You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROI v Italy, Lille, Travel & Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROI v Italy, Lille, Travel & Accommodation
    Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 3:01pm
All things travel and acccom for Italy in Lille to go in this thread
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:04pm
Booked  Brussels for this, still looking for transport back to Brussels from Lille after the game.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 4:18pm
Hoping to attend this game. I'll be looking into it after Xmas.
philkildare View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philkildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 6:17pm
Flights Dub-Edin-Brussels 20th to 23rd return €165.00 each. Bus down to Lille!

mj4345 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mj4345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 7:17pm
Anyone looking at the train from London direct to Lille 1hr30mins? Where are people staying , cant find much? Oh and what are abbey travel deals normally like? - MJ
irishrossi View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishrossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 7:52pm
flying to amsterdam on the 20th and getting the train down on that day, and staying in a hostel in lille. just because i know the layout of schiphol airport train station and its handy to get about
RazorMac View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RazorMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:20pm
If your flying into Charleroi there is a connecting bus for each flight to Lille for 5 euro. We're probably going to stay out beside the airport. Also looking into hiring a bus as there will be a large group of us and if we manage to hire 1 we'll probably stay in Brussels.
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:13pm
Anybody in Bordeaux heading up to this, me and mate got flight to Brussels with easy jet on June 22 for £25 each, which is a damn sight cheaper and quicker than the train
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 10:26pm
Booked flight from bordeaux to lille tonight for the 21st went for the late flight so was bit dearer than the 6am flight
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 11:47pm
Seems to be a logistical nightmare this. No accommodation, late kick off means getting back to accommodation 40 miles away will be tough.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:05am
Basing ourselves in Amiens for this one for 4 nights
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
mario85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Seems to be a logistical nightmare this. No accommodation, late kick off means getting back to accommodation 40 miles away will be tough.

is staying in Lille city centre not an option? it best to stay out by the stadium?
Toohey94 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toohey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:35am
We were thinking of going Paris to Bordeaux return and then from Paris up to Lille all via trains wondering is this a decent option?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 2:36am
I got a superior apartment for €450 for two nights right in Lille city centre, it's now going for nearly €1,200! 

I was one of the lucky ones to get sorted slap bang in Lille. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 7:15am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Booked flight from bordeaux to lille tonight for the 21st went for the late flight so was bit dearer than the 6am flight

6 of us on the 06.30 flight on the 21st. Paid 60€ for it
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

6 of us on the 06.30 flight on the 21st. Paid 60€ for it

That flight now €83 on Skyscanner. I didn't trust myself to make it to bordeaux early in the morning so the later flight made more sense
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Ronan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 1:08pm
Sorted central accomodation in Lille from airbnb, staying the 19th-23rd. Planning on getting the train from Bordeaux-Lille early on the 19th, but having a few issues with booking it now. On the 19th there's only one option at £62.50 for Bordeaux-Lille with a change at Paris, but looking for example at this Sunday there's about 15-20 trains going from Bordeaux-Lille so thinking it's best to wait it out till more are scheduled.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015 at 3:13pm
Manchester still showing £50 return on sh1t air into charleoi if any use to anyone

its a tight call if getting the 0620 from DUB to MAN so prob need in night before
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
  Share Topic