Topic ClosedRobbie with Plank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robbie with Plank
    Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 5:22pm

Arrived home after 10 from Richmond Park (Rovers got a 5-0 hiding, lucky to get nil they were).........and saw the tape of Robbie talking with the Plank on the Late Late.  It seems Robbie took it upon himself to come over and appear with PK but it might backfire on him.  He made the usual run of the mill defence of Stan and the tired old "young players aren't enjoying coming over anymore", blah de blah, but there's one subject he commented on that I'm not happy about at all.  

I'm very disappointed in him that he reckons fans are being influenced what to think by the media.  Where the fck did you get that Robbie?   We might be fickle at times, we might get a bit frustrated (especially when we see YOU Robbie at your best at Spurs), but Robbie we are not fookin stupid.  No journalist, be it the most cynical Red top boozy hack or your Tom Humphreys or whoever is writing/commentating, will influence what us fans think or say.  We go by what we see at the matches Robbie, end of.  Just cos we're not playing at pro-level, doesn't mean we don't understand football.  Just cos we like a few pints before/after matches, doesn't mean our brains go into meltdown.  In short, we fookin know our own minds Robbie and you underestimate our footballing intelligence at your peril, to the point of insulting it and coming from our alleged Captain I am feel extremely annoyed at this comment.

I'm sure yiz can see his interview in the coming days on the RTE website or yiz'll read it in the papers, but I for one don't think much of Robbie's Rant tonight.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 19 Oct 2007 at 5:23pm
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 5:39pm
Guys, if robbie said what FW said he said (if you get what i'm saying!) then I think EVERY fan who can write, type or even semaphore should send a post card to Robbie Keane c/o WHL, London informing him politely as to why this opinion is mistaken.

My first game was All Irl XI Vs. Brazil XI in 1973 4-3.  i won't bore you with the history since then, but  i've NEVER been a media lackey.  Nor are any of the people I've stood/sat with near matches. Robbies comments need to receive some balance on the other side.

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 8:08pm
Robbie said fook all tonight; if you didnt see it, you really didnt miss anything. his main point was that all this negativity has impacted on the young players - solution; sack the manager, get a decent manager and start playin well.
one other point for those that seen it, the annonymous young player who told him he didnt enjoy playin for ireland anymore had to be mcgeady i reckon. i feel sorry for aidan, he just hasnt produced the form that he does with celtic. maybe a new manager can get the best out of him
billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 9:16pm

will have to wait and see it hopefully in the next few days. Agree that Robbie needs to thread carefully - he has made a fair oul living off the fans hard earned cash - so to insult their intelligence by insinuating they take their lead from the media is pretty naieve.( My old man was bringing me to landsdowne rd long before the "evening herald" told him to!!) I will have to hear the full interview before i cast judgment, but i think the irish fans have been more than reasonable over the last 2 years - in the face of adversity due to the team playing shiite on such a consistent basis...  - Does Robbie want everyone else accountable for their actions?( except the players of course) You are the captain Robbie (which is another topic unto itself), not the fookin Messiah. if these poor 'young lads" play shiite for their club's week in / week out -do they not hear about that in the press? . The average Irish fan expects no more than 100% effort from whoever is picked and  privileged to wear our countries colors.  Can you get that message out to the team in the next huddle Robbie?.

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

will have to wait and see it hopefully in the next few days. Agree that Robbie needs to thread carefully - he has made a fair oul living off the fans hard earned cash - so to insult their intelligence by insinuating they take their lead from the media is pretty naieve.( My old man was bringing me to landsdowne rd long before the "evening herald" told him to!!) I will have to hear the full interview before i cast judgment, but i think the irish fans have been more than reasonable over the last 2 years - in the face of adversity due to the team playing shiite on such a consistent basis...  - Does Robbie want everyone else accountable for their actions?( except the players of course) You are the captain Robbie (which is another topic unto itself), not the fookin Messiah. if these poor 'young lads" play shiite for their club's week in / week out -do they not hear about that in the press? . The average Irish fan expects no more than 100% effort from whoever is picked and  privileged to wear our countries colors.  Can you get that message out to the team in the next huddle Robbie?.

the thought just hit me - thats the first time I have made a post in about 16 months that I did not have to type the words  'staunton"  ' gaffer"  or "delaney"
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 11:27pm
I will have to see that interview myself but suffice to say based on what I have read here I would have no sympathy or empathy with poor aul hard done by Robbie. He has a bleedin nerve to suggest that the irish fans cant believe their own eyes and have to follow the media's lead like a flock of unintelligent sheep. Who the fook does he think he is?? €70 euros a fookin ticket mightnt be a pigeon sh1t out of his wage packet but its a big Bear dump out of mine, not to mention what we shell out to go to away games. Its this same childish attitude we see from him on the pitch more concerned with standin with his arms strecthed out waitin for a whistle that never comes rather than playin the bleedin ball and actually havin a shot on target for a fookin change. He'll be accusin us of just comin to croker for the prawn sandwiches next. Time to stand up and be counted Robbie. You havent performed in a green jersey for eons so stop blamin the fans for your lack of ability. At least Hunty and Kevin Doyle had the honesty to admit the team were sh1te and the fans were right to be pissed off. Maybe one of them should be wearin the Captains armband eh Robbie? Grow up ya primadonna.
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 11:38pm
As someone who has stood up for robbie in the past, maybe i should change my tune,

Just in myself FW, God almighty Rovers were like a pub side, could of been a lot more
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 11:39pm
any link for the interview??
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 4:02am
looking forward to see this, will probably  be on you tube later

Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 4:41am
not goin to bother watchin that interview
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 5:54am
Fookin furious:  Keane has been the epitomy of Stan on the field. No responsibility. No accountability. No brains. No articulation. No communication. No goals. 

Has to be stripped of the captaincyAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Paddyirishman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 12:15pm
Forget stripped of the captaincy! Benched wouldn't be beyond him. The irony behind all this is he'll probably go out and score for Spurs in his next game!
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2007 at 12:39pm
it wont be mcgeady no, hes a good friend of mine and he loves playing for ireland and is just frustrated that he didnt produce his best when he had the chance in the two away games.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 3:41am
He's just making stories up how we might feel sorry for him.If he or anybody else doesnt want to play then dont.We have enough 16-40 year olds in the country to fill the places.Id rather a bum of the street playing for us than somebody who doesnt want to.He thinks he's doing us a favour by turning up.And im sick of them refering to us as fans.Its as much our team as it is his.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 4:02am
anyone got the link to this yet, havent been able to see it?
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 4:04am
its on the rte website lads.
robbie has just shown what an ivory tower these players live in.
the fans were booing becasue the media told them to?

THE FANS WERE BOOING BECAUSE OUR TEAM IS PLAYING SH1TE!!!

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 4:06am
there's a repeat of it tonight on rte1 at 00:10.I didnt see it but i think it is on at the start.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2007 at 4:07am
will try find it on you tube later so dont have to watch Pat the plank for more than the 5 mins neccessary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic