You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ronan Curtis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Curtis isn’t left footed. 

LOL
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Has 7 senior international caps for ireland and winner of the ireland u21 player of the year in 2018.

Still only 25 so can still improve. I'd have him over horgan and ogbene. 
Ogbene showed more in those 10 minutes when he got on against Hungary than Curtis has in an Ireland jersey.

Comparing apples and oranges there, Ronan did well against Andorra and I got an assist.

The last game he played with any real time on the pitch was against Bulgaria and he did well.

Hes playing his best football at the moment and deserves a chance on merit.
Didn’t Curtis miss an easy chance against Bulgaria? 1 on 1 with the keeper and ballooned it a mile over the bar.

He’s not good enough for us.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 8:51pm

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Has 7 senior international caps for ireland and winner of the ireland u21 player of the year in 2018.

Still only 25 so can still improve. I'd have him over horgan and ogbene. 
Ogbene showed more in those 10 minutes when he got on against Hungary than Curtis has in an Ireland jersey.

Comparing apples and oranges there, Ronan did well against Andorra and I got an assist.

The last game he played with any real time on the pitch was against Bulgaria and he did well.

Hes playing his best football at the moment and deserves a chance on merit.

1 assist against Andorra and you drop Ogbene, a lad who has scored 2 for us and put in great performances? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:03pm
Curtis's games for Ireland came when the players were still trying to adapt to Kenny's system, under performing, not scoring goals and not getting results either. So it was a difficult time.

Ogbene came into a more settled side so was able to adapt more easily. 

I wouldn't be against seeing Curtis come in again for another opportunity. He's got good pace, movement and can score goals.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:04pm
On the bench tonight! Our players seem to become better when they’re not playing.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:22pm
i wouldn’t worry about Curtis to much if we need him in a squad again we know we are finished.

Blessed to have got a cap wouldn’t have got in at any other time in the last 30 years.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:37pm
curtis hasnt scored a league goal since october ffs.

there are about 10 players ahead of him a this stage.
Birdcracker View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdcracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:00am
Waste of a cap .if we are going to bring in a Portsmouth player then it would be Marcus Harness. Curtis was a better player 4 years ago than he is now. 

Edited by Birdcracker - 19 Jan 2022 at 5:01am
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 8:20am
Agreed, Harness is a far better player
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 8:29am
https://twitter.com/JonathanFAI/status/1483550556975210504?s=20

The CEO went to see Portsmouth last night, particularly Gavin and Roman (sic). No mention of Marcus! 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:29am
Probably doesn't know Harness is eligible.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 3:34pm
Portsmouth looking to move Curtis on this summer.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 12:18pm
Curtis is 26 and not doing much. the window for him to come good has passed.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Curtis is 26 and not doing much. the window for him to come good has passed.

I might be mistaken but I think he actually turned down a move to a Championship team to stay at Portsmouth a couple of seasons ago. Bad decision in hindsight if true. His stock has plummeted since then.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 1:12pm
Worse mistake he made was signing that new contract two years ago. Should have moved then on a free and took his chance in the higher division.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 2:43pm
Even aside from his club form, it's been clear from his international appearances that he's not good enough.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 2:49pm
I would say he's done more than enough at Portsmouth to suggest he could make the step up to Championship, but I couldn't see him rising any higher than that.
We're decent enough..
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Even aside from his club form, it's been clear from his international appearances that he's not good enough.

He'll score a couple of goals next season and the usual brigade will be on here looking for him to startLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic