Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrobbie keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 3:27pm
I aggree with your point Robbie but he still does need a kick up the arse. tries to do too much when hes on the pitch (dropping way to deep) and should just stay up front like a striker should. Should learn how to head a ball aswell and not pretend to jump for them when its coming his way.

I do think he should be dropped as captain though, not true lack of effort and trying hard though, I just reckon Dunne would be much better at it than him!

I think Doyle is every Ireland supporters number one srtiker now though.
Sponsored Links

L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 4:35pm
It's a pity that  there is no other option for Keane-as a bit of competition might shake him up- At spurs he knows 2 bad games and it's the subs bench for him. As for moaning and screeching at refs...he's not at that all the time with Spurs either...could be a case of the big fish in the small pond syndrome

Edited by L.Y.A. - 24 Sep 2007 at 4:36pm
greenspur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 5:38pm
as a spurs supporter, i think he is vastly overrated! He is encouraged to drop deep with spurs and lay off ball for berbatov and the attaching jenas and malbranque,and also now that hes back fit, Lennon. Its a different system, but keane still tries to apply that to ireland games.We dont have the ability in our team to attack with great effect from midfield apart from Stephen "crazy horse" ireland. Keane spends most of the games pretending to tackle, Pretending to jump for headers (i have never seen him win one, never mind score from one!) And as i have said before on here, people say he has a great workrate and never stops running, chickens do a lot of running round too not knowing what their doing also. He is without doubt the most frustrating player ever to pull on a Green jersey (and a white one also). goalscorers should score goals........
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by greenspur greenspur wrote:

... apart from Stephen "crazy horse" ireland...

ClapLOLCryLOL
Crazy Horse
Classic greenspur
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic