You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rorys Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Rory’s videos are comedy for simpletons 

Example, Ireland’s first game in the rugby World Cup he posted a video of basically someone just getting out of bed early and putting on an Irish rugby jersey 
Nothing humorous about it 
You weren't saying that 5 years ago.

LOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:02pm

Example, Ireland’s first game in the rugby World Cup he posted a video of basically someone just getting out of bed early and putting on an Irish rugby jersey 

I thought they would be for people who like them. People like different forms of comedy, e.g. some people hate its always sunny in Philadelphia,  others think it's the funniest TV show in history.
Who is right, who is wrong? 

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Oct 2019 at 7:04pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:28am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I thought they would be for people who like them. People like different forms of comedy, e.g. some people hate its always sunny in Philadelphia,  others think it's the funniest TV show in history.

Comedy is extremely subjective, there is no question of that. That doesn’t change the fact that you immediately know someone is a bit of a knob if he finds something like this Rory lad or that fella shouting ‘Kathleen’ funny. There has to something at least mildly wrong with them, which is most likely to be they are a bit f**king thick.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 2:38pm

I would imagine that his following would include the sorts of people who went to see "Coppers - The Musical". Now I've never seen that particular production and know very little about it but I can assure you that it must be complete sh*te. 
El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Comedy is extremely subjective, there is no question of that. That doesn’t change the fact that you immediately know someone is a bit of a knob if he finds something like this Rory lad or that fella shouting ‘Kathleen’ funny. There has to something at least mildly wrong with them, which is most likely to be they are a bit f**king thick.

I’m not going to back Rory to the hilt, I think he is cringe and it’s getting worse, it’s eye rolling stuff what you see popping up on FB these days. It’s like it’s gone to his head!

But i think it’s a bit unfair to slate people for liking his stuff and I wouldn’t say they are thick. It’s like with Star Trek if you like that you are a geek, or wrestling your a big child and something wrong with you. Different people have different tastes and each to their own and if you happen to be a person who doesn’t ‘get it’ then just move along and leave people to it. It’s healthy when people have things that lighten up their days. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 4:49pm
If you like Star Trek you probably are a geek! Anybody I know who likes the programme would identify as such! And most adults who like wrestling would probably admit that it is the childish simplicity of the whole thing that attracts them to it.

As subjective as comedy is, you can probably tell a lot by the sort of comedy they like. If they like Jim Davidson there is a good chance they are racist, if they like Rory or the like I think it is fair to assume that they do not think to deeply about things.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If you like Star Trek you probably are a geek! Anybody I know who likes the programme would identify as such! And most adults who like wrestling would probably admit that it is the childish simplicity of the whole thing that attracts them to it.

As subjective as comedy is, you can probably tell a lot by the sort of comedy they like. If they like Jim Davidson there is a good chance they are racist, if they like Rory or the like I think it is fair to assume that they do not think to deeply about things.

Too

Edited by Trap junior - 10 Oct 2019 at 5:04pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:39pm
Thanks.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:37pm
Didnt deserve its own thread. 

Darren Conway, this lad is not funny whatsoever. I've watched his stuff wondering whats supposed to be funny about it? Anybody? 

Edited by McG - 02 May 2020 at 11:39pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Darren Conway, this lad is not funny whatsoever. I've watched his stuff wondering whats supposed to be funny about it? Anybody? 

It seems to be talking like a Dub is the punchline 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 12:17am
I thought 1 or 2 of them were funny but a load of them aren’t.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:39am
His early stuff about 6/7 was funny enough. None of his more recent stuff is funny at all, yet his popularity has soared as he started having the craic with Mary Lou, etc.

About 4/5 years ago, I was on an Aer Lingus flight and one of his sketches was on the in-flight entertainment randomly enough.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:26pm
Paddy were quick to rope him in and all knowing that young stupid Dublin scrotes are his demographic.

Parasites 

And he's not funny
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 3:48pm
Ah some of his stuff would give you a laugh. There are people far less funny on TV making a career out of comedy. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His early stuff about 6/7 was funny enough. None of his more recent stuff is funny at all, yet his popularity has soared as he started having the craic with Mary Lou, etc.

About 4/5 years ago, I was on an Aer Lingus flight and one of his sketches was on the in-flight entertainment randomly enough.

I would have prayed for a plane crash if he was on the in-flight entertainment. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Ah some of his stuff would give you a laugh. There are people far less funny on TV making a career out of comedy. 
This. 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 6:49pm
if this is what passes for comedy Cry

absolutely dreadful
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic