You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Sweden, Paris, General thread (meet-ups etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Silvio Dante Silvio Dante wrote:

Lille will be my second trip. Not doing Bordeaux. Lille nice and easy to get to and its Italy. :)

Sorry to disappoint you SD but Lille is in France

Sponsored Links

KentInGreen90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KentInGreen90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

We should do a ybig meet up on Sunday night , get some place to do a drink deal and get the tunes going and drink the f**ker dry

I second this lads!!! 
Silvio Dante View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Lille will be my second trip. Not doing Bordeaux. Lille nice and easy to get to and its Italy. :)

Sorry to disappoint you SD but Lille is in France

In that case I'm wrong about Paris being in Sweden and Bordeaux being in Belgium. :D
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:09pm

We should all pay our respects at La Bataclan at some stage.

Not just that.  Chatting with a few from the London Supporters Club on night we qualified, we resolved that if Ireland play any of their games in Paris, we will make a deliberate point of gonig drinking at the cafes and bars that were attacked on the 13th of November.

So on the Sunday the 12th and Monday the 13th, let's all go for at least one at La Carillon café, Le Petit Cambodge, Las Casa Nostra and La Belle Equipe.

A good idea?
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Not just that.  Chatting with a few from the London Supporters Club on night we qualified, we resolved that if Ireland play any of their games in Paris, we will make a deliberate point of gonig drinking at the cafes and bars that were attacked on the 13th of November.

So on the Sunday the 12th and Monday the 13th, let's all go for at least one at La Carillon café, Le Petit Cambodge, Las Casa Nostra and La Belle Equipe.

A good idea?

As YOU are buying....I am happy to support this initiative
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:13pm
Wouldn't have thought so myself, they'll be busy regardless, not sure what stopping by will do, especially if it leads to a load of drunken paddy's about the place.

gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:14pm

A good idea?

agreed Wink . this deserves a thread. get a big group together
IrelandAway.com
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:16pm
So ye can all pat yourselves on the back and say how great ye are? Grief tourism is all it is
gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

So ye can all pat yourselves on the back and say how great ye are? Grief tourism is all it is

more a mark of respect 
IrelandAway.com
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:19pm

The owners might be delighted to see people come in and pay their respects, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand at all
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:20pm
Not sure swinging by for a pint is a mark of respect. Regardless they'll want to be enjoying it for the football that's on, not having everyone remind them of the terrorist attacks
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:21pm
Not sure if it's my cup of tea anyway but as far as I know only one has reopened - A la Bonne Biere. Would not be surprised if the others stayed close whether out of respect, fear, bad memories or the financial effects of having the shutters down for so long
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:24pm

A good idea?

Class idea. A no brainer.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:25pm

The owners might be delighted to see people come in and pay their respects, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand at all

Wouldn't see it as a great idea at all.

Very morbid to be going to drink pints in these places.

There's something not right about a pub crawl of the places involved.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:25pm

There's always one..........
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

It's a big f**k you to the lads who tried to shut them down
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvio Dante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

It's a big f**k you to the lads who tried to shut them down

Spot on.

A message of solidarity to the values of French Liberty in the face of Fascist Jihadism.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:31pm
Not exactly relevant, bck when I was younger I delivered booze regularly to the rising star pub in greysteel. It was f**king grim and depressing for the same reason il be staying away from all that stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic