their hands once they have sold on the loans. I could give you countless examples of people who were given mortgages by banks and their employees knowing full well they were breaking every rule in the book but sure what matter their balance sheet looked good and the commission kept roling in.

Same with a lot of farms, particularly dairy farms with banks throwing money at farmers to modernise etc and then milk quota's go down the swanee. Banks should share some of the risk!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:55am

Are the details of this particular case in the public domain? Such as what was owed and what attempts had been made at repayment etc? If the house had been in the family for three generations, then it must have been remortgaged so when did that happen?
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:58am

That's the reason we are all paying the highest Rates in europe. 

Nail on the head.

They'll be portrayed as martyrs, but they're the reason:
1. Mortgage holders are being charged more than we need to.
2. Potential homeowners who could afford to live in these houses can't buy them.

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:00pm
The bank won't comment and it suits the PR agenda of the borrowers to lie. Evictions on family homes are next to impossible in Ireland. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:00pm
Also made a 400k settlement with Revenue in the last few years 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

That's the reason we are all paying the highest Rates in europe. 

Nail on the head.

They'll be portrayed as martyrs, but they're the reason:
1. Mortgage holders are being charged more than we need to.
2. Potential homeowners who could afford to live in these houses can't buy them.

I don't have a mortgage, so I have heard this reason come up recently. Is is true though? Don't the car insurance spin the high premiums are due to high whiplash payouts, when that isn't the truth? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Ironically the Big Short was on TV on saturday
Watched it for the first time.

Interesting and infuriating at the same time.

The average working man taxpayer getting constantly screwed from time began.

Hitler was right in a way.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 12:15pm
Rates here are almost double the lowest rates in europe. Its a function of the high percentage of unprofitable trackers and inability to repossess on defaulted debt. 

Edited by Saint Tom - 17 Dec 2018 at 12:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic