You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 8:44am
Turned up at about 5, left about 11 was getting a bit obnoxious, seen a young lad fall off a curb infront of a supermarket and land under a car. f**ker got pinned by his jacket few inches his head would have being pulped

Edited by armahibee - 13 Jun 2016 at 8:46am
Sponsored Links

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Carnage in Montmartre/Pigalle last night. I'm sure it was great fun during the day and early evening.
But the amounts of coked up, completely legless/sh*tfaced, passed out people was unreal. A very tense and aggressive atmosphere I found. 

Some lads breaking stuff, pissing against front doors, windows, jumping on vans and basically acting like pricks. Piss, blood and fights all over.

Never felt as alien on an away trip. A new crowd is joining us and they just seem to disregard normal ethics and have a different view on what is 'fun' stuff.

I'll gladly avoid scenes like that again. It was just cringe worthy and downright shameful at times.

Deffo a new element, way beyond anything seen in Poland. They'll be inviting trouble on themselves and us as the police here will be taking a lot less sh*t than the ones 4 years ago. Where you heading today before the game, Steve?
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:01am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Carnage in Montmartre/Pigalle last night. I'm sure it was great fun during the day and early evening.
But the amounts of coked up, completely legless/sh*tfaced, passed out people was unreal. A very tense and aggressive atmosphere I found. 

Some lads breaking stuff, pissing against front doors, windows, jumping on vans and basically acting like pricks. Piss, blood and fights all over.

Never felt as alien on an away trip. A new crowd is joining us and they just seem to disregard normal ethics and have a different view on what is 'fun' stuff.

I'll gladly avoid scenes like that again. It was just cringe worthy and downright shameful at times.

Deffo a new element, way beyond anything seen in Poland. They'll be inviting trouble on themselves and us as the police here will be taking a lot less sh*t than the ones 4 years ago. Where you heading today before the game, Steve?

Heading out to the stadium early enough. Nice lunch beforehand with a pint or 2 in Montmartre.
But the other side of it haha. You heading in today?

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:07am

That's depressing to read. I'm not going to the Sweden game but I'll in Bordeaux on Friday. Hopefully there's none of the carry on. I'd say there's thousands of people who'll only be going to Paris, probably loads without tickets also.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:18am
Heading in to the fan zone for a bit, might catch ya for a pint out in Saint Denis later bud
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:57am

Was always going to be a magnet for every w**ker from the 32 counties who could afford it

Let them stay there and leave the rest of the city to the rest of us
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 10:04am

Felt like leaving and should have. Just first day madness let's hope...
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Felt like leaving and should have. Just first day madness let's hope...

FFS
That's depressing to read.
There was a time when Irish fans could and would police themselves but the numbers and the people involve prob. make that job redundant now.

Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 10:40am
Jesus I'm glad I stayed away from there. We were up by Rue Montmartre across from Corcorans in that area. What are people doing today? We might head to the fanzone shortly.
cpkell View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 10:50am
Anyone know where I could find Irish jerseys in Paris before the match today?
Cowboyjoey View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowboyjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 2:55pm
I honestly have to disagree. Best craic and banter ever. With thousands of fans you'll always get a few fools. Brilliant atmosphere in pigalle.
finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:53pm
Here outside the Harp now. Not as mental as last night or this afternoon. But there is prospects by the looks of it.
Muinteoir View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muinteoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 9:25am
Lads could anyone tell us what it was like yesterday getting to the match? Was there any checks on tickets/ flags etc? What time did you leave to get to the stadium? I'm heading to Bordeaux on Saturday and want to give myself enough time to have a beer and get out to the stadium. Cheers
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Muinteoir Muinteoir wrote:

Lads could anyone tell us what it was like yesterday getting to the match? Was there any checks on tickets/ flags etc? What time did you leave to get to the stadium? I'm heading to Bordeaux on Saturday and want to give myself enough time to have a beer and get out to the stadium. Cheers

No issues, used RER D and there was 4 check, 2 by Police and that was to allow people closer to stadium then swipe it and then check whether it was valid.

By all Accounts from Welsh fans transport was slow and crowded........ i.e. not enough.
Muinteoir View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muinteoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

No issues, used RER D and there was 4 check, 2 by Police and that was to allow people closer to stadium then swipe it and then check whether it was valid.

By all Accounts from Welsh fans transport was slow and crowded........ i.e. not enough.

Great cheers. I think I'll head into town early for breakfast and a few beers then get the tram out to the stadium about 12.30/1
BillRawles View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillRawles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 1:51pm

We gave ourselves 2 hours to get from montemarte. We were in our seats with 15-20 mins to spare - that's after stopping for a few drinks and a bit of craic with some Swedes. We got the RER B which left us at the wrong end of the stadium, the metro would have left us closer but it made no odds really. 3 or 4 checks, the only real bottleneck was just after the ticket scan where the proper frisk was done.
Bru View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by OscarDelta OscarDelta wrote:

Great cheers. I think I'll head into town early for breakfast and a few beers then get the tram out to the stadium about 12.30/1

Yeah no major delays. One or two metro stops were out of action closer to the stadium. Not sure if that was for security reasons. Apart from that it all went smooth enough. Couple of security checks but not over the top. 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 6:26pm

Stop chatting sh*te

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 14 Jun 2016 at 6:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
  Share Topic