Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ronney banned for two games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 6:01pm
Barton was caught on camera cursing wonder will the FA ban him for 2 matches Ermm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 6:06pm
What happened ?
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

What happened ?

Wasn't like Rooney last week as such but you'd clearly see what he was saying. Rooney wasn't done for 'swearing into the camera' he was done for using foul and abusive language.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Barton was caught on camera cursing wonder will the FA ban him for 2 matches Ermm

Amazing Barton wasn't booked for his rant at the Ref, was clearly seen telling him to f**k off. you see that all the time and refs dont book players for it, then theyre going on about a respect campaign!

Dont know what he was complaining at anyway, was a clear foul on Ashley Young
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:06am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1375248/Kenny-Dalglish-The-FA-house-order-dishing-punishment.html
Wouldn't be his biggest fan but Dalglish makes some common sense points here.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:24am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1375248/Kenny-Dalglish-The-FA-house-order-dishing-punishment.html

I'm not really sure what Daglish is getting at there though - are the F.A supposed to just rescind all punishments until they 'put their house in order' as he calls it? I suppose it's a clever enough piece in that it ignores the crux of the issue and has a pop at everyone's mutual enemy - the F.A.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

I'm not really sure what Daglish is getting at there though - are the F.A supposed to just rescind all punishments until they 'put their house in order' as he calls it? I suppose it's a clever enough piece in that it ignores the crux of the issue and has a pop at everyone's mutual enemy - the F.A.

Think you're missing the point Devrozex, there's bigger issues wrong with the English game than Rooney swearing at a camera (and by the way before anyone starts, I'm not standing up for him at all, what he did was stupid). Plus, the second paragraph below makes a very good point about Sky repeating it endlessly to make it a story.

It’s disconcerting to see the FA so happy to take the moral high ground and dish out punishments when their own house doesn’t always seem to be in order.

I think United are the biggest losers in this, going to Wembley without their best player. They have been punished more than anyone, certainly more than any television viewer who briefly caught Rooney’s outburst at Upton Park.
That was over so quickly, I don’t think most people would have realised what was said without all the repeats.

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:16am
Seaniemac accusing someone of missing the point

Charlie nicholas wrote a good article on it in yesterdays sunday world

THE English FA are completely and utterly out of line in handing Wayne Rooney a two-match ban.

I couldn't believe it when I discovered the Manchester United striker had received such a severe punishment for swearing into the cameras last weekend as he celebrated scoring a goal against West Ham United.

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:20am
Dunphy+Richie Sadlier both think the suspension was crazy,in there weekend colomns
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:42am
I'm aware there are far bigger issues within the English game than Rooney swearing at a T.V camera, I just think it's a bit silly to say the F.A aren't in a position to issue punishments until they look at themselves first.

Anyway this point has been argued to death and it's getting fairly tedious at this stage. Rooney was wrong, he should have been fined but received a ban instead. Most people agree that was harsh, but it's hardly the greatest injustice of all time. Besides, Ferguson has used the incident to his advantage quite well in the last week or so - building up the aul siege mentality within his squad.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:54am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

THE English FA are completely and utterly out of line in handing Wayne Rooney a two-match ban.

I couldn't believe it when I discovered the Manchester United striker had received such a severe punishment for swearing into the cameras last weekend as he celebrated scoring a goal against West Ham United.

Charlie Nicholas = Gimp

Sunday World = Rag.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Seaniemac accusing someone of missing the point Charlie nicholas wrote a good article on it in yesterdays sunday world THE English FA are completely and utterly out of line in handing Wayne Rooney a two-match ban. I couldn't believe it when I discovered the Manchester United striker had received such a severe punishment for swearing into the cameras last weekend as he celebrated scoring a goal against West Ham United.

Charlie Nicholas = Gimp

Sunday World = Rag.

Sunday world is a rag

Nicholas knows his stuff though
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 7:49am

Think you should have wrote this Johnnie Cochran

'Seaniemac accusing someone who isn't me of missing the point Shocked" It might have been funnier for most people.

And by the way, Charlie Nicholas, good article and the Sunday World all in one sentence?! I always knew you were a joke but didn't realise you were a comedian! Well done, you've actually gone up in my estimation.

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm aware there are far bigger issues within the English game than Rooney swearing at a T.V camera, I just think it's a bit silly to say the F.A aren't in a position to issue punishments until they look at themselves first.

Anyway this point has been argued to death and it's getting fairly tedious at this stage. Rooney was wrong, he should have been fined but received a ban instead. Most people agree that was harsh, but it's hardly the greatest injustice of all time. Besides, Ferguson has used the incident to his advantage quite well in the last week or so - building up the aul siege mentality within his squad.
Agree with all you said there in the second paragraph. I don't think Dalglish is saying that (first paragraph) though, think he is saying Rooney swearing is a media driven thing and the FA needed to be seen to do something about it cos Sky made such a big deal about it. Whereas, the infighting in the FA probably has more potential damaging implications on the game in England.
Again though, it was Rooney's fault in the first place.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:40am

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Seaniemac accusing someone of missing the point Charlie nicholas wrote a good article on it in yesterdays sunday world THE English FA are completely and utterly out of line in handing Wayne Rooney a two-match ban. I couldn't believe it when I discovered the Manchester United striker had received such a severe punishment for swearing into the cameras last weekend as he celebrated scoring a goal against West Ham United.

Charlie Nicholas = Gimp

Sunday World = Rag.

AYE, he

Sunday world is a rag

Nicholas knows his stuff though

can tell a moet from a cristal just from hearing the cork pop.

Edited by Clonbhoy - 12 Apr 2011 at 8:33am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Amazing Barton wasn't booked for his rant at the Ref, was clearly seen telling him to f**k off. you see that all the time and refs dont book players for it, then theyre going on about a respect campaign!

they made an example of rooney as regards shouting to camera, they should have made another of barton as regards abusing the official , they could stamp all this out if they wanted too
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

they made an example of rooney as regards shouting to camera, they should have made another of barton as regards abusing the official , they could stamp all this out if they wanted too

of course they could, simple rules if u swear at an official you get a yellow card, it would quickly eradicate it from the game
how does that young ref  from sunday expect to be respected when he allowed Barton to scream at him like a piece of dirt?
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:01am

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

of course they could, simple rules if u swear at an official you get a yellow card, it would quickly eradicate it from the game
how does that young ref  from sunday expect to be respected when he allowed Barton to scream at him like a piece of dirt?

Those rules are already there. They just aren't being enforced by the officials.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic