Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roma fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
Why did poor mans owns fans just look on. Havent heard anything this evening but hope he is recovering from the attack. No one should come home hurt from a football match.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:18pm
Has had surgery, and will be heavily sedated for the next 48 hours before they find out the extent of the damage.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I've always felt one of the main reasons our game was in Bari 9 years ago was because the Italian FA knew the Irish fans wouldn't get grief down there IMO. (Same went for the Scots game in the previous campaign)

fake news.

Do the same ultra fanatics follow the italian national team ? Same as the irish ultras in club football are not seen too much for the national team
The Ultras wouldn't always be hooligans.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
I met the man who was attacked last night a few times at social occasions. Nice genial fella. From what I've been told he was at the pub with his brother to collect match tickets and got a smack which made him unconscious so he couldn't protect his head when he hit the ground. When his brother and some others tried to help him they were kicked and hit with belt buckles. Believe that LFC have been very supportive of his family and are giving any assistance required. Time will tell if the surgery has been a success. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 11:19pm
Wouldn't be the worst thing to kick Roma out of the competition for such repeat behaviour by their fans. They won't be long learning their lesson then! 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:29am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Italian football has a serious hooligan problem, which it has never addressed. 

I'd think twice about going to Rome next week if I had a ticket. 

It’s not just the Roma ultras you need to be wary of, the Italian riot police don’t mess about. They seem to be thugs in uniform, they went in batons flying on the United fans a few years back.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:41am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Wouldn't be the worst thing to kick Roma out of the competition for such repeat behaviour by their fans. They won't be long learning their lesson then! 

And what of the possible failures of the police? There's an argument Roma fans should not have been allowed to get down Venmore Street and that it should have been either closed off or properly guarded. Any alleged failures of stewarding within the vicinity of the stadium are, as far as UEFA are concerned, the responsibility of the host club. The regulations say:

"Host clubs and national associations are responsible for order and security both inside and around the stadium before, during and after matches. They are liable for incidents of any kind and may be subject to disciplinary measures and directives unless they can prove that they have not been negligent in any way in the organisation of the match."

Liverpool FC may have been negligent, along with the police, in not directing that Venmore Street be closed. The police may not have properly staffed it. This may have been basic crowd control, right outside the stadium. There could well be more to this than just Roma fans attacking in an unexpected way.

At the moment, it is hard to tell exactly who is to blame, but it may not just be Roma facing sanction, although there is no doubt they may well face sanction, whether you agree or not.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 8:52am

Ah SD, whatever about some process failures, it's pretty clear who is mainly to blame here. 
El Puto Amo
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

nonsense. this behavior goes on at several matches in the UK every week. poor policing is to blame here. and of course the scumbag group of roma fans but i guess that goes without saying.

any update on the irish fella?
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 9:22am
Fingers crossed for him. They are filthy cowards. Nice stint in a scouse jail will thoughen them up.

Still amazed at how quiet is seemed outside the Kop for a big game. Most were probably in the ground.

Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Fingers crossed for him. They are filthy cowards. Nice stint in a scouse jail will thoughen them up.

Still amazed at how quiet is seemed outside the Kop for a big game. Most were probably in the ground.

Apparently it was 5 odd minutes before kick off. Probably arrived at that time as they realised it would be ideal to pick on a few stragglers. Shocking that 100s of fans stood and watched that happen. Merseyside police amd Liverpool FCs security have some serious questions to answer as to how 20 Italian hooligans practically dressed in a uniform were able to access the back of the Kop carrying weapons. English football fans seem to have become a prized target for hooligans from the mainland and I personally wouldn't dream of following an English club to the continental Europe.

One lad I work with, a self proclaimed Irish Republican, was rejoicing in work that 'The Scousers got turned over at their own place'. A thought process I found repugnant. One of his fellow countrymen is lying in a coma and he is delighting in it because it proves one English teams fans are softer than English fans of the English clib he supports. Pathetic really. 
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Apparently it was 5 odd minutes before kick off. Probably arrived at that time as they realised it would be ideal to pick on a few stragglers. Shocking that 100s of fans stood and watched that happen. Merseyside police amd Liverpool FCs security have some serious questions to answer as to how 20 Italian hooligans practically dressed in a uniform were able to access the back of the Kop carrying weapons. English football fans seem to have become a prized target for hooligans from the mainland and I personally wouldn't dream of following an English club to the continental Europe.

One lad I work with, a self proclaimed Irish Republican, was rejoicing in work that 'The Scousers got turned over at their own place'. A thought process I found repugnant. One of his fellow countrymen is lying in a coma and he is delighting in it because it proves one English teams fans are softer than English fans of the English clib he supports. Pathetic really. 

That lad would want neutering 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

To be fair to him he expressed sympathy for Sean Cox.....but continued to described Manchester United as we and reference the time they were beaten back from an attack at Old Trafford and continued for hours about how Scousers think they are hard but dissapeared when it 'kicked off' and that 'they' don't have a 'real firm'. 

You know the type anyway.. wears a tight fitting football top while watching BT sport in his house. Refers to Conor McGregor as Conor like he is his best mate and most annoyingly has too much wet look gel on his fat ginger Monaghan head. 

It actually sickened me how he could use the disgraceful actions of Roma fans as a point scoring exercise because he spends time screaming at a TV in 'support' of ManYoo. Especially as an Irishman is in a coma as the result of their actions. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

To be fair to him he expressed sympathy for Sean Cox.....but continued to described Manchester United as we and reference the time they were beaten back from an attack at Old Trafford and continued for hours about how Scousers think they are hard but dissapeared when it 'kicked off' and that 'they' don't have a 'real firm'. 

You know the type anyway.. wears a tight fitting football top while watching BT sport in his house. Refers to Conor McGregor as Conor like he is his best mate and most annoyingly has too much wet look gel on his fat ginger Monaghan head. 

It actually sickened me how he could use the disgraceful actions of Roma fans as a point scoring exercise because he spends time screaming at a TV in 'support' of ManYoo. Especially as an Irishman is in a coma as the result of their actions. 

Yah sorry for getting carried away earlier. Tongue

He's probably the type of fool that blindly took Keane's side over Saipan and turned his back on his national team because United's captain could do no wrong. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 5:05pm

Refers to Conor McGregor as Conor like he is his best mate and most annoyingly has too much wet look gel on his fat ginger Monaghan head. 

Wait a second.....What were you doing talking to a ginger culchie? Nothing good could ever come from that situation. 
El Puto Amo
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
Hope Sean pulls through respect to Liverpool re GAA shirts in the dressing room today.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 7:04pm
I see Roma were training today in tops bearing the words "Forza Sean"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic